12-10-2015 10:07 AM
259 1234 ...
tools
    Idk if this is a new trick as this is my first note, but hovering the s-pen over a text box and clicking the blue circle allows you to hand write a message or whatever you want... Pretty sweet
    DAS and gregg6942 like this.
    11-16-2014 09:00 AM
    Not sure if this is new either.

In the gallery you can pinch to zoom in or out to change the size of your thumbnail pics in your gallery.
    11-16-2014 09:10 AM

In the gallery you can pinch to zoom in or out to change the size of your thumbnail pics in your gallery.
    That's a good one. I didn't know that.

Scribbled from the mighty pen of my Galaxy Note 4!
    11-16-2014 09:12 AM

Yeah that's a good one, you can also do that with messages to change the message font
    godzillinois and mayconvert like this.
    11-16-2014 09:19 AM
    That explains it. I'm using Apex. If apps can be sideloaded... can widgets?
    I don't really think so. Technically the widget is on the phone still. You just can't access it. So even if you sideloaded it, it would still be hidden in Apex or any other Launcher. However I know people have replicated note 4 widgets with UCCW and Zooper so if you want like a note 4 touch wiz weather widget to work in Apex you can use that. As for a my places widget I haven't seen any replicated versions of that.

Tasker, llama, profiles, and many other apps allow you to do location based tasks though if you wanted the widget for its functionality.
    nytmare likes this.
    11-16-2014 09:19 AM
    Smart remote was another feature that caught me by surprise. I use this app all the time and it really works well. I had tried using the Watch On app before with my Note 3 and it wouldn't work with my Uverse cable box. But this app works perfectly.

pantlesspenguin and beauwife like this.
    11-16-2014 10:17 AM
    Using the magnetic lasso in the image clip of air command you can cut small images from pics and create personalized app icons. Coolest features you discovered after buying your Note 4-screenshot_2014-11-16-22-30-15.jpg

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.
    11-16-2014 09:33 PM
    Using the magnetic lasso in the image clip of air command you can cut small images from pics and create personalized app icons. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2014-11-16-22-30-15.jpg 
Views:	1279 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	148534

That, my friend, is the coolest thing I've seen today. Thanks for sharing.

11-17-2014 04:14 AM
    I've done the clipping thing, but I use it on street view on google maps to put a picture of each of my locations buildings for their contact card. That way when someone from one of those buildings call, I can see who it is visually by seeing the building pop up on screen.

Regarding the places widget that someone posted a few back... I used it for a while, and it sells its self as an awesome tool. Problem for me was that it struggled figuring out where I was, and keeping up. I would be at work for several hours and it still said I was out and about. Then at home it would take quite a while, if ever, to change from work to home. It made most of the features worthless, for me.
    11-17-2014 06:32 AM
    I've done the clipping thing, but I use it on street view on google maps to put a picture of each of my locations buildings for their contact card. That way when someone from one of those buildings call, I can see who it is visually by seeing the building pop up on screen.

Regarding the places widget that someone posted a few back... I used it for a while, and it sells its self as an awesome tool. Problem for me was that it struggled figuring out where I was, and keeping up. I would be at work for several hours and it still said I was out and about. Then at home it would take quite a while, if ever, to change from work to home. It made most of the features worthless, for me.
    I haven't had that experience with the My Places widget. Usually it changes before I even get into the door of my apartment. And the same with work. In as short a time as a minute after I have left the house, it changes to Out and About. Haven't had any issues.

DL1991 likes this.
    11-17-2014 06:37 AM
    Using the magnetic lasso in the image clip of air command you can cut small images from pics and create personalized app icons. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2014-11-16-22-30-15.jpg 
Views:	1279 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	148534

How do you do this???
    11-17-2014 09:07 AM
    How do you do this???
    Once you have an image you have clipped using the magnetic lasso you need to import it into a picture editing app such as picsay pro via the share button. I could'nt figure out a way to directly import the clipped image into my photo gallery but you can import it into a photo editing app. Anyway, once you get the photo into the photo editing app just save it to your photo gallery. If using nova launcher, long press the app icon on your home screen that you want to change, navigate to photo gallery and browse for the clip. Sorry for the long post but I promise its easier than it sounds.

As a side note try to use small clippings or images because you will not be able to cram a large jpeg into the size of an app icon.

11-17-2014 09:39 AM
    Smart remote was another feature that caught me by surprise. I use this app all the time and it really works well. I had tried using the Watch On app before with my Note 3 and it wouldn't work with my Uverse cable box. But this app works perfectly.

I also like this feature. I initially thought it would go unused as I already have multiple remotes. However if the phone is in my possession while watching tv I find myself actually taking advantage of this app.

As for the S Pen, I intuitively recognize that it SHOULD be useful, but I'm just not all that well-versed with it yet. I'm gonna have to practice with it a good bit more.

Keep 'em coming. You guys are throwing out a bunch of helpful hints that I, as a former iPhone user, had no idea about.
    beauwife and huntnyc like this.
    11-17-2014 09:55 AM
    I also like this feature. I initially thought it would go unused as I already have multiple remotes. However if the phone is in my possession while watching tv I find myself actually taking advantage of this app.

As for the S Pen, I intuitively recognize that it SHOULD be useful, but I'm just not all that well-versed with it yet. I'm gonna have to practice with it a good bit more.
    You should. If you learn to use it. you will love it.

11-17-2014 09:56 AM
    Things they finally fixed that I really like...

1. Airplane mode doesn't require confirmation box.
    How do you change this? I get the confirmation box every time and keep forgetting to confirm it.
    11-17-2014 10:09 AM
    How do you change this? I get the confirmation box every time and keep forgetting to confirm it.
    Not sure...I'm on Verizon But I only get a box when coming out of airplane mode. Better than my S5 when you to confirm it. Might vary by carrier?
    11-17-2014 06:48 PM
    Hovering the S-pen over a link gives you a preview.

MedicX likes this.
    11-18-2014 08:22 AM
    Not sure...I'm on Verizon But I only get a box when coming out of airplane mode. Better than my S5 when you to confirm it. Might vary by carrier?
    That would be odd. I played around a bit and if I go to the settings menu and toggle airplane mode I am not prompted, but if I use the quick setting in the notification drawer I am. I'm on T-Mobile.
    11-18-2014 08:34 AM
    the shoot feature is nice : D don't ahve to click every 2 seconds lol
    11-19-2014 11:41 PM
    Has anyone used the feature in S-note that allows you to take a picture of something that has text and be able to edit the text in the picture? Used it yesterday and it was really slick.
    hdhuntr, LaTuFu, OptiPrime and 2 others like this.
    11-20-2014 05:54 AM
    Has anyone used the feature in S-note that allows you to take a picture of something that has text and be able to edit the text in the picture? Used it yesterday and it was really slick.
    I tried this a couple times and i wasn't doing something right. My plan is to sit with my tablet and N4 then watch all my YT tips and tricks videos to learn to use my phone like a pro. I have a week off for the holiday so it's on! The features are too numerous to ignore.

SGN4 :-D
    11-20-2014 07:49 AM
    I haven't tried it myself, so I do not know where the settings are, but I read online that you can record the sound of your doorbell so if you are listening to music with headphones on, it will notify you if someone rings your doorbell. Apparently this works with the sound of a baby crying too.
    Sonnydigs and juliesdroidsync like this.
    11-20-2014 10:12 AM
    I haven't tried it myself, so I do not know where the settings are, but I read online that you can record the sound of your doorbell so if you are listening to music with headphones on, it will notify you if someone rings your doorbell. Apparently this works with the sound of a baby crying too.
    I heard this was in the accessibility settings.

Note in my house!
    beauwife likes this.
    11-20-2014 10:13 AM
    Are you talking about this?

Note in my house!
    Attached Thumbnails Coolest features you discovered after buying your Note 4-uploadfromtaptalk1416500103573.jpg  
    11-20-2014 10:15 AM
    That's why I love reading these threads. Yet another trick I hadn't had a chance to learn yet. Pretty cool, doc!
    11-20-2014 10:24 AM
259 1234 ...