Samsung Galaxy Note 4 4k video skipping

JRLasVegas

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I just got my note 4 and have been trying to watch 4k videos and I am getting some frame rate skipping issues. I was watching a video of horses running across a field in 4k. Take a look below at about 35 seconds. Anyone else experience the same issue?

GoPro: Wild Mustangs - A Legacy in 4K: GoPro: Wild Mustangs - A Legacy in 4K - YouTube

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Grovzy1080

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: 4k video skipping

I just downloaded some samples to my phone. Every 4K video I've tried to stream skipped like you described. The Costa Rica video is amazing.

Posted via my Sprint Note 4

JRLasVegas

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site

I just downloaded some samples to my phone. Every 4K video I've tried to stream skipped like you described. The Costa Rica video is amazing.

Posted via my Sprint Note 4

I think your right, the closer I look the more I see it. If I just relax and try not to focus I don't really notice it. I wonder if it's a touch wiz thing. Oh well, I will get over it. Thanks for the reply, and that Costa Rico video is awesome!

TaterMay

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

I just got my note 4 and have been trying to watch 4k videos and I am getting some frame rate skipping issues. I was watching a video of horses running across a field in 4k. Take a look below at about 35 seconds. Anyone else experience the same issue?

GoPro: Wild Mustangs - A Legacy in 4K: GoPro: Wild Mustangs - A Legacy in 4K - YouTube

Are you using the YouTube app to watch it or a browser?

Posted via the Android Central App

lostsoul2

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site

I DL 4 4K youtube vids plus the tons I made and no issues at all..

I'm confused.. did you download them or watching it seaming? If steaming then that makes sense and if not you can try another video player like vlc

JRLasVegas

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site

Yeah I am streaming them. Going to try your suggestion some time today, thanks.

mgm83

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site

I'm still not getting a 4k option.. just 1080.

TaterMay

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

The you tube application

If you go to quality, what options does it give you? Almost everyone I've seen tops out at 1080, but rarely ever see that option. Mostly just 720.

JRLasVegas

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site

If you go to quality, what options does it give you? Almost everyone I've seen tops out at 1080, but rarely ever see that option. Mostly just 720.

720 is the highest I get.

logik brooklyn

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site

Just curious, but I watched a few of these YouTube 4k vids myself...if you tube is only outputting 720p, is it still true 4k?

JRLasVegas

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site

Just curious, but I watched a few of these YouTube 4k vids myself...if you tube is only outputting 720p, is it still true 4k?

I was wondering the same thing. I watched with my old Samsung and the ONLY difference I could notice was that my new Samsung had deeper blacks and bolder colors.

Another note I am trying to go around other t mobile stores and see if their notes also have the minimal stutter that I am experiencing on you tube. I am wondering if it's a you tube thing.

logik brooklyn

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site

I was wondering the same thing. I watched with my old Samsung and the ONLY difference I could notice was that my new Samsung had deeper blacks and bolder colors.

Another note I am trying to go around other t mobile stores and see if their notes also have the minimal stutter that I am experiencing on you tube. I am wondering if it's a you tube thing.

I've checked a few of the YouTube 4k's before, both in store, and on this phone...haven't noticed and stutter. I've mainly only tried on WiFi though, which I'm sure makes a huge difference

The stuttering you mean is a buffering issue, or actual skipping?

JRLasVegas

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site

I've checked a few of the YouTube 4k's before, both in store, and on this phone...haven't noticed and stutter. I've mainly only tried on WiFi though, which I'm sure makes a huge difference

The stuttering you mean is a buffering issue, or actual skipping?

Actual skipping and I am on WiFi too. But I have to look hard for it and not blink. My wife didn't notice until I had to point it out to her. It's super minimal and if it's a normal thing it won't bother me, but if I got a defective device I am returning it for a replacement or getting mine fixed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke