I've had issues with my lock screen since I got my ATT note 4.

It started with not liking the "padlock" and swipe method that was a default. My wife has the new S5 Active. The "swipe" screen looks completely different than mine. So I turned the screen lock "off". But with kids, that didn't work.

So I turned on "pattern" for a while. But after I'd do my pattern, the swipe screen would then appear and I'd have to swipe. In other words, it was as if it was "double" locked.

After a few days of that, I tried this morning to fix it. If I turn security to "NONE", it works as planned. But regardless of what else I choose, (pattern, pin, password) it reverts to swipe. So even if Screen Security shows "Screen Lock - Secured with password", it's still just swipe.

I do have Nova Launcher installed, but I see nothing that associated with screen lock.

Something isn't right. Have 3 days left to return it to ATT. Any guidance?
    11-12-2014 12:04 PM
    Let me go a bit further. It now appears that my screen times out (in a time I choose) and that is what then requires a "swipe" to get back into the phone. The phone "locks" at a different time (that I also choose.) I want the first swipe on the screen timeout to go away. But the only way I've found to remove it is to change the screen lock to "none". Otherwise, regardless of the screen lock method (pin, password, etc.), the screen timeout recovery is always a swipe.

Hope that helps explain it better for a solution.
    11-12-2014 12:50 PM