Coolest features you discovered after buying your Note 4

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Before getting the Note 4 I had done a lot of research on it from the web, to youtube, to forums. And I thought I knew this phone inside out before purchasing. Plus I had the previous Note smartphones, so I figured it wouldn't be that different. But there have been a few features that either I didn't know about or didn't pay much attention to that I am really enjoying. The best one I have come to love is the My Places widget. I can set up this widget to display different apps based on my location. It also adjust the sound profiles and automatically turn WiFi on or off depending in your preference. What are some features you guys have discovered that you are enjoying since getting your Note 4?

Scribbled from the mighty pen of my Galaxy Note 4!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416053437261.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416053437261.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 1,405

etdoner

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
When taking a photo with front camera, just shout "shoot" and it will after a 2 sec timer. I didn't had a clue I just tried out after seeing that little mic icon in the lower right and I was shocked. This saves you cramps trying to press the on screen button or the heart sensor when taking selfies.

Have a good day.

Posted via the Android Central App

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
When taking a photo with front camera, just shout "shoot" and it will after a 2 sec timer. I didn't had a clue I just tried out after seeing that little mic icon in the lower right and I was shocked. This saves you cramps trying to press the on screen button or the heart sensor when taking selfies.

Have a good day.

That's awesome.

Karlzweb

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for both. Tried the self thing and my 14 year old, iphone loving, daughter thought it was cool.

Any other shortcuts discovered?

bdgriff

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Cool tips. Knew about the camera one, but the my places is new! However, after looking, I have no "my places"widget.

Tha Capn

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I had no idea about the my places widget. I just tried it out and it's pretty awesome!!

magnet

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Things they finally fixed that I really like...

1. Airplane mode doesn't require confirmation box.

2. Hotspot easily turned on and off unlike my S5 which is buried in the menus.

mcross72

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm with Sprint and I have the "My Places" widget. Maybe certain carriers removed the widgets. I'm going to try the widget. Thanks for the heads up. My favorite new feature is using the s-pen for easier copy & paste. On web sites and such if you hold the s-pen button you can select text on websites & such for copy/paste function.

Tabbiel1989

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Before getting the Note 4 I had done a lot of research on it from the web, to youtube, to forums. And I thought I knew this phone inside out before purchasing. Plus I had the previous Note smartphones, so I figured it wouldn't be that different. But there have been a few features that either I didn't know about or didn't pay much attention to that I am really enjoying. The best one I have come to love is the My Places widget. I can set up this widget to display different apps based on my location. It also adjust the sound profiles and automatically turn WiFi on or off depending in your preference. What are some features you guys have discovered that you are enjoying since getting your Note 4?

I didn't notice this awesome widget till you mentioned it. Thanks so much!

Chris Williams8

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if this is old news. But if you go to wallpaper and hit lock screen only. There is option to choose called "my interest."

It will be loaded with tons of wallpapers that you can change every 1 to 12 hrs for the lock screen only. Categories range from drawing, travel, nature, landscape, night sky, pets and food.

There are some other options in there as well. Pretty cool

:cool:

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if this is old news. But if you go to wallpaper and hit lock screen only. There is option to choose called "my interest."

It will be loaded with tons of wallpapers that you can change every 1 to 12 hrs for the lock screen only. Categories range from drawing, travel, nature, landscape, night sky, pets and food.

There are some other options in there as well. Pretty cool

:cool:
That's a good one. I believe this was on the Note 3 as well.

bdgriff

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
My places widget is a touch wiz widget, so if you aren't using the stock, touch wiz launcher, then you won't have the widget.

Aww, that's it then. Always a Nova Prime user. I'll go without my places then! Thanx for the info

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech