Issues with clock?

mbabee

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Okay, since having my lovely Note 4, I've been having quite a few problems. Most I've chalked up to brand new phone and some bugs, some have just disappeared, and some I've just either lived with or found an alternate workaround.

Two things have have been bothering me with the clock is that in my S4 and S5 and my N3, if I pulled the shade down and tapped on on the time in the upper left corner, it would show me my world clocks. This was an awesome feature since my husband is deployed and I can just quickly see what time it is there to send him a quick message or expect a call from him.. But my N4 isn't doing that :( I tried checking my notification settings and my clock itself but haven't found anything. Tried this on a friend's N4 and hers didn't do it either. Any ideas or suggestions?

Also, in my alarms, before I would set up my alarms and not specify a date. I would leave the date unchecked and it would automatically set it up for the next day. I liked this because when I needed to set the alarm for the next day, if I did, all I would have to do was tap the alarm clock image, and it would set up the alarm for THE NEXT DAY. Now, with my N4, when I do that, it sets it up for the nect Tuesday or Saturday, etc. Even if I had left the day unchecked when setting up the original alarm, and the next day just so happened to be a Friday, when I next tap on the clock image, it would set up for NEXT Friday, as opposed to setting up for Saturday. Hope that was clear enough :) any ideas on this as well?

Please and thanks yall!

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Okay, since having my lovely Note 4, I've been having quite a few problems. Most I've chalked up to brand new phone and some bugs, some have just disappeared, and some I've just either lived with or found an alternate workaround.

Two things have have been bothering me with the clock is that in my S4 and S5 and my N3, if I pulled the shade down and tapped on on the time in the upper left corner, it would show me my world clocks. This was an awesome feature since my husband is deployed and I can just quickly see what time it is there to send him a quick message or expect a call from him.. But my N4 isn't doing that :( I tried checking my notification settings and my clock itself but haven't found anything. Tried this on a friend's N4 and hers didn't do it either. Any ideas or suggestions?

In the clocks app you can see clocks for any city in the world you want to see. Just set them up and they will be there when you open it.

Also, in my alarms, before I would set up my alarms and not specify a date. I would leave the date unchecked and it would automatically set it up for the next day. I liked this because when I needed to set the alarm for the next day, if I did, all I would have to do was tap the alarm clock image, and it would set up the alarm for THE NEXT DAY. Now, with my N4, when I do that, it sets it up for the nect Tuesday or Saturday, etc. Even if I had left the day unchecked when setting up the original alarm, and the next day just so happened to be a Friday, when I next tap on the clock image, it would set up for NEXT Friday, as opposed to setting up for Saturday. Hope that was clear enough :) any ideas on this as well?

Just opened mine and set an alarm for 6am and if you don't select a day, it will select the next day for you or the next time it will be whatever time you chose. I hope this helped you..

Please and thanks yall!

mbabee

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. My issue with the world clock is that I have to actually open up the application to see it. Where's on my other phones, after I had the world clock set up, on any screen, all I had to do was drag down the shade and tap on the time in the left top corner. Then a little drop down would appear, displaying all the world clocks I had. Can't seem to get my N4 to do that :(

And yeah, if you don't select the day, it'll automatically set up for the next day. But if you try to do the same thing once you hit 12:00am, it will set the alarm for NEXT Wednesday, not Thursday. Does that make sense? Thank you so much though!

mbabee

May 17, 2014
Visit site
So in this picture, I tapped the clock on the right and it automatically set for Friday. Even though when I had originally set up this alarm, I had not specified what day I wanted it to be for.

Attachments

• 1415761676359.jpg
    1415761676359.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 1415761686668.jpg
    1415761686668.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 14

mbabee

May 17, 2014
Visit site
And now in this one, I actually opened up the alarm and unselected the day. Which, when I clicked save, made it for the next day.

Whereas on all my previous phones, since I had never specified what day, whenever I tapped the right clock icon, it would automatically set for the next day without me having to open it up.

Attachments

• 1415761815049.jpg
    1415761815049.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 1415761824358.jpg
    1415761824358.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 1415761835201.jpg
    1415761835201.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 13

mbabee

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone have a N3, S4 or S5 laying around that they could do this with, just to get me a screen shot so people can see what I'm talking about? If you set a world clock, then on any screen, pull down the shade and tap the date, right there a little drop down will show up with the world clock. I can do a screen shot and circle and point at what I'm talking about if it's still confusing? Please and thank you.

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
What you're describing (especially since you reference the Note 3, and S4 and S5) seem to be not a Note 4 issue but an Android 4.4.4 issue. IIRC, the other three phones run 4.4.2, and 4.4.4 (the out of the box KitKat version the N4 has), handles a few things differently and the clock seems to be one of them.

So, not bugs with the N4, but 'features' of KitKat 4.4.4.

mbabee

May 17, 2014
Visit site
What you're describing (especially since you reference the Note 3, and S4 and S5) seem to be not a Note 4 issue but an Android 4.4.4 issue. IIRC, the other three phones run 4.4.2, and 4.4.4 (the out of the box KitKat version the N4 has), handles a few things differently and the clock seems to be one of them.

So, not bugs with the N4, but 'features' of KitKat 4.4.4.

Thank you!! That was super technical. Lol. Let me get this straight... So that means the operating system my N4 has now is different than the ones the others had and that's why I had that function? Is there anyway to get back to those? Or should I just ditch my dreams of easily accessing my world clock from anywhere?

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Thank you!! That was super technical. Lol. Let me get this straight... So that means the operating system my N4 has now is different than the ones the others had and that's why I had that function? Is there anyway to get back to those? Or should I just ditch my dreams of easily accessing my world clock from anywhere?

Yeah, 4.4.4 is the latest revision of Android. There's really no easy way of downgrading to 4.4.2 on the Note 4. However, in the next few months, we're likely to get Lollipop (Android 5) on the Note 4. I don't know how the clock is on it, but hopefully more like you want, or at least having more options to work with.

mbabee

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Fingers crossed! Do you know if it will automatically update or would I have to confirm it? Just wondering how I'd find out when I'd have it and if I'd even notice the difference! Lol