02-25-2016 08:35 PM
84 123 ...
tools
    I just DL'ed Google's latest messenger app, so far Im loving the clean look. The biggest benefit I love is...you can attach multiple pics whereas Hangouts wouldnt allow it. Has anyone else tried it?
    11-12-2014 08:16 PM
    no. Hangouts for SMS/MMS/Texts has grown on me.
    11-12-2014 08:20 PM
    Using chomp now. Is Google better?

Posted via the Android Central App on my Note 4
    11-12-2014 08:21 PM
    Never used Chomp. I was using Hangouts for SMS/MMS/chats however I could only sent out 1 pic at a time. It got real frustrating, lol
    11-12-2014 08:33 PM
    Not a Note 4, but I DLed the Messenger app this morning and uninstalled within a half hour. I was already using an SMS app with Material Design, and it has more customization options and a better text input box in the conversation threads.
    11-12-2014 08:35 PM
    I DL'd it earlier, I like it so far. Gives it the same feel as inbox.
    11-12-2014 08:42 PM
    I was actually using hangouts with my note 4 on t-mobile but on Verizon I like their app since I can also use it on my iPad. Downloaded this and I like it so far. Google got me to use their Gmail app now and messenger

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    11-12-2014 08:45 PM
    I downloaded it earlier today too. Like the look a little better than AOSP version.
    11-12-2014 08:49 PM
    As my 1st Android device, Im really liking the clean look & color scheme.
    11-12-2014 08:53 PM
    I just DL'ed Google's latest messenger app, so far Im loving the clean look. The biggest benefit I love is...you can attach multiple pics whereas Hangouts wouldnt allow it. Has anyone else tried it?
    Brand new to Samsung, Android, and about to try Messenger for the first time. I gave several different sms/mms apps a shot recently, but reverted back to Messages because all of them had at least one deal breaker. I have faith in Google though.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-12-2014 10:27 PM
    I've been using Textra, but I'm going to try this out for a bit.
    11-12-2014 11:53 PM
    I tried it but, I went back to Hello. Much better than the stock messaging app though.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-13-2014 12:03 AM
    Does anybody know if it will archive your messages into GMail?

I used to love Google Voice when I was on Sprint, because it would automatically save all my text messages (mobile, not Google Voice number) in my GMail. I would be interested in using it, if it does this.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-13-2014 12:03 AM
    I just tried it, its nice but Ion know something about it threw me off. Feel like it is in beta still.

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕🐸
    11-13-2014 01:29 AM
    I'm going to say it... for me at least, I can not stand hangouts, for SMS in particular. I like the new messaging app, looks nice, seems to function well, but I haven't had the opportunity to try out the primary thing I hate about touchwiz messenger... when you get a message, you cannot stop the reminder beeping until you actually load up messenger. Textra allows you to mark a message read by clearing the notification. Its much less intrusive.

I'll be watching today to see if google messenger does it or not.
    11-13-2014 06:30 AM
    i just switched from Hangouts to Messenger. if Google believes in Messenger enough to make it the default text app on the Nexus 6 i will give it a shot.
    11-13-2014 07:01 AM
    Excuse my off topic question but I just don't want to start a new thread about this:

Is there a superior phone dialer app that you can recommend over the stock samsung TW phone dialer? I hate it! Thanks
    11-13-2014 08:32 AM
    ChompSMS for me.. Always .
    huntnyc likes this.
    11-13-2014 08:35 AM
    Loving it so far. I found Hangouts lagged a bit on my note 4, so far I have zero issues. It also looks cool with the new material update to the Google Keyboard. Very nice!
    11-13-2014 08:59 AM
    one thing that is missing on Messenger vs. Hangouts is the quick "send my current location via Google Maps" button. not that i used it much anyway.
    11-13-2014 09:06 AM
    yeah I've never really used that either tbh. I like the random colouring it gives to my sms threads, would be cool to change these though
    11-13-2014 09:12 AM
    yeah I've never really used that either tbh. I like the random colouring it gives to my sms threads, would be cool to change these though
    yes it seems to match Gmail. not sure it's random though. i think color coincides with first letter of contact's first name?
    11-13-2014 09:15 AM
    The one thing that I have found so far that I don't like is that it ignores the custom ringtone information you may have set up in the Contacts app. I have several groups set up that I have given customized notifications to, so I can tell what the message is about while I am out and about and decide how to handle (work messages don't get answered after hours, messages from my wife get priority in most circumstances, etc).

The old stock app looked at the contacts definitions before falling back to default notifications. Messenger, at least right now, does not do that.

Hopefully this is something that gets more integrated when this is rolled out with the full version of Lollipop, because I really like the format of it compared to the old messages app.

I'd like to see more tweaking allowed as well.
    Oscar Maradiaga likes this.
    11-13-2014 09:19 AM
    yes it seems to match Gmail. not sure it's random though. i think color coincides with first letter of contact's first name?
    Haha I just went though and looked to see if it was random or not, not sure about the colour coinciding with the contacts first letter. For example "Mom" is orange lol. "Wife" is also orange and my mate "David" is blue
    11-13-2014 09:23 AM
    The one thing that I have found so far that I don't like is that it ignores the custom ringtone information you may have set up in the Contacts app. I have several groups set up that I have given customized notifications to, so I can tell what the message is about while I am out and about and decide how to handle (work messages don't get answered after hours, messages from my wife get priority in most circumstances, etc).

The old stock app looked at the contacts definitions before falling back to default notifications. Messenger, at least right now, does not do that.

Hopefully this is something that gets more integrated when this is rolled out with the full version of Lollipop, because I really like the format of it compared to the old messages app.

I'd like to see more tweaking allowed as well.
    Yup. That's Samsung App talking to Samsung App.
    11-13-2014 09:24 AM
84 123 ...