Hey y'all! All the phones i ever had i always got a spare knockoff battery and the cheesy charger that came with. THEN, on my Note 3, i accidently put the Samsung Battery in the charger (which was about 300 more mAh, and poof! Started smoking and burned the contacts right off my battery!

I'm like, never buying those again! And luckily with such battery life improvement & most flagships lasting AT LEAST a full day, i been "wingin' it"...

.But i had that $50.00 gift card from Best Buy burning a hole in my pocket from the AT&T Pre-Ordered Note that i didn't get (Got T-Mobile's instead & running it on MetroPCS : ) so where i normally would NEVER drop 50 bucks on an OEM charger i did this ONCE.

Dang thing is so great, made a vid about it!

<font color="#0000ff"><em>

TWO videos actually... lol

<span style="color:#0000ff;"><em>

i know you gotta be a little nuts to get so excited over a spare charger & battery (guilty!) but i think a lot of ppl just DISMISS this totally useful extension to your device. I know 90 minutes isn't a long time to have to have your phone be hooked up, but for me, it seemed like every single time i would connect it,THAT'S when it seems i start needing to do so many things with it, so i'd unplug, replug etc Annnoying (i know First world problems etc but really, a great thing to have. Not JUST for LOW POWER emergency (which you'll prolly never have : ) but for everyday use! And its so nice how easily the cover snaps on & off, another added bonus!

i haven't plugged in my Note 4 in over a week!

BTC
    11-13-2014 06:02 PM
    I also got that one and do like it a lot, even though the Note has been getting me through a day without issues it'll certainly come in handy for trips. I only hope it actually had a charger included haha But I guess the one in the phone charges so fast you don't really need the spare charger.

HOWEVER, I'd have saved those 50 bucks at BestBuy for something else. With the Note 4, upon registration, you get a 50% discount coupon for the Samsung online store. I got the spare battery and charger, an official case, an OTG cable, and a car cradle for 75 bucks total. Free shipping.
    11-13-2014 06:35 PM
    I also got that one and do like it a lot, even though the Note has been getting me through a day without issues it'll certainly come in handy for trips. I only hope it actually had a charger included haha But I guess the one in the phone charges so fast you don't really need the spare charger.

HOWEVER, I'd have saved those 50 bucks at BestBuy for something else. With the Note 4, upon registration, you get a 50% discount coupon for the Samsung online store. I got the spare battery and charger, an official case, an OTG cable, and a car cradle for 75 bucks total. Free shipping.

Hi Spook! i didn't mind dropping the gift card for the entire 50 bucks cuz i NEVER see ANYTHING in Best Buy i would actually buy! They are wayyyy overpriced, so in this case i was happy to give them the gift card and get this!

My point to having this charger is that UNTIL u enjoy the benefit of "never plugging in your phone again", its not something you'd view as a hassle UNTIL you use this and realize you never have to AGAIN! It offers wayyyy more than the "emergency battery" function : )
    11-13-2014 06:51 PM
    I did find one flaw with this 'never charging your phone' thing. If you have a case, which is my case, you can certainly tell the edges stress out every time you take it out and pop the phone back in. I'm worried that the fit will start to not be so tight after a while. Others have reported scratches from taking the phone on and off the case around the metal frame.
    Katrina White1 likes this.
    11-13-2014 06:59 PM
    I did find one flaw with this 'never charging your phone' thing. If you have a case, which is my case, you can certainly tell the edges stress out every time you take it out and pop the phone back in. I'm worried that the fit will start to not be so tight after a while. Others have reported scratches from taking the phone on and off the case around the metal frame.
    I wondered about that. I'm waiting for them to come back in stock at Samsung, but reconsidered for this reason.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-13-2014 07:09 PM
    I'm thinking of getting one too but I have a external battery pack already and taking off the back cover so many times erks me and seems like it's trouble wait to happen? Ie breaking the contacts on the back cover

11-13-2014 07:17 PM
    I wondered about that. I'm waiting for them to come back in stock at Samsung, but reconsidered for this reason.

Hi Katrina!
    good point, hadn't thought about ppl who use a case...(Prolly 95% of Note users aren't "daredevils like me who will be crying like a baby if i ever drop it" lol) Yeah, might be more of an inconvenience for sure if you use a case... UNLESS its this clear one i sometimes use if i'm not able to "baby my phone"...... Soft squishy "crystal clear rubber" comes off & goes back on in a snap and offers a lot of protection at same time...

I'm thinking of getting one too but I have a external battery pack already and taking off the back cover so many times erks me and seems like it's trouble wait to happen? Ie breaking the contacts on the back cover

Hi Shawn!
    Not sure if you mean the battery contacts or the cover's contacts but even tho I am extremely careful to always lift out battery from bottom , but you make a good point, i suppose it can be somewhat stressful altho it feels like similar notches to my Samsung Infuse, and i have taken off/replaced that cover no less than one million times, 4 years+ old & totally in tact! Plus it saves the charging port from daily use, so i guess it comes down to which part of the phone you care more to "preserve".

BTC
    Katrina White1 likes this.
    11-13-2014 08:08 PM