Coolest features you discovered after buying your Note 4

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
How do you do that? Let out the secret before I beat it off you.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

LMAO! No need to beat me! Lol...my daughter asked "What sound does a panda make?" So I Google's it. It asked if I wanted to play on TV...hit the square box in top right. When I did it asked me to turn on my blue ray player. So I did. It played on my TV. I knew "the Interview " was on YouTube So I looked it up on YouTube...paid for it on my Google play account and it walked me through the steps above...well...it didn't ask me to turn on the blue ray player this time. It just told me to hit the "echo box" and the movie played flawlessly! No lag on phone, No buffering. Perfect! I can believe it!

Sent via the Next Big Thing, My Galaxy N4

maxnicks

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Believe it or not, in addition to all the other cool stuff my device will do, I discovered I can make a phone call!!!! Yes, you can color me stupid...lime green

maxnicks

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Regarding the places widget that someone posted a few back... I used it for a while, and it sells its self as an awesome tool. Problem for me was that it struggled figuring out where I was, and keeping up. I would be at work for several hours and it still said I was out and about. Then at home it would take quite a while, if ever, to change from work to home. It made most of the features worthless, for me.

I hope I'm not being stupid, I'm just trying to help but did you have your Location Method to High Accuracy?

maxnicks

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Then it wouldn't be a Note 4. May as well get a Nexus 6.

Nothing but Note! A little rim, some backboard, but mostly Note!

Have to disagree with you, Doc. Though I have no intention of rooting my Note 4, I've rooted most other Android phones I've had. There's a lot to be said about being able to play with clock speeds, memory management and just about any other firmware setting you could ever want.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Have to disagree with you, Doc. Though I have no intention of rooting my Note 4, I've rooted most other Android phones I've had. There's a lot to be said about being able to play with clock speeds, memory management and just about any other firmware setting you could ever want.
More power to you friend. That is beyond me

brothamoveson

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Just realized that if you swipe across the screen when watching a video depending on the direction it will go back or forth 5 seconds.

Posted from my Note 4 baby.

torana355

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
People that are using Nova Prime but still want to use the My Places features (other then the widget itself) you can, its in the location settings at the bottom!!!!

the-sandman

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Couple of things I tried today.

1. Download booster, worked brilliantly considering my home broadband maxes out at 8Mbps, so 25Mbps is amazing for me!

Screenshot_2014-12-27-13-35-32.jpg

2. Car Mode and find my car. Theres an option in car mode for it to automatically record your cars location when you exit it. Not only does it show you where you parked, but also when, so you won't overstay so easily!

Screenshot_2014-12-27-14-37-46.jpg

Mike4G

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
This is a Google feature, not exclusive to the Note 4. I have an LG wifi Blu-ray player that does this as well.

-sent from my old but still useful Note 3

Posted via the Android Central App

beauwife

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
you dont have to go without it. it is under location too. you just cant have the widget. i use go launcher and i set it up.

Last edited:

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Couple of things I tried today.

1. Download booster, worked brilliantly considering my home broadband maxes out at 8Mbps, so 25Mbps is amazing for me!

View attachment 156864

2. Car Mode and find my car. Theres an option in car mode for it to automatically record your cars location when you exit it. Not only does it show you where you parked, but also when, so you won't overstay so easily!

View attachment 156866
I'm not finding either. Where are they in the settings?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
By the way Note 4 family, I have finally settled on my "keeper" case and I would like to pass on my previous two cases to someone in need or just wants to have another case. I have two that I will paying on to a new home. I have a Samsung Protective Cover in dark gray. And I have a Tech21 classic black tactical case. If anyone wants it, just PM me your address and I will send it. Just one per person though. Happy Holidays!

Note in my house!

In the future please keep in mind that buying, selling, trading or gifting of Android related items is forbidden in the general or device forums. We have the Marketplace forums specifically for that and certain guidelines that must be followed.

Thank you,

Paul
Mod Team Leader @ AC

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
In the future please keep in mind that buying, selling, trading or gifting of Android related items is forbidden in the general or device forums. We have the Marketplace forums specifically for that and certain guidelines that must be followed.

Thank you,

Paul
Mod Team Leader @ AC
No problem. Will follow directions next time.

the-sandman

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm not finding either. Where are they in the settings?

If you start car mode, then click the three dot menu on the main 'Hi Galaxy' screen.

Screenshot_2014-12-28-06-57-31.jpg

Then settings, then click on parking location

Screenshot_2014-12-28-06-57-52-1.jpg

And check the checkbox

Screenshot_2014-12-28-06-57-56.jpg

Download booster is in the notification shade, just tap it to turn on and the network icon changes. This is one that might be disabled by your carrier though.

Screenshot_2014-12-28-07-03-28-1.jpg

2014-12-28 07.06.44-1.jpg