I switched from an iPhone because I wanted to feel like I was actually upgrading my phone. I really enjoy the phone other than occasional bugs. I wish I could just oust the stock music app completely. It keeps opening itself whenever I hit pause/play on my headphone controls. Even when I am listening to a song on spotify and the music app is closed, if I hit pause it pauses spotify and plays the music app. And sometimes when I'm listening to spotify, the controls won't show up on the lock screen.

I have the same little issues that I've read while browsing on here: volume turns itself up at night despite being on silent, facebook links open to external browser despite the box for doing so is unchecked... little things like that.

My main issue besides that darn music app though, is I installed a 64gb Samsung SDXC card. It didn't notify me of its presence as I thought it might, so I went in and it appears all is well. I unmounted it and remounted it just to be sure and again, all seems well. I decided to go ahead and reformat it (for some reason I expected it to format it upon installation) but it asks me for an alternative password. I put in the only password that had ever been used in my phone and it rejects it. So I think maybe its asking me to create one... no dice. It expects me know this password (my phone is 3 days old, there is no password) but alas, I do not. So I decide to just try to use it as is, and it allows me to move apps to it so I assume all is well. I am however annoyed at the lack of apps that I'm permitted to move to it. Most especially Spotify. I was intending on DLing a TON of songs to this card and making spotify a bloated mess of listening goodness only to find out that I am unable to. I gave up unlimited data when I upgraded (yeah, I'm dumb but my wife wanted to come to Verizon and our plan was getting expensive to have separate data plans.) So I read up on how I might be able to make spotify move to my sd card and see how it was done on previous Notes, has anyone done in on the 4 and can you tell me how?

TL;DR please help me figure out how to move spotify to my sd card, and how to send the stock music app to burn in hell for all of eternity.

Also, I don't use Google+ and have disabled it, is that a bad idea?
    11-11-2014 04:38 PM
    I am however annoyed at the lack of apps that I'm permitted to move to it.
    The SD card, in Android, is for storing data files, not for running apps from. Some apps will run from it, but the general rule is to run your apps from internal storage.

Most especially Spotify. I was intending on DLing a TON of songs to this card and making spotify a bloated mess of listening goodness only to find out that I am unable to.
    If Spotify can't play the apps on your SD card, try restarting the phone (so that Media Scan runs again and finds them). If it still can't, email the developer.

So I read up on how I might be able to make spotify move to my sd card and see how it was done on previous Notes, has anyone done in on the 4 and can you tell me how?
    Settings/General/Application manager. Find Spotify,press it and look for a "Move to SD card" button. If it's not grayed out [if it is, the developer has determined that Spotify won't run from the SD card and has, properly, refused to allow you to move it there], press the button. It will move. Whether it will run from the SD card depends on the app, not the phone or how you move it.

and how to send the stock music app to burn in hell for all of eternity.
    Application manager again. Find it and disable it. (If you can't, that's because it's a system app and the phone has to be rooted [jailbroken in iPhone terms] to disable or delete it.)

Also, I don't use Google+ and have disabled it, is that a bad idea?
    Google+? Not in my opinion. I don't use it. I do use Google, though - email accounts, contact backups, Android Device Manager. An Android phone is a Google phone, much as an iPhone is an Apple phone.
    aximtreo and CeeGeeLawrence like this.
    11-11-2014 05:42 PM
    Yeah, I should have specified that it is grayed out. As stated above I was able to move apps to my card and knew how, but Spotify wasn't one of the ones that would let me. The same with the music app, I know the basic how to disable and whatnot, but the music app wont allow it and I'm desperate for it to stop trying to be my native music app.
    11-11-2014 05:51 PM
    Yeah, I should have specified that it is grayed out. As stated above I was able to move apps to my card and knew how, but Spotify wasn't one of the ones that would let me. The same with the music app, I know the basic how to disable and whatnot, but the music app wont allow it and I'm desperate for it to stop trying to be my native music app.
    I noticed that when I looked up my spotify app info it tells me that the app is on my device storage but maybe the music I've downloaded so far is stored on my SD card.. Idk maybe I'm wrong but here's a screen shot
    Attached Thumbnails Recent switch to Note 4 and love it but...-uploadfromtaptalk1415762134379.jpg  
    11-11-2014 09:15 PM
    google play music subscriber here and can download any album i want to my sd card on my note 4
    11-12-2014 12:30 AM
    I noticed that when I looked up my spotify app info it tells me that the app is on my device storage but maybe the music I've downloaded so far is stored on my SD card.. Idk maybe I'm wrong but here's a screen shot
    I did some digging on Spotify's site and you are correct! If you have more room on your card than your phone when you download Spotify, it will store the music on your card! That's great news to me I had to uninstall as I had spotify before my card was mounted so all of mine was on my phone, but its working well now.

My darn music app is still driving me nuts. I hit pause on my headphones and it pauses spotify and immediately starts a song from the music app even though its closed. I was able to take away some of the annoyance by getting rid of the one song that was on there (which was from Samsung) so now when it opens it at least stays silent, but once I can figure out rooting after lollipop comes out I may seriously look into it as this is a deal breaker for me. I pause my spotify app several times a day in the office.
    Jason likes this.
    11-12-2014 08:49 PM
    I did some digging on Spotify's site and you are correct! If you have more room on your card than your phone when you download Spotify, it will store the music on your card! That's great news to me I had to uninstall as I had spotify before my card was mounted so all of mine was on my phone, but its working well now.

My darn music app is still driving me nuts. I hit pause on my headphones and it pauses spotify and immediately starts a song from the music app even though its closed. I was able to take away some of the annoyance by getting rid of the one song that was on there (which was from Samsung) so now when it opens it at least stays silent, but once I can figure out rooting after lollipop comes out I may seriously look into it as this is a deal breaker for me. I pause my spotify app several times a day in the office.
    I actually checked to see if my headphones would start my music app while playing spotify and mine works the way it should.. I would think there's a setting to make it stop.
    11-12-2014 10:47 PM
    Mine doesn't do it all the time. Only occasionally. But it does start the music app when nothing is playing several times a day. There seems to be no such setting.
    11-16-2014 02:44 PM