Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Google Messenger...Is anyone using it??

Damien J

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I just DL'ed Google's latest messenger app, so far Im loving the clean look. The biggest benefit I love is...you can attach multiple pics whereas Hangouts wouldnt allow it. Has anyone else tried it?

rob6070

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: Google Messenger...Is anyone using it??

Using chomp now. Is Google better?

Posted via the Android Central App on my Note 4

Damien J

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site

Never used Chomp. I was using Hangouts for SMS/MMS/chats however I could only sent out 1 pic at a time. It got real frustrating, lol

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Not a Note 4, but I DLed the Messenger app this morning and uninstalled within a half hour. I was already using an SMS app with Material Design, and it has more customization options and a better text input box in the conversation threads.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

I DL'd it earlier, I like it so far. Gives it the same feel as inbox.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

I was actually using hangouts with my note 4 on t-mobile but on Verizon I like their app since I can also use it on my iPad. Downloaded this and I like it so far. Google got me to use their Gmail app now and messenger :)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I downloaded it earlier today too. Like the look a little better than AOSP version.

TaterMay

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

I just DL'ed Google's latest messenger app, so far Im loving the clean look. The biggest benefit I love is...you can attach multiple pics whereas Hangouts wouldnt allow it. Has anyone else tried it?

Brand new to Samsung, Android, and about to try Messenger for the first time. I gave several different sms/mms apps a shot recently, but reverted back to Messages because all of them had at least one deal breaker. I have faith in Google though.

Posted via the Android Central App

ajneuman

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site

I tried it but, I went back to Hello. Much better than the stock messaging app though.

Posted via Android Central App

Marley

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site

Does anybody know if it will archive your messages into GMail?

I used to love Google Voice when I was on Sprint, because it would automatically save all my text messages (mobile, not Google Voice number) in my GMail. I would be interested in using it, if it does this.

Posted via the Android Central App

Smply_Rcklss

May 21, 2014
Visit site

I just tried it, its nice but Ion know something about it threw me off. Feel like it is in beta still.

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕🐸

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

I'm going to say it... for me at least, I can not stand hangouts, for SMS in particular. I like the new messaging app, looks nice, seems to function well, but I haven't had the opportunity to try out the primary thing I hate about touchwiz messenger... when you get a message, you cannot stop the reminder beeping until you actually load up messenger. Textra allows you to mark a message read by clearing the notification. Its much less intrusive.

I'll be watching today to see if google messenger does it or not.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

i just switched from Hangouts to Messenger. if Google believes in Messenger enough to make it the default text app on the Nexus 6 i will give it a shot.

Chuondroid

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

Excuse my off topic question but I just don't want to start a new thread about this:

Is there a superior phone dialer app that you can recommend over the stock samsung TW phone dialer? I hate it! Thanks

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site

Loving it so far. I found Hangouts lagged a bit on my note 4, so far I have zero issues. It also looks cool with the new material update to the Google Keyboard. Very nice!

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

one thing that is missing on Messenger vs. Hangouts is the quick "send my current location via Google Maps" button. not that i used it much anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC