Stock email: how can we make received and sent emails happen simultaneously with Yahoo, Gmail, and O

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
There seems to be a 5-7 minutes delay; doesn't synch right away with the other email apps. Here are pics of my email setting. I noticed the shortest time frame is 5 minutes, that's just too long of a wait. Thanks!

Attachments

• 1415853365429.jpg
    1415853365429.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 154
  • 1415853378680.jpg
    1415853378680.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 153

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Gmail and Exchange have push email but you cannot push Yahoo mail in the default email app. You can install the Yahoo email app if it's important to you.

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Gmail and Exchange have push email but you cannot push Yahoo mail in the default email app. You can install the Yahoo email app if it's important to you.
Is there an option to activate Gmail push in the stock email app?

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Is there an option to activate Gmail push in the stock email app?

I can only answer for the Note 3 right now, but I can in the stock email app. I have a gmail account added there with push sync set.

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I miss the push send/rec. of the Gmail app but the combined inbox of the stock app is worth the sacrifice for me. I have 6 email accts.

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
8de4c6a487553a260912f294c93145b1.jpg

Good call. It's there. I wasn't scrolling up enough. Now I'm a happy camper!!! Thanks

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Good call. It's there. I wasn't scrolling up enough. Now I'm a happy camper!!! Thanks

Ok, good. I thought that was really weird for them to remove. If the gmail app had the combined inbox and the choice to get rid of conversation view, I would use it but I hate those two things. I do use it for just my phone-only account that doesn't get any real email but for my actual gmail account, I use the stock app.

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Ok, good. I thought that was really weird for them to remove. If the gmail app had the combined inbox and the choice to get rid of conversation view, I would use it but I hate those two things. I do use it for just my phone-only account that doesn't get any real email but for my actual gmail account, I use the stock app.
I'm with ya. I've always used the Gmail app and decided to test drive the stock app this round and I'm glad I did. The combined inbox and no conversation view are invaluable! It's always drove me nuts, just wish I would have gotten away from it sooner. BTW just got my 1:00 am email update right at 1:00 am. Thanks again.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for helping both of you. Before I tinker with it, is it possible that I forward or add my 6 Yahoo email accounts to my Gmail app, but then add those same 6 accounts to the stock email app so they all be "pushed"? Basically, I would like to have all my Yahoo emails reveived, sent, deleted, etc live or simultaneously. The Yahoo email app, which I have been using does that, but because I just bought the Gear S, I can't reply or compose emails from the Gear S, just read them. As of now unfortunately, Samsung's stock email app can do all those things.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for helping both of you. Before I tinker with it, is it possible that I forward or add my 6 Yahoo email accounts to my Gmail app, but then add those same 6 accounts to the stock email app so they all be "pushed"? Basically, I would like to have all my Yahoo emails reveived, sent, deleted, etc live or simultaneously. The Yahoo email app, which I have been using does that, but because I just bought the Gear S, I can't reply or compose emails from the Gear S, just read them. As of now unfortunately, Samsung's stock email app can do all those things.

That's not going to help you. You're still only going to have the 5 minute or greater sync option for yahoo in Gmail or stock, not push.

Have you tried either forwarding or importing your yahoo to your Gmail account? I haven't looked at what time-frame that happens so not sure if that is a solution.

Edit: I see you asked about forwarding too- I originally just saw your question about adding. Adding will not work. About forwarding, like I said, I don't personally know if that is done instantly or not. Try it with one account and see.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
So, I was curious and tested this for you. I've only sent two test emails so don't take this as a guarantee it will work as you want, but it looks good so far.

First, do not use the import function in gmail - that seems to poll at intervals and did not deliver mail immediately in my test.

Second, set up forwarding in your yahoo account to go to a gmail account.

Third, add that gmail account to the stock email app and set sync to push.

Like I said I only sent two emails (from two different accounts) to test this, but both emails I got notifications in the stock gmail account within 1 second of them appearing within my yahoo account.

So you can test further for yourself to see if it always works or not, but that was my preliminary test for you.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
So, I was curious and tested this for you. I've only sent two test emails so don't take this as a guarantee it will work as you want, but it looks good so far.

First, do not use the import function in gmail - that seems to poll at intervals and did not deliver mail immediately in my test.

Second, set up forwarding in your yahoo account to go to a gmail account.

Third, add that gmail account to the stock email app and set sync to push.

Like I said I only sent two emails (from two different accounts) to test this, but both emails I got notifications in the stock gmail account within 1 second of them appearing within my yahoo account.

So you can test further for yourself to see if it always works or not, but that was my preliminary test for you.
I must be in the wrong screen on my laptop computer trying to figure out how to forward my Yahoo email account to Gmail. Attached is a pic of Setting in one of my Yahoo email accounts. As you can see, there is no Forward option.

Attachments

• 1415936985517.jpg
    1415936985517.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 17

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks again, jpr! I spent an hour forwarding and testing my Yahoo emails to my one Gmail account, then to stock email...inconsistent results, so I have to revert what I had. Thanks for trying though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt