11-14-2014 01:06 PM
    Is it limited to using it on Friday or Saturday, or you must simply DOWNLOAD the program on one of those two days?
    11-14-2014 05:33 PM
    Downloading. Once you get it, you own it forever, even if you switch phones. At least, that how all the other Android apps work...
    11-14-2014 06:48 PM
    Is it limited to using it on Friday or Saturday, or you must simply DOWNLOAD the program on one of those two days?
    Yeah, it's like the App of the Day. Every day, Amazon has an app for free. You just need to load the Amazon App store onto your device. A lot of them are really meh apps. But, I've gotten some really great apps for free. Sometimes the deals are just crazy. One of the Apps I picked up free was OfficeSuite Professional (a 15 dollar value). It's worth checking, because you never know what gems you can find.
    11-14-2014 07:24 PM
    My guess is it has the same carrier restrictions for wifi tethering pda.net does.

Anybody that downloads it please post your results and which carrier you use. If it works on AT&T for wifi tethering I don't mind paying for it.

Just read the Amazon webpage and apparently the only way this app tethers is a USB hardwired connection and the problem with that is because my computer is constantly charging the phone I get severely limited computer battery life, only a little under 3 hours instead of 6+. I'm going to wait for Lollipop but I think I'm going to end up having to pay AT&T another $20/mo to get their wifi tethering on my unlimited data plan.
    11-14-2014 07:27 PM
    Thanks. I checked it out and it appears to be an outdated version of the app and there are some less-than-stellar reviews. I've found that a lot of the apps on Amazon are old versions in comparison to the same apps on the Play Store.
    11-14-2014 07:28 PM
    Thanks. I checked it out and it appears to be an outdated version of the app and there are some less-than-stellar reviews. I've found that a lot of the apps on Amazon are old versions in comparison to the same apps on the Play Store.
    Developers have to submit apps separately to Amazon, IIRC. I've noticed that the Amazon versions usually do lag behind the App store, but some companies (like the aforementioned OfficeSuite Professional), submit updates pretty regularly. So, for free, I'm not going to complain all too much.
    11-14-2014 07:31 PM
    I checked it out and it appears to be an outdated version of the app
    Wrong.
    The version of EasyTether in Amazon store is 1.1.12
    The version of EasyTether in Google Play Store is 1.1.11

Amazon version is the latest, the higher version number refers to Amazon-store-specific update.
    11-16-2014 04:05 AM
    haha.. damn.. us ATT people will never get a wifi tether =-/... hell I'm going to try to find this.. even if I have to use USB I need it at times
    11-16-2014 12:58 PM