Coolest features you discovered after buying your Note 4

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
S health is another app or feature that I did not plan on using and loving. I use it all day everyday. It is very useful when tracking my caloric intake and exercise. I do wish that you simply input your exercise, but maybe that's coming with an update.

Scribbled from the mighty pen of my Galaxy Note 4!

Kim G

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I didn't know about the "my places widget". Thank you! I'll have some fun setting that up😊.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I like if you're on a task,etc and a call comes it displays at the top and you haven't lost page you were on.

Posted via the Android Central App

TheDarkKnight0818

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Idk if this is a new trick as this is my first note, but hovering the s-pen over a text box and clicking the blue circle allows you to hand write a message or whatever you want... Pretty sweet

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
That explains it. I'm using Apex. If apps can be sideloaded... can widgets?
I don't really think so. Technically the widget is on the phone still. You just can't access it. So even if you sideloaded it, it would still be hidden in Apex or any other Launcher. However I know people have replicated note 4 widgets with UCCW and Zooper so if you want like a note 4 touch wiz weather widget to work in Apex you can use that. As for a my places widget I haven't seen any replicated versions of that.

Tasker, llama, profiles, and many other apps allow you to do location based tasks though if you wanted the widget for its functionality.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Smart remote was another feature that caught me by surprise. I use this app all the time and it really works well. I had tried using the Watch On app before with my Note 3 and it wouldn't work with my Uverse cable box. But this app works perfectly.

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Using the magnetic lasso in the image clip of air command you can cut small images from pics and create personalized app icons. Screenshot_2014-11-16-22-30-15.jpg

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I've done the clipping thing, but I use it on street view on google maps to put a picture of each of my locations buildings for their contact card. That way when someone from one of those buildings call, I can see who it is visually by seeing the building pop up on screen.

Regarding the places widget that someone posted a few back... I used it for a while, and it sells its self as an awesome tool. Problem for me was that it struggled figuring out where I was, and keeping up. I would be at work for several hours and it still said I was out and about. Then at home it would take quite a while, if ever, to change from work to home. It made most of the features worthless, for me.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I've done the clipping thing, but I use it on street view on google maps to put a picture of each of my locations buildings for their contact card. That way when someone from one of those buildings call, I can see who it is visually by seeing the building pop up on screen.

Regarding the places widget that someone posted a few back... I used it for a while, and it sells its self as an awesome tool. Problem for me was that it struggled figuring out where I was, and keeping up. I would be at work for several hours and it still said I was out and about. Then at home it would take quite a while, if ever, to change from work to home. It made most of the features worthless, for me.
I haven't had that experience with the My Places widget. Usually it changes before I even get into the door of my apartment. And the same with work. In as short a time as a minute after I have left the house, it changes to Out and About. Haven't had any issues.

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
How do you do this???

Once you have an image you have clipped using the magnetic lasso you need to import it into a picture editing app such as picsay pro via the share button. I could'nt figure out a way to directly import the clipped image into my photo gallery but you can import it into a photo editing app. Anyway, once you get the photo into the photo editing app just save it to your photo gallery. If using nova launcher, long press the app icon on your home screen that you want to change, navigate to photo gallery and browse for the clip. Sorry for the long post but I promise its easier than it sounds.

As a side note try to use small clippings or images because you will not be able to cram a large jpeg into the size of an app icon.

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.

raf66

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Smart remote was another feature that caught me by surprise. I use this app all the time and it really works well. I had tried using the Watch On app before with my Note 3 and it wouldn't work with my Uverse cable box. But this app works perfectly.

I also like this feature. I initially thought it would go unused as I already have multiple remotes. However if the phone is in my possession while watching tv I find myself actually taking advantage of this app.

As for the S Pen, I intuitively recognize that it SHOULD be useful, but I'm just not all that well-versed with it yet. I'm gonna have to practice with it a good bit more.

Keep 'em coming. You guys are throwing out a bunch of helpful hints that I, as a former iPhone user, had no idea about.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I also like this feature. I initially thought it would go unused as I already have multiple remotes. However if the phone is in my possession while watching tv I find myself actually taking advantage of this app.

As for the S Pen, I intuitively recognize that it SHOULD be useful, but I'm just not all that well-versed with it yet. I'm gonna have to practice with it a good bit more.
You should. If you learn to use it. you will love it.