Note 4 auto restarts

kaienish

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Just got my phone about 1week + ago, notice phone auto restart quite often. Anyone facing such issues?

I didn't side load any apps, all are from the playstore. Using stock touch wiz, didn't root or anything. And didn't have much apps running in the background too, to cause it to be lack of ram that it had to restart.

Gonna factory reset it later, hopefully it helps. Really hate to bring it down to the service centre, it'll take 3-4 days... Before you get the phone back.

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I'd be more suspect of hardware...like battery not making good contact. Maybe try and clean the battery and phone contacts with alcohol...

kaienish

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I'd be more suspect of hardware...like battery not making good contact. Maybe try and clean the battery and phone contacts with alcohol...
U think so? Thanks will try that. Will update if it improves.

Hopefully it's nothing more than that... Can't seem to find anyone else on the Web facing same issue. I could be just the unlucky one..

ronb

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
When I have had auto restarts they fall into 2 general categories. Software and you are going to address that.
Don't load all of your programs at once. Load a few a day and see if it returns.
The other is a malfunctioning SD card. If you have an SD installed, remove it and see if the rebooting goes away. If so, copy all the data off of the card to a computer and format the card in the phone. Replace all data and hopefully that may fix it.
Good Luck!
Ron

Xebec01

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I had auto restarts, especially when charging the phone. I also had shut-downs where the phone would not restart without a battery pull. I returned the unit for a new one and I've had no issues since.

- X

kaienish

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Tried the removing of battery, and cleaning the connectors. Doesn't work... It's still restarting on idle. Did the sd card removal too

Have to do a factory reset I guess, really don't want to bring to the service centre.

kaienish

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Sent my phone to Samsung earlier, got an update from them that they upgraded software and now its stable. Hmmm..
I really feel its a hardware issue, how could it be software. I mean, its a relatively new phone...and considering Samsung rate of updates I don't think they have any new firmware build in the pipeline that could fix this.

Anyways, will be collecting the phone tomorrow. Hope it works.

larry0071

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I returned my first one because of that issue, random restarts. This one, my second, is doing it as well, but not near as often. But this one is getting returned Thursday because it is very difficult to get the pulse reader to read. The first one worked very good and read pulse, stress or oxygen levels very easily and every time. This one is a battle to get to read.

I'm told by the local Verizon store that on December 1st there is a software update coming to address some issues with the Note 4 stability, but I'm not waiting to see if this fixes my issues. I paid full retail for my Note 4, I expect it to function. I'll be swapping to number 3 Thursday.

kaienish

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I returned my first one because of that issue, random restarts. This one, my second, is doing it as well, but not near as often. But this one is getting returned Thursday because it is very difficult to get the pulse reader to read. The first one worked very good and read pulse, stress or oxygen levels very easily and every time. This one is a battle to get to read.

I'm told by the local Verizon store that on December 1st there is a software update coming to address some issues with the Note 4 stability, but I'm not waiting to see if this fixes my issues. I paid full retail for my Note 4, I expect it to function. I'll be swapping to number 3 Thursday.
Wow, 3rd time. I guess this is the risk of getting the first batch of any new thing that comes out....I definitely learnt my lesson now, have always been the first to get them from the iphone 5, 5s, note 2....note 4... Come to think of it, all those phone I got from the first batch had issues with them and I had to change em during the course of a month or so..

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Wow, 3rd time. I guess this is the risk of getting the first batch of any new thing that comes out....I definitely learnt my lesson now, have always been the first to get them from the iphone 5, 5s, note 2....note 4... Come to think of it, all those phone I got from the first batch had issues with them and I had to change em during the course of a month or so..

Some people get unlucky.

Scribbled from the mighty pen of my Galaxy Note 4!

kaienish

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Got my phone back the other time, after the "software update" by Samsung.... Guest what, the morning after the phone acted up again. Darn!

Brought it back made a big deal at the desk, told them is either they give me a new set within the hour or fix the thing and get me a working phone by end of the day...

So they apparently they said they will fix it, and return it by end of day. Collected it, they told me the changes the pc board, screen connector thingy... And another part which I couldn't quite hear from the staff, I suppose was apprehensive considering my rage earlier.

Gonna monitor the phone, so far no rebooting. But one more thing I noticed after I collected the phone, the back capacitive key now seems to be less sensitive. Getting really annoying though... Don't want to go down again, for the 3rd time...

Any way I could do a self test of the sensitivity of the capacitive buttons... I know there is a way you can key in to the keypad where it'll bring you to a test screen or something and you'll be able to test...

kaienish

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Snapdragon
Not sure where you going, about snapdragon or exynos... Is it it's more prone to issues or something?

Anyways just to update, they gonna change the phone 1-on-1 for me but apparently they need 2-3 weeks for approval. Crazy waiting time, it's as if they need to buy a plane ticket to Korea get approval and back to inform the Customer if it's gonna happen or not.

Really exasperating, worst now realise the home button feels loose abit. I think I saw a thread about this, quite common I guess. But i know when I had the phone the first time it wasn't this loose. Seems like bringing the phone down to the service centre caused more problems.

kaienish

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Finally got it replaced with the new set... So far everything is going well. In fact seems like the phone is even more snappy... :)

damanthind

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
i am also facing the same issue of random rebooting... did a factory reset and updated to the OTA stability update released a few days ago but no improvements... going to visit the service center soon..

sly11

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Bought mine 7 days ago 3 reboots and gps droping at least 10 times a day. This is my first android phone not liking the start lol will go in tomorrow and see if i can get a new one!! Little sad

Posted via the Android Central App

Abdul Rehman21

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: samsung Note 4 edge auto restarts

My Samsung note edge 4 is restarting in 2 or 3 mints what I do now it's a new set I purchased few days ago from Saudi Arab now I am in Pakistan what's I do any help plzz

Last edited: