Why is my Note 4 camera really slow?

kimbolaria

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
why is my note 4 camera really slow?

The camera takes a long time to process a new scene. If I move it it will take 5 seconds to show the new scene I am pointing it at.

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: why is my note 4 camera really slow?

Mine doesn't do that. You may have HDR turned on. High Dynamic Range. Makes for beautiful pictures but it has to take multiple shots at different ISO ranges to do so.

HDR will slow down the time it takes to go from one picture to another. But use it whenever possible. Awesome pictures with it.

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Re: why is my note 4 camera really slow?

Mine doesn't do that. You may have HDR turned on. High Dynamic Range. Makes for beautiful pictures but it has to take multiple shots at different ISO ranges to do so.

HDR will slow down the time it takes to go from one picture to another. But use it whenever possible. Awesome pictures with it.
There's no real slow down using HDR on the Note 4. I use it as the standard shooting mode and have seen no difference. Reviewers have also commented on that. The slowdown is most likely due to a large number of photos in the gallery. The S5 has an issue with that and I've noticed it on the Note 4 as well. I've taken to deleting photos off the phone after the gallery reaches 100 since I have Dropbox sync setup.

maximalife

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Thought you were going to say the phone camera app itself is slow to open and when selecting to view the picture slow as well...those ths issues im having.

Posted via the Android Central App

Pedro2NR

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I am also getting this slow experience as everyone described on my Note 4 with ExtSD Card. The remedy of using my internal SD card is not a solution I would like. I bought my Samsung 65GB USH-I Class 10 card. It claims to have up to 70MB/S Read and up to 20MB/s Write speed.
I did run a speed test and I received Read 14.87mB/s and Write 5.62MB/s.

Tap the take pics seemed to fix the problem of taking a picture at a slow speed.

Pictures being save to the gallery takes some time to complete, not an huge issue but when I go to the gallery to delete some images, this is where the problem occurs.

When I am previewing the image and I hit the delete button, nothing happens until a time frame of 3 seconds to 10 seconds. The work around for me is to delete the image on thumbnail mode.

ornea

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I am also experiencing the camera app slowing to a crawl.
However, the simptoms appear intermittently and seems to occur more often when accessing the camera directly from screen lock. Perhaps just when the phone has sat idle for some time
I thought it may coincide when the camera app is already active in the background and accessing from the screen lock.
However, I am unable to recreate the conditions to produce the simptons.
This is annoying as opportunities are lost as sometimes to solve the phone must be restarted.
I do save to SD card and there are many photos in the gallery on a samsung note4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance