11-19-2014 12:30 AM
35 12
tools
    Thanks all for your input. I went to a couple of stores and tested out 6 different phones with 4k screens and all phones had the minimal skipping I am experienceing. I tried the note 4, droid turbo, new Sony phone. I didn't try the flex though because the stores don't even have it on display anymore. I have yet to try the chrome desktop method though but will get to it tonight.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    11-17-2014 07:17 PM
    So I just tried the desktop sight. At first the video played a tad bit smoother....but after testing out several different videos everything started to get worse and play even more sluggish and the stutter was ridiculous. I even force closed everything and reattempted but same issue. The quality was near the same as the you tube application also. I think I may have overloaded my phone or something. Gonna try restarting my phone after dinner and give it another shot.

11-17-2014 08:54 PM
    So I just tried the desktop sight. At first the video played a tad bit smoother....but after testing out several different videos everything started to get worse and play even more sluggish and the stutter was ridiculous. I even force closed everything and reattempted but same issue. The quality was near the same as the you tube application also. I think I may have overloaded my phone or something. Gonna try restarting my phone after dinner and give it another shot.

Yea, hence why they don't offer 1440 in the actual app. I've gotten some videos to play much better though. Check out some others. Also, don't select 4K. You will only slow down your buffering speed. The Note 4 only supports QHD(1440p).

Posted via the Android Central App
    JRLasVegas likes this.
    11-18-2014 07:02 PM
    Trying it out again when I get a chance. Thanks man

11-18-2014 08:09 PM
    Trying it out again when I get a chance. Thanks man

Yep. I'm going to try your original video with all other apps closed. If it still skips, I'm going to redownload DU Speed Booster, and see if using its boost feature will help. Will let you know.

11-18-2014 08:22 PM
    So with a 118 mbps download speed with selecting 1440, I still get a lot of stutter and lag. But my phone is capable of 165 mbps, however my wife is streaming hi Def vudu movies right now so I need to wait yet again. But I do see now that the option should be 1440p instead of 2560p since 2560p is higher than 4k resolution.

11-18-2014 10:36 PM
    So with a 118 mbps download speed with selecting 1440, I still get a lot of stutter and lag. But my phone is capable of 165 mbps, however my wife is streaming hi Def vudu movies right now so I need to wait yet again. But I do see now that the option should be 1440p instead of 2560p since 2560p is higher than 4k resolution.

No, 2560p IS 4K. The Note 4 does NOT support 4K. It supports QHD, which is the 1440p. And yes, most people are getting skipping. It's not your connection. It's a fairly new resolution, so they've obviously got some bugs to work out. Again, this is most likely the reason the YouTube app will not allow you to select anything over 720 or 1080.

11-18-2014 11:05 PM
    No, 2560p IS 4K. The Note 4 does NOT support 4K. It supports QHD, which is the 1440p. And yes, most people are getting skipping. It's not your connection. It's a fairly new resolution, so they've obviously got some bugs to work out. Again, this is most likely the reason the YouTube app will not allow you to select anything over 720 or 1080.

So as corporations and their crafty advertising go... the result is you can RECORD in 4k and view your recordings in 4k but that's it. No 4k on streaming or anything else for now. Does that sound right?

11-18-2014 11:51 PM
    So I have about 45 seconds of video I shot earlier today at 4K on my Note 4. Should be available in HD soon, But it wont shows up at 4K(darn it).

Data rate of the video according to Quick Time is 48.13 megabits per second. That number does not include overhead through the internet. If you expect to play it back your download speed will have to be right at 350 megabytes per minute plus overhead. Considering my Sony CineAlta SDI inputs uncompressed video into my computer is about 13 gigabytes per minute. Pretty amazing how good the video is with that much compression.
    11-19-2014 12:01 AM
    So I have about 45 seconds of video I shot earlier today at 4K on my Note 4. Should be available in HD soon, But it wont shows up at 4K(darn it).

Data rate of the video according to Quick Time is 48.13 megabits per second. That number does not include overhead through the internet. If you expect to play it back your download speed will have to be right at 350 megabytes per minute plus overhead. Considering my Sony CineAlta SDI inputs uncompressed video into my computer is about 13 gigabytes per minute. Pretty amazing how good the video is with that much compression.
    Yeah only looks like regular video right now. When will it be available in hd?

11-19-2014 12:30 AM
35 12