12-10-2015 10:07 AM
259 ... 7891011
tools
    If you start car mode, then click the three dot menu on the main 'Hi Galaxy' screen.

Attachment 156919

Then settings, then click on parking location

Attachment 156920

And check the checkbox

Attachment 156921

Download booster is in the notification shade, just tap it to turn on and the network icon changes. This is one that might be disabled by your carrier though.

Attachment 156924

Attachment 156925
    I see none of these options on mine. What carrier are you with?
    12-28-2014 03:28 AM
    I see none of these options on mine. What carrier are you with?
    Not car mode either? I'm with 3 in the UK
    12-28-2014 03:46 AM
    Not car mode either? I'm with 3 in the UK
    Nope. No car mode.
    12-28-2014 03:47 AM
    Got "car mode" in south Africa on Vodacom. Strange that it is left out in the UK.
    12-28-2014 04:43 AM
    Use 2 fingers to swipe down on your screen. Once it brings up all options,you can tap on car mode and it allows you to enable it. It seems you have to disable it once you are done with it before allowing you to use anything else on the phone. If I'm missing something here, let me know.
    I also enabled down booster but it does not show in the notification panel. I'm on Verizon, they may have disabled something.
    12-28-2014 08:39 AM
    Use 2 fingers to swipe down on your screen. Once it brings up all options,you can tap on car mode and it allows you to enable it. It seems you have to disable it once you are done with it before allowing you to use anything else on the phone. If I'm missing something here, let me know.
    I also enabled down booster but it does not show in the notification panel. I'm on Verizon, they may have disabled something.
    This is all I see.
    Attached Thumbnails Coolest features you discovered after buying your Note 4-uploadfromtaptalk1419778123967.jpg  
    12-28-2014 08:48 AM
    This is all I see.
    Same here. With AT&T
    12-28-2014 09:27 AM
    Just realized that if you swipe across the screen when watching a video depending on the direction it will go back or forth 5 seconds.

Posted from my Note 4 baby.
    Had no idea...good find

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.
    12-28-2014 10:25 AM
    Playing songs Via smart TV using wifi direct feature..

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-28-2014 11:06 AM
    This is all I see.
    There seems to be a few differences with what I'm seeing. I suppose some carriers also make changes to the notification panel? Here's mine:

Coolest features you discovered after buying your Note 4-ss1.jpg

It has Car mode, Download booster, Mobile Data, Mobile hotspot in there but lacks S Finder and Quick connect which is placed in the main notification panel instead:

Coolest features you discovered after buying your Note 4-ss2.jpg

Why would they change the contents of the panel though?
    12-28-2014 11:07 AM
    Just realized that if you swipe across the screen when watching a video depending on the direction it will go back or forth 5 seconds.

Posted from my Note 4 baby.
    Nice one! I've only ever used the vertical controls in the stock video app - swiping up or down on the left side adjusts brightness while doing it on the right adjusts volume. Should've known there would also be something for horizontal swipes.
    12-28-2014 11:26 AM
    It looks like your AT&T firmware has those features removed, thats annoying. Bar the boot logo and an app, the Three UK firmware is pretty much the same as the unbranded Samsung firmware.

Though i'd love to not have the S Finder and Quick connect buttons stuck in my notification area, so its not all bad!
    12-28-2014 02:18 PM
    I didn't want those stupid extra cool features anyway. Stupid fragmentation.
    12-28-2014 07:17 PM
    Playing songs Via smart TV using wifi direct feature..

How do you do this?
    12-28-2014 07:47 PM
    By the way Note 4 family, I have finally settled on my "keeper" case and I would like to pass on my previous two cases to someone in need or just wants to have another case. I have two that I will paying on to a new home. I have a Samsung Protective Cover in dark gray. And I have a Tech21 classic black tactical case. If anyone wants it, just PM me your address and I will send it. Just one per person though. Happy Holidays!

Note in my house!
    Just curious. What case did you decide to keep? I have the Tech21 and really like it, but I'm always wondering if there is something better out there. Also, a big thanks for all you posts in this thread. I've really learned a lot of tips on this one.
    12-28-2014 07:51 PM
    Just curious. What case did you decide to keep? I have the Tech21 and really like it, but I'm always wondering if there is something better out there. Also, a big thanks for all you posts in this thread. I've really learned a lot of tips on this one.
    I kept the Tech 21 Smokey mesh case. Love it.
    huntnyc likes this.
    12-28-2014 07:54 PM
    Thanks. I may take a look at that one.
    12-28-2014 08:01 PM
    It looks like your AT&T firmware has those features removed, thats annoying. Bar the boot logo and an app, the Three UK firmware is pretty much the same as the unbranded Samsung firmware.

Though i'd love to not have the S Finder and Quick connect buttons stuck in my notification area, so its not all bad!
    Dam U AT&T!!!
    Carrie Greicar likes this.
    12-28-2014 09:00 PM
    Dam U AT&T!!!
    Hearing the Whitney Houston song in my head.

Didn't We Almost Have it All!
    rdiddy_25 and Will6371 like this.
    12-28-2014 09:02 PM
    Nothing so far. I got this because someone told me it was better and cheaper than the iphone. Well its neither. I had to buy a memory card because the phone ran out of memory so quick. Then I had to but a blue tooth aux cable cause a regular cable doesn't work with it. And the finger print scanner is a joke. And the notifications are nonstop. I'd put it on silent but then I would miss important calls. The call quality is poor. People say they can hardly hear me. And my emails are not loading right. Is it too much to ask for good call quality and email? That's great it has all these nifty gadgets . Woop dee do. I just want to make phone calls and read my email.
    12-29-2014 02:54 AM
    12-29-2014 04:00 AM
    Goodgle also automatically keeps track of your parking. It is one of your cards when you open google. You may have to set it up as one of the cards but mine works great.
    12-29-2014 06:01 AM
    Another cool thing about the Note 4 is that with the S-pen, I can easily use my phone while it is laying on my desk. When I'm at work, this is how I primarily use my phone - from my desk.
    huntnyc likes this.
    12-29-2014 07:59 AM
    Nothing so far. I got this because someone told me it was better and cheaper than the iphone. Well its neither. I had to buy a memory card because the phone ran out of memory so quick. Then I had to but a blue tooth aux cable cause a regular cable doesn't work with it. And the finger print scanner is a joke. And the notifications are nonstop. I'd put it on silent but then I would miss important calls. The call quality is poor. People say they can hardly hear me. And my emails are not loading right. Is it too much to ask for good call quality and email? That's great it has all these nifty gadgets . Woop dee do. I just want to make phone calls and read my email.
    Guess you should have went with an iphone. I have HD calling with my note edge. 32gb of internal (22gb usable) storage and a 128g SD card. You can turn off any app notifications you don't need from the application screen in settings, then disable notifications for that particular app and for email you just need to add your email info to the stock email app. If your using active sync or an enterprise server you would need your companies information. Or if it's gmail, simply long in. I really don't get your list of complaints. Could you be more specific about this Bluetooth aux cable? I'd love to help, but really don't know what your really talking about

✒✒ Sent from my fantastic and feature rich (And i'd like to point out anything but a fad or gimmick !!) Samsung Galaxy Note Edge. Which has a Samsung Gear S and Samsung Gear Circle paired to it. ✒✒
    12-29-2014 08:30 AM
    I'm on Verizon and I see both Download Booster and Car Mode. Not sure if it makes a difference but have you turned on developer mode?

12-29-2014 09:14 AM
259 ... 7891011