I've been familiarizing myself with my wife's iPhone 6 plus and I've realized that I've been taking my Note 4 for granted. The Note 4 is simply amazing when stacked up against the iPhone, honestly there is no comparison. The iPhone is a superb phone, it's fast, buttery smooth, nice graphics, long battery life, and a great camera. However, the Note 4 does all of that plus has an S-Pen, removable battery, micro SD card expansion, customization, it's cheaper, and so much more. I was shocked when I realized the limits Apple places on the iPhone, it has the potential to be right there with other Android flagship devices. My wife is completely happy with her phone and she should be, but she's not into extreme functionality like most Android users are. I'm appreciative of the competitive spirit between Android and Apple, we are the beneficiaries of this competition, plus the competition within the Android world as well.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-12-2014 09:16 AM
    Agreed, the Note 4 is probably the most powerful phablet on the market right now, if not the most powerful phone.
    11-12-2014 09:53 AM
    I know exactly how you feel.. I felt the same when setting up my wife's iphone.. Its hard to imagine how restrictive ios is especially after having used android.. but it works for most people including my wife :-)
    11-12-2014 09:54 AM
    This is of my opinion also, while the 6 & 6 Plus are great devices they don't offer for us tech enthusiasts the same freedom.

Ios is bland and restrictive OK Apple has loosened but it's very slightly. Like NFC they are tieing you to Apple pay. Another example is in the 6 Plus double tap home to reduce the viewed page (set period of time). Then pick up a Note 4 or any other large screen is of better use.

Apple are not the same company they once we're and the implementation into their products is not near where they were.

Steve Jobs and woz had that spark and Tim Cook can't compete with what they had..

Yes Apple still produce great products but with no spark or real conviction.

This is my input :-)

bassplayrguy likes this.
    11-12-2014 10:12 AM
    Heck, just the fact that it has a back button is enough for me to know it's better than an iPhone! I was on my iPad mini and an app got stuck. Pressed the home button went back into it, still stuck. I actually had to uninstall and reinstall it! A simple refresh or clearing of data could have fixed that right up.

From my smokin' hot Note 4
    11-12-2014 10:15 AM
    I never owned an iPhone in my life. Always had friends with one. I also wanted to know what the fuss was about because my friends would always tease me for having blackberry or android. Yes I do think the iphone seems like a cool device but it never was the phone that I would get excited for. I just....I don't know, never felt the excitement that my friends have over the iphone.

girls love tech too
    11-12-2014 12:43 PM
    To me, the iPhone is too...simple. I guess I'm just used to "fooling with" everything. I agree with that no back button thing too. You gotta push the home button EVERY time? It's a pretty phone, and I can appreciate people's loyalty. It just doesn't float my boat.

11-12-2014 01:51 PM
    The Iphone does have one HUGE advantage over the Note 4, way less bloatware. I really wish we had the option of getting rid of these bloatware off our phones without having to resort to rooting. No disabling does not count as deleting it.

For the record I did have a 4S, but now I have my Note 4 and Ipad Mini Retina. I'm not a blind fanboy, I appreciate and very interested in all tech products. I might pick up a Windows phone/tablet in the future for fun.
    JAG21979 likes this.
    11-12-2014 02:05 PM
    I also have my Note 4 and Verizon IPad Mini Retina, I figure I can have the best of both worlds. But I honestly have not touched the Mini in a week, with my Note 4, I can literally do anything I need to do(Personal and Work). The last time I turn my main computer on was to transfer music and movies to my Note 4. Very happy with it......
    11-12-2014 03:08 PM
    Heck, just the fact that it has a back button is enough for me to know it's better than an iPhone! I was on my iPad mini and an app got stuck. Pressed the home button went back into it, still stuck. I actually had to uninstall and reinstall it! A simple refresh or clearing of data could have fixed that right up.

From my smokin' hot Note 4
    That dedicated back button is huge, when I was tinkering with her iPhone I was so lost without the freakin back button.

reesh11 likes this.
    11-12-2014 04:30 PM
    To me, the iPhone is too...simple. I guess I'm just used to "fooling with" everything. I agree with that no back button thing too. You gotta push the home button EVERY time? It's a pretty phone, and I can appreciate people's loyalty. It just doesn't float my boat.

Doesn't float my boat either. I do like to slo-mo on it though, it's pretty sick.

Katrina White1 likes this.
    11-12-2014 04:32 PM