11-19-2014 01:55 PM
41 12
tools
    In reading all the posts, I feel that Verizon owners of the Note 4, should have a section of their own. .. only because the hardware varies from the other 3 carriers. Just my thoughts.

Sent from The One and Only, Amazing---> Note 4<---
    hdhuntr likes this.
    11-12-2014 04:02 PM
    The hardware varies how exactly? Do you mean just the mic holes at the bottom? What else?
    11-12-2014 04:24 PM
    Yeah the mic placement and Verizon bloatware is all I notice.
    11-12-2014 04:46 PM
    Each carrier has a different country manufacturing their particular N4. Those from Verizon come from China, while ATT makes theirs in Vietnam. I think T mobile makes theirs in Korea. It is possible there are slight differences in their components depending on particular country's part suppliers. I think, for example, there have been more ATT owners complaining of tinny sounding speakers here, than owners of Verizon and T mobile. So there may be a good reason to have separate carrier discussions, when complaints like this are mentioned.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-12-2014 05:01 PM
    Each carrier has a different country manufacturing their particular N4. Those from Verizon come from China, while ATT makes theirs in Vietnam. I think T mobile makes theirs in Korea. It is possible there are slight differences in their components depending on particular country's part suppliers. I think, for example, there have been more ATT owners complaining of tinny sounding speakers here, than owners of Verizon and T mobile. So there may be a good reason to have separate carrier discussions, when complaints like this are mentioned.

Posted via Android Central App
    My at&t Note 4 was made in Korea.

Posted via the Android Central App on my awesome Note 4
    11-12-2014 05:26 PM
    My T-Mobile Note 4 was made in Vietnam. H/W : REV. 1.1, date 10/11/14. I'm guessing that's hardware revision 1.1

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    11-12-2014 06:10 PM
    How do you tell the date?
    11-12-2014 06:16 PM
    For the Samsung galaxy S3 they had a main S3 forum and separate ones for the carries too. One for Verizon, one for AT&T, etc
    11-12-2014 06:23 PM
    WIll get mine in tomorrow! cant wait!

PS. Any recommendations on cases?
    11-12-2014 06:24 PM
    How do you tell the date?
    It's on a label, on the box it came in.

11-12-2014 06:27 PM
    WIll get mine in tomorrow! cant wait!

PS. Any recommendations on cases?
    I started with the Spigen case w/kickstand and mine had slight scratches on the top metal from taking it out of the case a couple times.

So I've been going without a case for 2 weeks now.

I'm really enjoying not having a case (or screen protector). I feel the build quality is too good (premium) to hide.

My previous phones all had cases and I wouldn't dare not have one. But I only dropped those once each from a very low height, no damage.

So I'm very careful with my phones.
    11-12-2014 06:34 PM
    First device I have had where this hasn't already been done. They did it on XDA already...

In reading all the posts, I feel that Verizon owners of the Note 4, should have a section of their own. .. only because the hardware varies from the other 3 carriers. Just my thoughts.

Sent from The One and Only, Amazing---> Note 4<---
    11-13-2014 09:47 AM
    Anyone have info on the radios on the Verizon network and have they improved? I need to make a decision shortly between this and the N6 and my GS3's radios were terrible compared to my Moto X. I'm hoping Sammy has improved them since but need someone to let me know.

Much appreciated!!
    11-13-2014 10:07 AM
    Anyone have info on the radios on the Verizon network and have they improved? I need to make a decision shortly between this and the N6 and my GS3's radios were terrible compared to my Moto X. I'm hoping Sammy has improved them since but need someone to let me know.

Much appreciated!!
    Major improvement over the gs3 and a substantial improvement over the note 3

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    mookiekillsit likes this.
    11-13-2014 10:17 AM
    Major improvement over the gs3 and a substantial improvement over the note 3

Excellent. Thank you for the info. That was my BIGGEST (understatement) gripe w/ the GS3. I love that device but it was so frustrating how often I dropped calls.

I don't know if you saw my other thread (if so, please delete it) but do you know if there's anything to compete w/ Moto Assist?? I commute a lot and absolutely HATE seeing people on their phones while driving. Moto Assist completely relieves me of even having to think about touching my phone while driving. So yeah, after my question and description, let's get back to the original question: is there anything out there to compete w/ Moto Assist or any apps to help?? I've looked but haven't found much of anything.

Thanks for the response.
    11-13-2014 10:59 AM
    I am not sure of the answer to moto assist. The Note 4 has a car mode but I haven't used it

11-13-2014 11:09 AM
    It's on a label, on the box it came in.

There is no date on the box.
    11-13-2014 11:16 AM
    I am not sure of the answer to moto assist. The Note 4 has a car mode but I haven't used it

Right on. Thanks anyway. FWIW, Moto Assist (especially for people like me) might have been the best thing ever to happen to cell phones lol. I'll look into car mode but I'm guessing it's the same as it was where it'll read to you whom the call is coming from and whom is sending the text but I bet the voice commands don't exist like on my Moto X.

If I could only get a Note w/ those features, I'd be 100% sold.... losing Touchwiz wouldn't hurt either even though I've heard performance is night and day compared to how it worked on the GS3 if you want to confirm that even though almost all reports I've read have said so lol.
    11-13-2014 11:36 AM
    I started with the Spigen case w/kickstand and mine had slight scratches on the top metal from taking it out of the case a couple times.

So I've been going without a case for 2 weeks now.

I'm really enjoying not having a case (or screen protector). I feel the build quality is too good (premium) to hide.

My previous phones all had cases and I wouldn't dare not have one. But I only dropped those once each from a very low height, no damage.

So I'm very careful with my phones.
    Yeah through my brief research ive heard 2 things about spigen cases. 1. they scratch your phone when removing (which i will plan to do for when im at the gym and not) and the mic gets covered up with certain cases. So far im still leaning towards the samsung flip cases as ive had them on my past samsung phones. Thinking about getting a cheap one on Amazon to use while at the gym even though i heard it doesnt have the sleep/awake feature but hey, theyre under $5.00 so you get what you pay for.
    11-13-2014 01:55 PM
    Right on. Thanks anyway. FWIW, Moto Assist (especially for people like me) might have been the best thing ever to happen to cell phones lol. I'll look into car mode but I'm guessing it's the same as it was where it'll read to you whom the call is coming from and whom is sending the text but I bet the voice commands don't exist like on my Moto X.

If I could only get a Note w/ those features, I'd be 100% sold.... losing Touchwiz wouldn't hurt either even though I've heard performance is night and day compared to how it worked on the GS3 if you want to confirm that even though almost all reports I've read have said so lol.
    I have never used a Moto X, so can't compare, but you can use Google now commands on the note 4, even with the screen off.

11-13-2014 02:05 PM
    I have never used a Moto X, so can't compare, but you can use Google now commands on the note 4, even with the screen off.

Really???? Is there a name for this feature or a video that shows it in use??
    11-13-2014 03:19 PM
    I can't give you exact details but I can say that I have had 4 smart phones one Motorola and 3 Sammies and the note 4 is the first one that I can actually get data inside my house, and 4G data at that. To me that is a huge improvement, before the Note 4 I had a Note 2 and it was the best I had for signal inside the house until the Note 4 and there is a noticeable improvement.

When I look at the numbers in status I don't see a lot of difference between the 2 and 4 but in actual practice I do, I can get phone signal and data in a power outage and that makes me a happy camper.

Much appreciated!!
    11-13-2014 04:38 PM

Well, as far as touchwiz goes, I installed Nova prime after a few days. I love Nova but my phone constantly stuttered. I dealt with it for a few weeks. I thought it was my phone. So then I decided to go back to tw and the stuttering stopped. Not sure why or what happened because I used Nova on my gs4 the whole time I had it with no issues but the note didn't seem to like it. I am seeing a slight degradation in my battery life since switching back to tw but not sure if that's the only culprit here. Just my experience with it anyway.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-13-2014 05:22 PM
    Really???? Is there a name for this feature or a video that shows it in use??
    It is the "ok Google" detection

Attached Thumbnails Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Verizon owners - I would like a specific section-uploadfromtaptalk1415921477902.jpg  
    11-13-2014 06:32 PM
    Does anyone at this point remember what the OP was about? lol.
    hdhuntr and swade8 like this.
    11-13-2014 06:48 PM
41 12