Coolest features you discovered after buying your Note 4

DMarie04

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm glad I could help.

Note in my house!

Hey Dr. D, I think you MAY be one of the very few people who are as obsessed with their Note 4 as me! Dec. 4 was 1 full month I've had this phone & I've yet to set it down for more than say, an hr! I think I need some intervention, all my "to do's" are piling up cause I can't put this dam phone down! 😊

Posted From MY Next Big Thing!!

DMarie04

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I love that you can schedule your text messages to send at a specific time! In the mess. app tap the 3 dots at the top right & select schedule message. You can then choose the time you want your message to be sent & *hit the send button*. You'll then see a little clock display in the message box next to you message & it sends your mess. at the scheduled time! I love this feature & it works great! Very useful for me since I have a sister in Vegas & @ times, the 3 hour time diff. can be problematic. This way, I just type up my message in the a.m. & a few hrs later it sends my mess for me & I don't have to worry about remembering to send it!

Posted From MY Next Big Thing!!

Last edited:

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
One thing that I just noticed yesterday while taking notes in church is that Sammy added a direct link from Action Memo to S-Note.

I had always wished this was part of past Note devices and was pleasantly surprised when I saw it. It allows the user to turn a quick action memo into a larger document if preferred without the need to launch S-Note separately.

Posted via Android Central App

crazyralph90

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed on the Samsung Keyboard setting you can take a picture of text and it will convert it to letters in text box. I couldn't get it to recognize anything but its a cool feature :)

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I have no idea when you would use this but in Snote you can draw any random shape and take a picture in it.

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-08-21-19-19.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-12-08-21-19-19.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 525

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Wondering if anyone knows......can you add more color choices to draw with in an "Action Memo" like there are listed when you take a screen shot? The action memo colors are so boring.

Last edited:

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
By the way Note 4 family, I have finally settled on my "keeper" case and I would like to pass on my previous two cases to someone in need or just wants to have another case. I have two that I will paying on to a new home. I have a Samsung Protective Cover in dark gray. And I have a Tech21 classic black tactical case. If anyone wants it, just PM me your address and I will send it. Just one per person though. Happy Holidays!

Note in my house!

cruiz1022

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I love this thread! Learned so many new things that keep me amazed with this phone. I had the iPhone 6 Plus for about a month before switching to the Note 4 :)

My personal favorite feature so far is when receiving a phone call, it only pops up on the top half of my screen and it doesn't interfere with whatever I'm doing at the moment

Posted via the Android Central App

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Embarrassed to say that u just discovered private mode. I love that I can now make whatever content I want private like my pictures. It will come in handy when I hand my phone to that nosy someone who likes to thumb through more than the one picture I wanted to show them. Now you are blocked and only my fingerprint can unlock it. Another great feature of the Note 4.

Note in my house!

ToastedFreak

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
One of my favorites features, and one I use each day, is "smart alarm."

Smart alarm turns the device on, 3 mins before your scheduled alarm time, with a slow gradual tone of a piano, and very dim lighting of the display.

It avoids being awaken by the sudden alarm.

Posted via the Android Central App

Great feature! Thanks :)

Not sure if this is old news. But if you go to wallpaper and hit lock screen only. There is option to choose called "my interest."

It will be loaded with tons of wallpapers that you can change every 1 to 12 hrs for the lock screen only. Categories range from drawing, travel, nature, landscape, night sky, pets and food.

There are some other options in there as well. Pretty cool

:cool:

Wow! Its a really fantastic feature. I've set mine to update every hour and now I'm always curios to know what image is currently on. Haha!

The pics used are stunning. And love that in some pics the location is mentioned also. Nice!