12-10-2015 10:07 AM
259 ... 45678 ...
tools
    I've noticed on the Samsung Keyboard setting you can take a picture of text and it will convert it to letters in text box. I couldn't get it to recognize anything but its a cool feature
    ZEMorais likes this.
    12-08-2014 07:32 PM
    I have no idea when you would use this but in Snote you can draw any random shape and take a picture in it.

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.
    Attached Thumbnails Coolest features you discovered after buying your Note 4-screenshot_2014-12-08-21-19-19.jpg  
    12-08-2014 08:22 PM
    Wondering if anyone knows......can you add more color choices to draw with in an "Action Memo" like there are listed when you take a screen shot? The action memo colors are so boring.
    12-09-2014 05:27 PM
    Just bought a new car today and the Ford Sync works pretty well with the Note 4. Very happy with it.

Note in my house!
    kevinpleasants and ilgal like this.
    12-09-2014 08:15 PM
    I have no idea when you would use this but in Snote you can draw any random shape and take a picture in it.

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.
    That is cool!

Note in my house!
    12-10-2014 03:18 PM
    By the way Note 4 family, I have finally settled on my "keeper" case and I would like to pass on my previous two cases to someone in need or just wants to have another case. I have two that I will paying on to a new home. I have a Samsung Protective Cover in dark gray. And I have a Tech21 classic black tactical case. If anyone wants it, just PM me your address and I will send it. Just one per person though. Happy Holidays!

Note in my house!
    lv2bsilly, Tdc02, makie and 4 others like this.
    12-14-2014 07:12 AM
    You don't see this?

Scribbled from the mighty pen of my Galaxy Note 4!
    He might be using nova launcher

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-15-2014 01:30 PM
    Just shipped the Samsung case. Still have the Tech 21 case available.

Note in my house!
    12-15-2014 08:17 PM
    I love this thread! Learned so many new things that keep me amazed with this phone. I had the iPhone 6 Plus for about a month before switching to the Note 4 :-)

My personal favorite feature so far is when receiving a phone call, it only pops up on the top half of my screen and it doesn't interfere with whatever I'm doing at the moment

12-15-2014 09:07 PM
    Embarrassed to say that u just discovered private mode. I love that I can now make whatever content I want private like my pictures. It will come in handy when I hand my phone to that nosy someone who likes to thumb through more than the one picture I wanted to show them. Now you are blocked and only my fingerprint can unlock it. Another great feature of the Note 4.

Note in my house!
    Fluffyman, gummyjelly and rajnet like this.
    12-16-2014 04:07 AM
    One of my favorites features, and one I use each day, is "smart alarm."

Smart alarm turns the device on, 3 mins before your scheduled alarm time, with a slow gradual tone of a piano, and very dim lighting of the display.

It avoids being awaken by the sudden alarm.

Great feature! Thanks

Not sure if this is old news. But if you go to wallpaper and hit lock screen only. There is option to choose called "my interest."

It will be loaded with tons of wallpapers that you can change every 1 to 12 hrs for the lock screen only. Categories range from drawing, travel, nature, landscape, night sky, pets and food.

There are some other options in there as well. Pretty cool

Wow! Its a really fantastic feature. I've set mine to update every hour and now I'm always curios to know what image is currently on. Haha!

The pics used are stunning. And love that in some pics the location is mentioned also. Nice!
    12-16-2014 11:17 AM
    Still available?
    12-16-2014 01:29 PM
    Just shipped the Samsung case. Still have the Tech 21 case available.

Note in my house!
    Still available?
    12-16-2014 01:29 PM
    Still available?
    Yep.

Note in my house!
    12-16-2014 01:30 PM
    Related to that... being able to yell "Answer!" at my phone if my hands are dirty or something.
    This won't work for me. I went into the settings and turned it on, so I have no idea what I'm doing wrong...
    12-16-2014 04:17 PM
    This won't work for me. I went into the settings and turned it on, so I have no idea what I'm doing wrong...
    You have this enabled?

Note in my house!
    Attached Thumbnails Coolest features you discovered after buying your Note 4-uploadfromtaptalk1418891229107.jpg  
    12-18-2014 02:27 AM
    Been loving finding out all the features on the Note 4. Some I stumbled across by accident and others I have read about in articles and seen on YouTube....plus this thread which is excellent!!

The Note 4 is one impressive handset.
    12-18-2014 06:03 AM
    I just found this out a moment ago, but if you hover over a picture in the gallery you get an option to edit the photo.

If you select it, you can write a quick note in your own handwriting right on the picture and easily share it in a text message.

I recently sent a handwritten "good morning" to my wife via text message. Adds that little extra personal touch.

I'm using the Note Edge, but the features of the s-pen are all the same.

Attached Thumbnails Coolest features you discovered after buying your Note 4-2014-12-18-06.24.13.jpg  
    12-18-2014 06:39 AM
    I just found this out a moment ago, but if you hover over a picture in the gallery you get an option to edit the photo.

If you select it, you can write a quick note in your own handwriting right on the picture and easily share it in a text message.

I recently sent a handwritten "good morning" to my wife via text message. Adds that little extra personal touch.

I'm using the Note Edge, but the features of the s-pen are all the same.

I hope you don't mind, but I'm stealing that idea.

Note in my house!
    ilgal and pantlesspenguin like this.
    12-18-2014 06:41 AM
    When you are in the gallery app, if you pinch the group of pictures it makes the set smaller so you can view more photos. If you expand your fingers it has the opposite effect. Pretty cool. I came across this on accident.
    I just tried this. I had no idea this was available. Simply Amazing!
    12-18-2014 10:16 AM
    Sweet! (pun intended!)

Thanks for that tip!!
    12-18-2014 10:22 AM
    These may not be new, but I'm a recently converted former iPhone user.

You can use one finger to zoom in if you tap the spot you want to zoom in on a webpage, then swipe diagonally like
    you normally would with a pinch.

You can take a screenshot by simultaneously pressing and holding the power button and home button.
    geekaren and huntnyc like this.
    12-18-2014 02:04 PM
    These may not be new, but I'm a recently converted former iPhone user
    You can take a screenshot by simultaneously pressing and holding the power button and home button.
    I miss the version on the Note 2 for a screen shot.....hold Spen button press on screen, voila.....the power button/home button combo is to clumsy/slow for me. Now on the Note 4, I double click button on Spen, then use action menu.

You can also move your hand (palm sideways) across the phone to take a screen shot, but that way doesn't bring up the immediate tools to write on the shot.
    12-18-2014 04:23 PM
    Can't see attachment
    Was playing around in the settings and came across this.

Nothing but Note! A little rim, some backboard, but mostly Note!
    12-18-2014 04:49 PM
    Can't see attachment
    Look into your settings and make sure you can see pictures.

Note in my house!
    12-18-2014 04:59 PM
259 ... 45678 ...