Who Else Keeps Power Save Mode On At All Times?

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I leave my Power Save Mode on at all times, and I have not noticed any downfall.

Does anyone else does this?

Is there a downside to this?

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm gonna test it today. I turned the phone on at 7:00am. I am sitting at work. I will see where I am when I get home.

I will repeat tomorrow without this setting on, and I will see how much it differs.

o0Grinder0o

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Unplug Note 4 from charger around 430 AM when I go to the gym. Do not plug back in until I go to bed at night around 830 PM (not ashamed :) ). When I plug in for the night still have at least ~70% lift left. Battery has been a nice feature of this powerhouse.

yeatzee

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed a definite slow down of the phone when in power saving mode, and I only use it when I'm around 20% and need it to last, which has been only a couple times thus far.

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed a definite slow down of the phone when in power saving mode, and I only use it when I'm around 20% and need it to last, which has been only a couple times thus far.

Hmm, I've used it 24/7 since I got the phone. What all slows down, if you don't mind me asking? Maybe I should try not using it and see how it does.

honey_bee_33

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed a small change. Without PSM I would get at least 6 hours of heavy use...I'm talking facebook, instagram, texting, playing bejeweled, playing cubis, playing word search, using s note for class lectures...using Google now to find health conscious restaurant. .... But with PSM on I would get a good 7 maybe 71/2 hours with the same usage as mentioned above. So yeah I think it's worth using.

Also I dug deep into my data setting and I came across the settings that would allow you to disable background data for certain app. I haven't played with those setting yet but I will soon to see if it helps with battery life. I normally wouldn't mess around with those sitting on any of my phones. But this time I'll get it a go...

girls love tech too

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Unplug Note 4 from charger around 430 AM when I go to the gym. Do not plug back in until I go to bed at night around 830 PM (not ashamed :) ). When I plug in for the night still have at least ~70% lift left. Battery has been a nice feature of this powerhouse.

That is amazing, what are the settings that you have checked on the Power saving mode?

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
i notice no difference with power saving mode than regular mode. honestly, i drop the same percentages while using it, and the same while idling. does nothing for me.

i actually only use it bc i set it to lower brightness and turn the capacative buttons off...so when i first wake up, i immediately turn on power saving mode and drop the brightness to 0 when it's dark in my room lol

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
more lag, stutters when scrolling through stuff. Things like that . . .

I played around with it last night and I definitely noticed more smoothness, but I also noticed my battery percentage ticking away. I guess it all depends on which is more important to the individual.

AKFL3TCH3R

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I only needed to use it at the end of the second day on one charge to promise me power until bed time. Haha.

Posted via the Android Central App

ishore99

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Why use the Power Save Mode, if you carry the charger that came with the N4, it has the new fast charger. I have gotten a full charge in less than 45 minutes.

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I just got the Note 4 after being on the Nexus 5. Going from ~3.5h SOT to 7h SOT means I don't really need any extra power saving features.