Coolest features you discovered after buying your Note 4

Nick_1020

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Been loving finding out all the features on the Note 4. Some I stumbled across by accident and others I have read about in articles and seen on YouTube....plus this thread which is excellent!!

The Note 4 is one impressive handset.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I just found this out a moment ago, but if you hover over a picture in the gallery you get an option to edit the photo.

If you select it, you can write a quick note in your own handwriting right on the picture and easily share it in a text message.

I recently sent a handwritten "good morning" to my wife via text message. Adds that little extra personal touch.

I'm using the Note Edge, but the features of the s-pen are all the same.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 2014-12-18 06.24.13.jpg
    2014-12-18 06.24.13.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 347

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I just found this out a moment ago, but if you hover over a picture in the gallery you get an option to edit the photo.

If you select it, you can write a quick note in your own handwriting right on the picture and easily share it in a text message.

I recently sent a handwritten "good morning" to my wife via text message. Adds that little extra personal touch.

I'm using the Note Edge, but the features of the s-pen are all the same.

Posted via the Android Central App
I hope you don't mind, but I'm stealing that idea.

Note in my house!

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
When you are in the gallery app, if you pinch the group of pictures it makes the set smaller so you can view more photos. If you expand your fingers it has the opposite effect. Pretty cool. I came across this on accident.

I just tried this. I had no idea this was available. Simply Amazing!

GenShipley

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
These may not be new, but I'm a recently converted former iPhone user.

You can use one finger to zoom in if you tap the spot you want to zoom in on a webpage, then swipe diagonally like
you normally would with a pinch.

You can take a screenshot by simultaneously pressing and holding the power button and home button.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
These may not be new, but I'm a recently converted former iPhone user
You can take a screenshot by simultaneously pressing and holding the power button and home button.
I miss the version on the Note 2 for a screen shot.....hold Spen button press on screen, voila.....the power button/home button combo is to clumsy/slow for me. Now on the Note 4, I double click button on Spen, then use action menu.

You can also move your hand (palm sideways) across the phone to take a screen shot, but that way doesn't bring up the immediate tools to write on the shot.

jairusz

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
I know this is obvious but since this is my first Note phone, I now sign all my documents using this phone and it has made my work so much easier. It's also nice to write again.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I would like to know too.

The opinions expressed in this post may lack merit due to my constant state of delirium. Any information or opinions offered could be a direct result of sleep deprivation, alcohol, or atypical poster's aggravation syndrome. Believe at your own risk.

the-sandman

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
To do the picture taking in a shape thing, open up a note, click options, then insert.

Screenshot_2014-12-21-20-47-12.jpg

Then image

Screenshot_2014-12-21-20-47-37.jpg

Then take picture in drawn frame

Screenshot_2014-12-21-20-47-52.jpg

Draw your shape and then tap to take the photo when you're ready. Its good at making out which shape you want to use too!

Screenshot_2014-12-21-20-50-10.jpg

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Here's something else I learned you can do in S-Note by tapping the camera icon on the toolbar, which brings up a limited camera app, then tap on the Gallery icon in the lower left, select picture (or you can take a picture in the camera app itself, but for the picture below, I used a pre-existing picture from my gallery) and let it be placed in your note. Once in your note, it should be shown as selected and a small menu for you to choose from. Tap the Convert to edit icon. In a few seconds, your picture will be replaced with a drawing such as below. Enjoy!

Christmas tree_0.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34