Why is my new Note 4 having RAM problems

nikvik1

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I m new to android phones as I have had an iPhone 4 previously and decided to change.
I have just purchased a Galaxy note 4 a few weeks ago and I bought this phone because on paper it seems to be super fast with 3GB of RAM. However, when I come to play some simple games on the phone I keep getting the Game Boost message telling me that I only have 11% of Available RAM and the game starts lagging.
I am not running loads of stuff at once just playing single games.
I downloaded clean master to try to combat this issue but I am using it all the time. Surly this is not normal right?

Also is there any app killers or anti virus apps that I should have on the phone? I am not used to the android system so any help would be grateful for this newbie.

Thanks

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I m new to android phones as I have had an iPhone 4 previously and decided to change.
I have just purchased a Galaxy note 4 a few weeks ago and I bought this phone because on paper it seems to be super fast with 3GB of RAM. However, when I come to play some simple games on the phone I keep getting the Game Boost message telling me that I only have 11% of Available RAM and the game starts lagging.
I am not running loads of stuff at once just playing single games.
I downloaded clean master to try to combat this issue but I am using it all the time. Surly this is not normal right?

Also is there any app killers or anti virus apps that I should have on the phone? I am not used to the android system so any help would be grateful for this newbie.

Thanks

Like FBA said, it's most likely the app, not the phone. Delete the app and reinstall and reboot phone. Also you can try hitting the bottom left button (multitasking) and swipe left to clear them. I would clear them all then try your app/game.

You don't need antivirus apps installed unless your going to be side loading apps. Get all apps from the play store as it's just as secure as the app store.

Hope this helps!

nikvik1

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the advice.

I always swipe any unused apps so there is only one running at a time as I originally thought this may be the issue.

Its not just one app, it happens periodically after playing games on the train on the way to work. It as if its keeping them open somewhere and it then pops up with the game boost error message. Its very strange.

Also they were downloaded from the play store. Thanks

lostsoul2

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
your not the only one.. when I first got the phone I had no problems for many weeks. but now that I have nova and live wall paper and loded some apps on it, once in a while for simple games I see it lag. candy crush and a stick figure sniper game. I never had gotten a message about low ram and clear mine out once in a while.

nikvik1

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Yeah its pretty annoying, the games that I am playing are a little more graphic heavy but nothing to advanced. perhaps the phone cannot handle it. The games are clash of clans, ocean tails and adventure town.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Android will always keep filling the RAM up.. Even if you wipe it. Android handles RAM differently than Windows so you can honestly just ignore it and use the phone.. Android will handle the rest :).

harryhayde

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Touch wiz is renowned for using a crap ton of ram, usually I see anywhere from 1.9gb to 2.5gb being used at any one time.

Posted via the Android Central App

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
This is what Android will use no matter what is or isn't running. They really ought to print it on the box. Everyone ,including me, has to go through this. It's like only ever putting 5 gallons of gas in your 20 gallon tank.

Not saying there can't be individual problems as described below but generally ram is there to be used.

Touch wiz is renowned for using a crap ton of ram, usually I see anywhere from 1.9gb to 2.5gb being used at any one time.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49