Coolest features you discovered after buying your Note 4

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
If you start car mode, then click the three dot menu on the main 'Hi Galaxy' screen.

View attachment 156919

Then settings, then click on parking location

View attachment 156920

And check the checkbox

View attachment 156921

Download booster is in the notification shade, just tap it to turn on and the network icon changes. This is one that might be disabled by your carrier though.

View attachment 156924

View attachment 156925
I see none of these options on mine. What carrier are you with?

walhalla

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
Use 2 fingers to swipe down on your screen. Once it brings up all options,you can tap on car mode and it allows you to enable it. It seems you have to disable it once you are done with it before allowing you to use anything else on the phone. If I'm missing something here, let me know.
I also enabled down booster but it does not show in the notification panel. I'm on Verizon, they may have disabled something.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Use 2 fingers to swipe down on your screen. Once it brings up all options,you can tap on car mode and it allows you to enable it. It seems you have to disable it once you are done with it before allowing you to use anything else on the phone. If I'm missing something here, let me know.
I also enabled down booster but it does not show in the notification panel. I'm on Verizon, they may have disabled something.
This is all I see.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1419778123967.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1419778123967.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 173

jcords

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
This is all I see.

There seems to be a few differences with what I'm seeing. I suppose some carriers also make changes to the notification panel? Here's mine:

ss1.jpg

It has Car mode, Download booster, Mobile Data, Mobile hotspot in there but lacks S Finder and Quick connect which is placed in the main notification panel instead:

ss2.jpg

Why would they change the contents of the panel though?

jcords

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Just realized that if you swipe across the screen when watching a video depending on the direction it will go back or forth 5 seconds.

Posted from my Note 4 baby.

Nice one! I've only ever used the vertical controls in the stock video app - swiping up or down on the left side adjusts brightness while doing it on the right adjusts volume. Should've known there would also be something for horizontal swipes.

the-sandman

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
It looks like your AT&T firmware has those features removed, thats annoying. Bar the boot logo and an app, the Three UK firmware is pretty much the same as the unbranded Samsung firmware.

Though i'd love to not have the S Finder and Quick connect buttons stuck in my notification area, so its not all bad! :p

gpo1956

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
By the way Note 4 family, I have finally settled on my "keeper" case and I would like to pass on my previous two cases to someone in need or just wants to have another case. I have two that I will paying on to a new home. I have a Samsung Protective Cover in dark gray. And I have a Tech21 classic black tactical case. If anyone wants it, just PM me your address and I will send it. Just one per person though. Happy Holidays!

Note in my house!

Just curious. What case did you decide to keep? I have the Tech21 and really like it, but I'm always wondering if there is something better out there. Also, a big thanks for all you posts in this thread. I've really learned a lot of tips on this one.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Just curious. What case did you decide to keep? I have the Tech21 and really like it, but I'm always wondering if there is something better out there. Also, a big thanks for all you posts in this thread. I've really learned a lot of tips on this one.
I kept the Tech 21 Smokey mesh case. Love it.

rdiddy_25

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
It looks like your AT&T firmware has those features removed, thats annoying. Bar the boot logo and an app, the Three UK firmware is pretty much the same as the unbranded Samsung firmware.

Though i'd love to not have the S Finder and Quick connect buttons stuck in my notification area, so its not all bad! :p

Dam U AT&T!!!

Trisram

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Nothing so far. I got this because someone told me it was better and cheaper than the iphone. Well its neither. I had to buy a memory card because the phone ran out of memory so quick. Then I had to but a blue tooth aux cable cause a regular cable doesn't work with it. And the finger print scanner is a joke. And the notifications are nonstop. I'd put it on silent but then I would miss important calls. The call quality is poor. People say they can hardly hear me. And my emails are not loading right. Is it too much to ask for good call quality and email? That's great it has all these nifty gadgets . Woop dee do. I just want to make phone calls and read my email.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084