12-10-2015 10:07 AM
259 ... 891011
tools
    Great tips everyone! Going to spend more time going through this!
    12-29-2014 02:38 PM
    I'm on Verizon and I see both Download Booster and Car Mode. Not sure if it makes a difference but have you turned on developer mode?

Posted via the Android Central App
    Yep and still not there. I'm a sure AT&T killed it for their "drive mode" app. What a shame
    12-29-2014 08:38 PM
    Nothing so far. I got this because someone told me it was better and cheaper than the iphone. Well its neither. I had to buy a memory card because the phone ran out of memory so quick. Then I had to but a blue tooth aux cable cause a regular cable doesn't work with it. And the finger print scanner is a joke. And the notifications are nonstop. I'd put it on silent but then I would miss important calls. The call quality is poor. People say they can hardly hear me. And my emails are not loading right. Is it too much to ask for good call quality and email? That's great it has all these nifty gadgets . Woop dee do. I just want to make phone calls and read my email.
    As a recent iPhone convert, I understand it is a bit of a switch. Chris is right, you need to go into the app settings to turn off notifications for that particular app, I've been doing a bit of that. As for call quality, are you on Verizon and using a case? Verizon moved the location of one of the mic holes on the bottom of the phone and it doesn't line up with some cases (some case manufacturers have made the slot for that mic elongated to accommodate the mic location) Every review will tell you that the finger print scanner has nothing on touch-ID and they're right, but touch-ID wasn't a deal breaker by any means for me so it doesn't detract from my Note 4 experience.
    01-01-2015 10:05 AM
    Then I had to but a blue tooth aux cable cause a regular cable doesn't work with it. And the finger print scanner is a joke. And the notifications are nonstop. I'd put it on silent but then I would miss important calls. The call quality is poor. People say they can hardly hear me. And my emails are not loading right. Is it too much to ask for good call quality and email? That's great it has all these nifty gadgets . Woop dee do. I just want to make phone calls and read my email.
    blue tooth aux cable? What is this?

It's sounds like you should stick to the iPhone.

hdhuntr likes this.
    01-01-2015 10:26 AM
    Having 3 different remotes in each room, Smart Remote has been amazing.
    01-01-2015 10:29 AM
    Nothing so far. I got this because someone told me it was better and cheaper than the iphone. Well its neither. I had to buy a memory card because the phone ran out of memory so quick. Then I had to but a blue tooth aux cable cause a regular cable doesn't work with it. And the finger print scanner is a joke. And the notifications are nonstop. I'd put it on silent but then I would miss important calls. The call quality is poor. People say they can hardly hear me. And my emails are not loading right. Is it too much to ask for good call quality and email? That's great it has all these nifty gadgets . Woop dee do. I just want to make phone calls and read my email.
    It sounds like you should just stick with an iPhone. The note 4 is obviously too much for you

Posted via Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    01-01-2015 11:21 AM
    It sounds like you should just stick with an iPhone. The note 4 is obviously too much for you
    LOL...what's obvious is that this person just trolled you. Running it out of memory was first clue they were yanking our chains. The BT aux cable is the clincher.

It's probably Tim Cook.
    hdhuntr, Perick, akutch34 and 4 others like this.
    01-01-2015 11:34 AM
    Love this thread! I'm a recent iPhone convert and I love showing friends and coworkers, who have iPhones, what my Note 4 can do. Yes, I love my Note 4 and I praise it all the time!
    01-01-2015 04:20 PM
    I switched from the Droid DNA to the note 3 now to the note 4.. I would have to say I have never been happier all the way around. The 4 is one of the best phone out there with all it can do.

UniQue WerkX and cinnamin like this.
    01-01-2015 06:34 PM
    I'm really impressed by the how paper and pen-like S-Note and the S-Pen are. I look forward to every time I have an excuse to use it.
    01-01-2015 07:41 PM
    I had the Note 3 & upgraded to the Note 4 only 27 amazing days ago! I love everything about this phone! My family calls my phone my boyfriend, hubby started it! Lol

The feature I use the most is the forwarding feature in the stock text message app! If you long press the text or picture you want to send to someone else it will pop up with advanced settings little box & tab forward! It makes it nice that I can send the same thing to multiple people but don't have to send a group text! My wonderful mother doesn't quite understand to not reply to group texts & well let's just say she said some stuff she shouldn't have! Awkward!!

Thanks for all the tips! I've screen shot some that you guys have posted so I can try them later on!
    01-02-2015 12:15 AM
    Easiest way to click picture at night

First turn on flashlight then go camera

02-20-2015 12:14 PM
    The pen. I didn't buy the phone for the pen and I really thought it would be worthless. Once I saw on YouTube how to use it capture any part of the screen or a picture and immediately send it to someone or share it or whatever, it changed the way I do things. I would frequently screen cap to post things or send things to people all the time. This changes everything.
    02-20-2015 04:43 PM
    When taking a photo with front camera, just shout "shoot" and it will after a 2 sec timer. I didn't had a clue I just tried out after seeing that little mic icon in the lower right and I was shocked. This saves you cramps trying to press the on screen button or the heart sensor when taking selfies.

Have a good day.

Omg you are my hero! I didn't know this. Awesome!

justmikey likes this.
    02-24-2015 06:47 AM
    Using the magnetic lasso in the image clip of air command you can cut small images from pics and create personalized app icons. Attachment 148534

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.
    How do you make it an icon? Thanks in advance.

02-24-2015 06:51 AM
    Having 3 different remotes in each room, Smart Remote has been amazing.
    i really use this alot to!
    02-24-2015 07:05 AM
    Yeah, it's Tim Cook hiding in the closet trolling people.

No wait, he's not in the closet anymore.
    02-24-2015 08:11 AM
    I have had none of the issues you are having. Maybe you need to take it in and get a different one or have it checked out.
    02-24-2015 11:52 AM
    Using the magnetic lasso in the image clip of air command you can cut small images from pics and create personalized app icons. Attachment 148534

I really love your wllpaper do you mind sharing?
    02-24-2015 11:32 PM
    Honeycomb live wallpaper

02-25-2015 06:35 PM
    Been using car mode. Not bad. Just wish I could use Google Music instead of the Samsung music app.

Note in my house!
    03-15-2015 04:41 AM
    I check Twitter out pretty often, so the floating bubble that I can open anywhere, on top of anything, is my absolute favorite

03-15-2015 03:34 PM
    As my father used to say, "sometimes it is not the tool that is to blame, sometimes it is the tool that is using it that is to blame" I have an iPhone 6 and while it is a good device it is far from the best overall phone.

I'm sure your welcome to come here and troll and give us all something to laugh at.

Great thread by the way people, I have learned more about my phone today reading this. I have taken screenshots of all the posts that I found useful and put them in an album marked "how to use a Note 4 like a pro"
    03-15-2015 06:44 PM
    As my father used to say, "sometimes it is not the tool that is to blame, sometimes it is the tool that is using it that is to blame" I have an iPhone 6 and while it is a good device it is far from the best overall phone.

I'm sure your welcome to come here and troll and give us all something to laugh at.

Great thread by the way people, I have learned more about my phone today reading this. I have taken screenshots of all the posts that I found useful and put them in an album marked "how to use a Note 4 like a pro"
    That's what we are here for. Glad you are finding some helpful tips in this thread.

Note in my house!
    03-15-2015 07:59 PM

That's a great idea: taking screen shots of all the posts you like and creating a folder Thank you!
    03-15-2015 08:16 PM
259 ... 891011