11-18-2014 11:30 PM
35 12
tools
    I just got my note 4 and have been trying to watch 4k videos and I am getting some frame rate skipping issues. I was watching a video of horses running across a field in 4k. Take a look below at about 35 seconds. Anyone else experience the same issue?

GoPro: Wild Mustangs - A Legacy in 4K:

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    11-15-2014 12:23 AM
    Bump

11-15-2014 07:45 PM
    I just downloaded some samples to my phone. Every 4K video I've tried to stream skipped like you described. The Costa Rica video is amazing.

Posted via my Sprint Note 4
    JRLasVegas likes this.
    11-15-2014 08:34 PM
    I didn't see any frame skipping near the 35 second mark.
    11-15-2014 08:52 PM
    I didn't see any frame skipping near the 35 second mark.
    Try starting from the 35 seconds. I am referring to the horses running in the field.

11-15-2014 09:50 PM
    I just downloaded some samples to my phone. Every 4K video I've tried to stream skipped like you described. The Costa Rica video is amazing.

Posted via my Sprint Note 4
    I think your right, the closer I look the more I see it. If I just relax and try not to focus I don't really notice it. I wonder if it's a touch wiz thing. Oh well, I will get over it. Thanks for the reply, and that Costa Rico video is awesome!

11-15-2014 10:02 PM
    Played fine for me
    11-15-2014 10:14 PM
    Watched the Who Video. No skipping for me.
    11-15-2014 10:22 PM
    I just got my note 4 and have been trying to watch 4k videos and I am getting some frame rate skipping issues. I was watching a video of horses running across a field in 4k. Take a look below at about 35 seconds. Anyone else experience the same issue?

Are you using the YouTube app to watch it or a browser?

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-16-2014 12:20 AM
    Are you using the YouTube app to watch it or a browser?

The you tube application

11-16-2014 12:55 AM
    yes the youtube app
    11-16-2014 07:58 AM
    I DL 4 4K youtube vids plus the tons I made and no issues at all..

I'm confused.. did you download them or watching it seaming? If steaming then that makes sense and if not you can try another video player like vlc
    JRLasVegas likes this.
    11-16-2014 11:33 AM
    Yeah I am streaming them. Going to try your suggestion some time today, thanks.

11-16-2014 11:38 AM
    I'm still not getting a 4k option.. just 1080.

11-16-2014 11:58 AM
    The you tube application

If you go to quality, what options does it give you? Almost everyone I've seen tops out at 1080, but rarely ever see that option. Mostly just 720.

11-16-2014 12:11 PM
    If you go to quality, what options does it give you? Almost everyone I've seen tops out at 1080, but rarely ever see that option. Mostly just 720.

720 is the highest I get.

11-16-2014 02:25 PM
    Just curious, but I watched a few of these YouTube 4k vids myself...if you tube is only outputting 720p, is it still true 4k?

11-16-2014 05:31 PM
    Just curious, but I watched a few of these YouTube 4k vids myself...if you tube is only outputting 720p, is it still true 4k?

I was wondering the same thing. I watched with my old Samsung and the ONLY difference I could notice was that my new Samsung had deeper blacks and bolder colors.

Another note I am trying to go around other t mobile stores and see if their notes also have the minimal stutter that I am experiencing on you tube. I am wondering if it's a you tube thing.

11-16-2014 07:46 PM
    I was wondering the same thing. I watched with my old Samsung and the ONLY difference I could notice was that my new Samsung had deeper blacks and bolder colors.

Another note I am trying to go around other t mobile stores and see if their notes also have the minimal stutter that I am experiencing on you tube. I am wondering if it's a you tube thing.

I've checked a few of the YouTube 4k's before, both in store, and on this phone...haven't noticed and stutter. I've mainly only tried on WiFi though, which I'm sure makes a huge difference

The stuttering you mean is a buffering issue, or actual skipping?

11-16-2014 08:04 PM
    I've checked a few of the YouTube 4k's before, both in store, and on this phone...haven't noticed and stutter. I've mainly only tried on WiFi though, which I'm sure makes a huge difference

The stuttering you mean is a buffering issue, or actual skipping?

Actual skipping and I am on WiFi too. But I have to look hard for it and not blink. My wife didn't notice until I had to point it out to her. It's super minimal and if it's a normal thing it won't bother me, but if I got a defective device I am returning it for a replacement or getting mine fixed.

11-16-2014 09:47 PM

You are only seeing 720p unless the video quality setting in the app says otherwise. You can go to youtube through Chrome, request the desktop site, and manually change the setting to any of the supported resolutions that way, but I get skipping with most 1440p videos I watch that way. I would assume that's why it isn't supported in the Android app yet. I did come across one video yesterday that I watched in 1440 with zero issues. But that's the extent of my luck so far.

JRLasVegas likes this.
    11-17-2014 12:13 PM

Nope, not 4K. Unfortunately. Try going through Chrome if you want to attempt 4K. Go to settings and check "request desktop site", then click the settings button on the video, and you will see all supported resolutions. You will then see what I believe is probably the reason it isn't supported in the app. Seems to be very glitchy right now. Skips on almost all videos I've found. But not 100%.

JRLasVegas likes this.
    11-17-2014 12:16 PM

Click the link in this original post, but use chrome to open. When it opens, request desktop site, set video quality to 1440p, and see how it works out for you.

11-17-2014 12:20 PM
    Click the link in this original post, but use chrome to open. When it opens, request desktop site, set video quality to 1440p, and see how it works out for you. When you get 1440(our phone does not support 4K viewing), you will definitely notice the difference. And it will load SO SLOW.

11-17-2014 12:22 PM
    I believe it has to do with your phone. It could be that your Ram is very low, your WIFI not that strong or if you are watching it on 4G your signal strength may not be that strong. You can only watch it in 720p. Check out some of what I mentioned above. I watched the video at work on my work wifi and at home on my home WiFi. I just watched it on my 4G signal. I had no issues watching it on my phone using the YouTube app. No stuttering at all.

Sent from my GNote4 using Tapatalk!
    11-17-2014 01:57 PM
35 12