11-19-2014 12:55 PM
41 12
tools
    Well, as far as touchwiz goes, I installed Nova prime after a few days. I love Nova but my phone constantly stuttered. I dealt with it for a few weeks. I thought it was my phone. So then I decided to go back to tw and the stuttering stopped. Not sure why or what happened because I used Nova on my gs4 the whole time I had it with no issues but the note didn't seem to like it. I am seeing a slight degradation in my battery life since switching back to tw but not sure if that's the only culprit here. Just my experience with it anyway.

Posted via the Android Central App
    I can attest to this, I too loaded Nova, upon day 4 if owning the note 4, then I noticed bad stuttering, and it was always occurring at the most inopportune times. Then I found out on this forum that others had similar issues. But instead of clearing the dalvik cache, and removing apps, I just reverted back to Touch Wiz as my default launcher, and left nova installed, and now my phone seems like it's back to normal and it talky does run smooth and fast and there's no stuttering, either.

Sent from The One and Only, Amazing---> Note 4<---
    11-13-2014 11:37 PM
    Does anyone at this point remember what the OP was about? lol.
    Asking to see if Verizon Note 4 owners could have a section of their own. ..Lol

Sent from The One and Only, Amazing---> Note 4<---
    11-13-2014 11:39 PM
    Well the Note 2 and 3 were broken down by carrier. Let's see what happens.
    11-14-2014 09:08 AM
    Anyone have info on the radios on the Verizon network and have they improved? I need to make a decision shortly between this and the N6 and my GS3's radios were terrible compared to my Moto X. I'm hoping Sammy has improved them since but need someone to let me know.

Much appreciated!!
    I did make a call from the middle of my local Kroger store last night with no problem. My Note 3 never let me do that, I always had to go to the front of the store or outside to make/send calls or texts.

My next test will be my local Meijer (that store has ALWAYS been horrible for every phone I've ever had).
    mookiekillsit likes this.
    11-14-2014 09:23 AM
    Right on. Thanks anyway. FWIW, Moto Assist (especially for people like me) might have been the best thing ever to happen to cell phones lol. I'll look into car mode but I'm guessing it's the same as it was where it'll read to you whom the call is coming from and whom is sending the text but I bet the voice commands don't exist like on my Moto X.
    I played with Car Mode a few weeks ago after plugging it into my radio's auxiliary port. Worked like a charm. I composed texts to my sister and send them. When she replied back, it read them. It was pretty cool.

The navigation also worked very well. I set it up to use Google Maps for navigation.

However, I'm not impressed with the music player. There doesn't seem to be an option to choose another app (like Google Play or Spotify) to play music through. If you don't have music, physically, on the phone it won't work.
    11-14-2014 09:28 AM
    I appreciate the info, Bianca. I hate the fact I have such a tough decision lol (but am thankful to have such a "dilemma"). I think I'm going to pretend to be a T-Mobile customer today at lunch and see if they have the Nexus in store (I believe they do) just so I can get a nice side by side of each and mess around w/ them.
    11-14-2014 10:05 AM
    Be careful...there are people on here who will call you a mean Nazi for even suggesting things like remaining on-topic or searching for a thread before starting one ;-)

Does anyone at this point remember what the OP was about? lol.
    11-14-2014 12:15 PM
    This phone is pure awesome..

Posted Verizon Note 4
    11-14-2014 07:49 PM
    I worried about the same thing. With my note 3 I had the worse service ever while everyone with other phones had great service. Since I got the note 4 on release day I have had the same if not better service than most of them. So I would say the reasons are much better. .

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-14-2014 08:11 PM
    The hardware varies how exactly? Do you mean just the mic holes at the bottom? What else?
    It has lag issues that's for sure compared to other ones and even store models

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    11-14-2014 09:30 PM
    Anyone have info on the radios on the Verizon network and have they improved? I need to make a decision shortly between this and the N6 and my GS3's radios were terrible compared to my Moto X. I'm hoping Sammy has improved them since but need someone to let me know.

Much appreciated!!
    The same between the 1 day of use of the droid turbo and the note 4

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    11-14-2014 09:33 PM
    You are 100% correct spigen case I bought from Amazon put 4 scratches in each corner. I returned the case and order
    a Spec 21 case. Which was more money but was better protection.
    11-15-2014 11:47 AM
    You are 100% correct spigen case I bought from Amazon put 4 scratches in each corner. I returned the case and order
    a Spec 21 case. Which was more money but was better protection.
    Tech21 ?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    11-15-2014 12:45 PM
    It is the "ok Google" detection

I can't get OK Google to work with my phone screen off. It works when the screen is on and locked but not completely off. S Voice works with the phone screen off though... is there a setting I am missing in OK Google that allows it to work when the screen is off? I have my settings set up like you have mentioned.
    11-17-2014 01:57 AM
    I can't get OK Google to work with my phone screen off. It works when the screen is on and locked but not completely off. S Voice works with the phone screen off though... is there a setting I am missing in OK Google that allows it to work when the screen is off? I have my settings set up like you have mentioned.
    Try to disable s voice always listening.

11-17-2014 07:46 AM
    Seems like N4 improved a lot, based on some reviews, but there is plenty of people complaining, so I guess it's just the faulty devices (antennas). My experience with Samsung on CDMA network were the worst (note 3 the latest) but this time around both Nexus 6 and Droid Turbo surprisingly failed to deliver compared to the Note 4. The only strong connection performer left in Motorola's store is Moto X ('13 and '14).

via AC App on VZW Moto X DE/N7
    11-19-2014 12:55 PM
41 12