Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Verizon owners - I would like a specific section

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Verizon owners - I would like a specific section

I have never used a Moto X, so can't compare, but you can use Google now commands on the note 4, even with the screen off.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Really???? Is there a name for this feature or a video that shows it in use??

ClaudiaP

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: Verizon owners

I can't give you exact details but I can say that I have had 4 smart phones one Motorola and 3 Sammies and the note 4 is the first one that I can actually get data inside my house, and 4G data at that. To me that is a huge improvement, before the Note 4 I had a Note 2 and it was the best I had for signal inside the house until the Note 4 and there is a noticeable improvement.

When I look at the numbers in status I don't see a lot of difference between the 2 and 4 but in actual practice I do, I can get phone signal and data in a power outage and that makes me a happy camper.:)

Anyone have info on the radios on the Verizon network and have they improved? I need to make a decision shortly between this and the N6 and my GS3's radios were terrible compared to my Moto X. I'm hoping Sammy has improved them since but need someone to let me know.

Much appreciated!!

pstellato73

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site

Right on. Thanks anyway. FWIW, Moto Assist (especially for people like me) might have been the best thing ever to happen to cell phones lol. I'll look into car mode but I'm guessing it's the same as it was where it'll read to you whom the call is coming from and whom is sending the text but I bet the voice commands don't exist like on my Moto X.

If I could only get a Note w/ those features, I'd be 100% sold.... losing Touchwiz wouldn't hurt either even though I've heard performance is night and day compared to how it worked on the GS3 if you want to confirm that even though almost all reports I've read have said so lol.

Well, as far as touchwiz goes, I installed Nova prime after a few days. I love Nova but my phone constantly stuttered. I dealt with it for a few weeks. I thought it was my phone. So then I decided to go back to tw and the stuttering stopped. Not sure why or what happened because I used Nova on my gs4 the whole time I had it with no issues but the note didn't seem to like it. I am seeing a slight degradation in my battery life since switching back to tw but not sure if that's the only culprit here. Just my experience with it anyway.

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Really???? Is there a name for this feature or a video that shows it in use??
It is the "ok Google" detection

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1415921477902.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415921477902.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 51

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site

Does anyone at this point remember what the OP was about? lol.

swade8

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

Well, as far as touchwiz goes, I installed Nova prime after a few days. I love Nova but my phone constantly stuttered. I dealt with it for a few weeks. I thought it was my phone. So then I decided to go back to tw and the stuttering stopped. Not sure why or what happened because I used Nova on my gs4 the whole time I had it with no issues but the note didn't seem to like it. I am seeing a slight degradation in my battery life since switching back to tw but not sure if that's the only culprit here. Just my experience with it anyway.

I can attest to this, I too loaded Nova, upon day 4 if owning the note 4, then I noticed bad stuttering, and it was always occurring at the most inopportune times. Then I found out on this forum that others had similar issues. But instead of clearing the dalvik cache, and removing apps, I just reverted back to Touch Wiz as my default launcher, and left nova installed, and now my phone seems like it's back to normal and it talky does run smooth and fast and there's no stuttering, either.

Sent from The One and Only, Amazing---> Note 4<---

swade8

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

Asking to see if Verizon Note 4 owners could have a section of their own. ..Lol

Sent from The One and Only, Amazing---> Note 4<---

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site

Well the Note 2 and 3 were broken down by carrier. Let's see what happens.

Bianca Horkan

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site

Anyone have info on the radios on the Verizon network and have they improved? I need to make a decision shortly between this and the N6 and my GS3's radios were terrible compared to my Moto X. I'm hoping Sammy has improved them since but need someone to let me know.

Much appreciated!!

I did make a call from the middle of my local Kroger store last night with no problem. My Note 3 never let me do that, I always had to go to the front of the store or outside to make/send calls or texts.

My next test will be my local Meijer (that store has ALWAYS been horrible for every phone I've ever had).

Bianca Horkan

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site

Right on. Thanks anyway. FWIW, Moto Assist (especially for people like me) might have been the best thing ever to happen to cell phones lol. I'll look into car mode but I'm guessing it's the same as it was where it'll read to you whom the call is coming from and whom is sending the text but I bet the voice commands don't exist like on my Moto X.

I played with Car Mode a few weeks ago after plugging it into my radio's auxiliary port. Worked like a charm. I composed texts to my sister and send them. When she replied back, it read them. It was pretty cool.

The navigation also worked very well. I set it up to use Google Maps for navigation.

However, I'm not impressed with the music player. There doesn't seem to be an option to choose another app (like Google Play or Spotify) to play music through. If you don't have music, physically, on the phone it won't work.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

I appreciate the info, Bianca. I hate the fact I have such a tough decision lol (but am thankful to have such a "dilemma"). I think I'm going to pretend to be a T-Mobile customer today at lunch and see if they have the Nexus in store (I believe they do) just so I can get a nice side by side of each and mess around w/ them.

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Be careful...there are people on here who will call you a mean Nazi for even suggesting things like remaining on-topic or searching for a thread before starting one ;-)

cbeattie411

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site

I worried about the same thing. With my note 3 I had the worse service ever while everyone with other phones had great service. Since I got the note 4 on release day I have had the same if not better service than most of them. So I would say the reasons are much better. .

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Much appreciated!!

The same between the 1 day of use of the droid turbo and the note 4

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cccc2004

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

You are 100% correct spigen case I bought from Amazon put 4 scratches in each corner. I returned the case and order
a Spec 21 case. Which was more money but was better protection.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

You are 100% correct spigen case I bought from Amazon put 4 scratches in each corner. I returned the case and order
a Spec 21 case. Which was more money but was better protection.
Tech21 ?

lv2bsilly

May 23, 2011
Visit site

It is the "ok Google" detection

I can't get OK Google to work with my phone screen off. It works when the screen is on and locked but not completely off. S Voice works with the phone screen off though... is there a setting I am missing in OK Google that allows it to work when the screen is off? I have my settings set up like you have mentioned.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I can't get OK Google to work with my phone screen off. It works when the screen is on and locked but not completely off. S Voice works with the phone screen off though... is there a setting I am missing in OK Google that allows it to work when the screen is off? I have my settings set up like you have mentioned.
Try to disable s voice always listening.