Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Hate Touch Whiz, but I like this phone.....HALP!?!?!?!?

Lambertoid

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
The reason I said I would have been just as happy with the g3 be cause it still has a great camera it is still extremely fast and customizable but the forum factor for me is the main thing but I did know this when buying the note 4 but I am spec happy and liked the premium feel of it..

Last edited:

Lambertoid

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: Hate Touch Whiz, but I like this phone.....HALP!?!?!?!?

Ps my note 4 gets way better reception then my g2 did

Posted via the Android Central App

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

I honestly didn't even wanna bother pointing this out but it's so blatant I couldn't resist. Did you even LOOK at the awake stats? Do you know how to read battery stats at all? I'm not really asking cause your reply already told me but I had to point it out. Your smug arrogance is so misplaced it's almost laughable.

It's cases like this that are the reason that I don't like battery stats posts on forums.

In my opinion the number of days someone gets on their stats page is completely irrelevant. What is relevant is standby burn rate with sync on vs off and average screen on time. From that a user can do their own math to determine what to expect.

It is far too easy for someone to misinterpret or attempt to apply someone else's battery stats to their own devices when usage is always going to be different. 4 days of use with 5 hours of screen time total is not the same as a battery lasting 4 days with 5 hours of screen time per day. It's not that you tried to make your stats out to be something they are not but some may not realize how to apply them to their own use case. Rather than post battery stats what I typically do is just share standby drain percentage and average screen on time.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Trinatek

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site

That is just your experience.

In my experience, with my phone, I get none of those things.

That's silly. Every single Note 4 I have come across, and that other people have come across (unless have a custom rom of course) lags when you press the recent apps button. Everyone. Every reviewer and every user who has Touchwiz by default.

Show me some unedited footage of you successfully using the recent apps button with no lag, with 3+ apps running. To my knowledge, it's not gonna happen. It's an objective fact, not an opinion.

dj2big

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site

My requirements: A better radio than the S3, a battery that doesn't suck like the S3, a phone that doesn't lag like the S3. My last Galaxy device was.... the S3.

The Nexus 5 battery, sucks. The Nexus 5 radio, sucks. Reviews say the Nexus 6 and Moto X 2014 batteries suck. I can't judge the S4 nor the S5, nor any notes, because I didn't use them.
Get an S4 and gonfrom there till you find something you like...
There is no such thing as a perfect phone only a perfect phone that is right for you and makes you happy

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

That's silly. Every single Note 4 I have come across, and that other people have come across (unless have a custom rom of course) lags when you press the recent apps button. Everyone. Every reviewer and every user who has Touchwiz by default.

Show me some unedited footage of you successfully using the recent apps button with no lag, with 3+ apps running. To my knowledge, it's not gonna happen. It's an objective fact, not an opinion.

Yup mine lags doing that. Doesn't bother me though because I hardly use it. Instead I use switchr with flow. Much much faster to jump between applications than the recent Apps button.

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

I honestly didn't even wanna bother pointing this out but it's so blatant I couldn't resist. Did you even LOOK at the awake stats? Do you know how to read battery stats at all? I'm not really asking cause your reply already told me but I had to point it out. Your smug arrogance is so misplaced it's almost laughable.

Not everyone has the same experience with their phones. Funnily I didn't think I had to point out this fact, but I guess some people just need a bit more "help" than others.

It's also funny how you actually admit that you're flaming "Samsuck" and yet you're also defensive about people complaining about your attitude. You come to a forum section dedicated to a Samsung phone and proceed to flame the brand. What other reaction did you think you were gonna get? Use your head dude, holy crap.

You got smug arrognace from my posts eh? Do you know what those two words mean? I could come across as a hater, but smug and arrogant? Precisely, what did I say that was smug, or arrogant?

George also pointed out what I meant that the phone was not used. It has large gaps in the usage, screen was barely turned on, and had a constand wifi signal.... This means that phone was barely used, since the screen actually has to be on to be used.

I never complained about anyone being angry. I fully admit that I think Samsuck.....sucks. I will admit that I HATE Touch Whiz. Did I ever deny it? Use your head dude, holy crap.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Actually, the title says you are wrong, that's if you actually read. I really like the screen, form factor, brightness and the pen. I hate Touch Whiz, and yes, the S3 drove me to say Samsuck. I don't know what to tell you. Answer some of the questions or not, [language]

Surprise, there are a ton of people who hate Touch Whiz. It's okay for us to do just that. That does't mean a Samsuck device doesn't have merit, it just means that as a matter course, I hate Touch Whiz and hate Samsung. Doesn't mean I can't like a Samsuck device.

Samsuck wouldn't get hated so bad if they learned to update a phone on time, and reduced the double bloat in Touch Whiz.

That said, how is the Note 4 radio? That was never answered. Is it better than the S3? That radio was plain flat out terrible.

HOW are you even considering this phone? i, personally find this to be the "best version of Touchwiz" to date but gettin' the feeling them "flattening, tidying up, and throwing a search in the settings isn't gonna be enuf to change your opinion of it....

i think it can easily win over someone "on the fence" ONCE they get it and use it a few days, but if u r seething with so much disdain for THE BRAND that you can't even write, "SamSUNG" (and that's BEFORE u even get it home) so turning it on after you've plunked down $800+ bucks for it will prolly ONLY confirm your ill will towards it.....

Its a great device in just about EVERY aspect to be sure, but it can't walk on water (literally)...(uh oh, another thing it can't do...dang it Sammy :-*

BTC

Last edited by a moderator:

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site

You got smug arrognace from my posts eh? Do you know what those two words mean? I could come across as a hater, but smug and arrogant? Precisely, what did I say that was smug, or arrogant?

George also pointed out what I meant that the phone was not used. It has large gaps in the usage, screen was barely turned on, and had a constand wifi signal.... This means that phone was barely used, since the screen actually has to be on to be used.

I never complained about anyone being angry. I fully admit that I think Samsuck.....sucks. I will admit that I HATE Touch Whiz. Did I ever deny it? Use your head dude, holy crap.

LOL you are so bad at reading battery stats, holy crap. Wi-Fi being turned on on the graph means that you left Wi-Fi toggled on, whether it's connected to a Wi-Fi network or simply scanning for any available networks in the area. You could be out and about and not connected to any Wi-Fi network and the bar will still be solid blue in the graph if you leave Wi-Fi toggled on and scanning.

Do me a favor and just stop. Seriously, ridiculous.

If you think Samsung plain sucks don't even consider getting the Note 4, [language removed by moderator]

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site

It's cases like this that are the reason that I don't like battery stats posts on forums.

In my opinion the number of days someone gets on their stats page is completely irrelevant. What is relevant is standby burn rate with sync on vs off and average screen on time. From that a user can do their own math to determine what to expect.

It is far too easy for someone to misinterpret or attempt to apply someone else's battery stats to their own devices when usage is always going to be different. 4 days of use with 5 hours of screen time total is not the same as a battery lasting 4 days with 5 hours of screen time per day. It's not that you tried to make your stats out to be something they are not but some may not realize how to apply them to their own use case. Rather than post battery stats what I typically do is just share standby drain percentage and average screen on time.

I completely agree with you and to be perfectly honest my average burn rate is usually 1% per 3 hours of standby and/or 1% per 5-7 mins of on screen time (half of this for gaming).

To be honest I wouldn't have even posted my screenshots if it wasn't for the [language removed by moderator] OP going "ROFL!! no" when I stated that I got an average of 3 days and 3 hours screen time per charge. Sure if you're a power user you'll most likely only get a day's use per charge depending on your screen time. But if you're a moderate user like me, 3 days / 3 hours per charge is more than possible.

Trinatek

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site

LOL you are so bad at reading battery stats...
I completely agree with you..
Stop. You don't know how Wi-Fi battery stats work. Just stop.

First, why did you choose to use three different posts to respond to these people when you could have just responded in a single post? Just curious.
Second, why are taking on such a negative and attacking tone? Jesus.

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site

First, why did you choose to use three different posts to respond to these people when you could have just responded in a single post? Just curious.
Second, why are taking on such a negative and attacking tone? Jesus.

I'm replying to each post separately, there's nothing wrong with that. As for my tone, they're appropriate towards the individuals I'm replying to. As you can see in the second post of mine that you quoted, there was nothing negative there. The other two on the other hand, well let's just say people who don't know how Android works shouldn't really be coming on to forums scrutinizing things when they don't know what the hell they're talking about.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

Suit yourself.

I've never had any issues with it. I wasn't even aware of it as an issue until reading about it in this forum.

I've tried to replicate it several times (last time just before this reply) and still don't have it.

If you want to hold on to your "objective fact" feel free.

Trinatek

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site

I'm replying to each post separately, there's nothing wrong with that. As for my tone, they're appropriate towards the individuals I'm replying to. As you can see in the second post of mine that you quoted, there was nothing negative there. The other two on the other hand, well let's just say people who don't know how Android works shouldn't really be coming on to forums scrutinizing things when they don't know what the hell they're talking about.
I suppose I just sort of thought that it was forum etiquette, to not "spam" (not meant to be derogatory) multiple, back-to-back, posts. And to instead do.... well, this (responding to multiple posts in a single reply). Helps from wasting space on these threads, and helps to reduce extra pages that don't need to exist.

Suit yourself.

I've never had any issues with it. I wasn't even aware of it as an issue until reading about it in this forum.

I've tried to replicate it several times (last time just before this reply) and still don't have it.

If you want to hold on to your "objective fact" feel free.
Are you saying you've never had any personal issues with the delay/lag when clicking on the recent apps button? Or that you have never had the delay/lag -- period? As you can tell, I'm still extremely skeptical of your claim. Is there any way you can record it so we can see? If there are phones out there that have 0 lag with that button, then me and thousands of others will demand replacements as the thousand of us have received (to some extent) faulty products.

Not trying to attack you with this, but you're telling me that no matter how many apps you previously opened, when you press the recent apps button (with stock phone), there's an instant response, and no delay/lag/stutter whatsoever? Can anyone else here attest to this? That just seems like a really huge claim considering how across the board -- in every review, my own anecdotal personal experience, as well as other owners have reported a delay/lag/stutter with the Recent Apps button.

Last edited:

NikzzM

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

Note has no lag and a great battery. Touch wiz isn't that bad. Just use a different Launcher, disable the double tap for s voice, and speed up animations under developer options.

And if you're into root then flash a good Touch Wiz ROM. I'm using a touch wiz rom (only touch wiz roms are available right now anyway. No AOSP yet). The ROM I'm on has dramatically increased speed, performance, sound, picture quality, and battery life. Plus I've themed, debloated, and will never have ads again.

There is no device more powerful right now than a rooted Note 4. This rom is lightning fast. I forgot what lag was until I got on my ipad. Not only is it fast, but about 90% of the people on this ROM are reporting at the very least 5 hrs screen time. I've seen a couple with 6.5/7 hrs screen on time.

Get the Note 4. Don't think about it any longer. It's a hell of a device. You won't regret it. I promise. And on the offhand that you do, the most you'll have to do is go back to the store and get a refund.

Hey. Can you tell me more about the Custom Rom. Do we have guides how to flash this? and is the S Pen compatible with it? THanks

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

1 hour a day is "moderate use"? Whatever you say cupcake.

Look, so far, not one person here agrees with you. Seriously, not one person. Anyone who claims that a Galaxy S3 gets 3 days of USE, not STAND BY, is either a troll, or a bigger troll. The Galaxy S3 did not have above average battery life, as there is no standard to measure what average is, but it is agreed that 3 hours of screen on time is not above average. The Note 2 gets 5 hours of screen on time, for example.

I get it, you really like Samsung, and that's okay. I don't. That is also okay. The Note 4 looks very intriguing, which is why I am here. No one said anything about looking for a phone with 3 days of battery with heavy use, you are now making up details. In fact, you are the one who sounds insane, since no one said anything you are accusing me of, except for you. If you think using a phone for less than 1 hour a day is moderate use, your opinion on anything is worthless, when it comes to this conversation.

You could be the smartest man in the world, but when it comes to this matter, your opinion is worthless. 1 hour of use a day is not even light use. Go away please, come back when you can act like you are more than 12 years old.

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site

1 hour a day is "moderate use"? Whatever you say cupcake.

Look, so far, not one person here agrees with you. Seriously, not one person. Anyone who claims that a Galaxy S3 gets 3 days of USE, not STAND BY, is either a troll, or a bigger troll. The Galaxy S3 did not have above average battery life, as there is no standard to measure what average is, but it is agreed that 3 hours of screen on time is not above average. The Note 2 gets 5 hours of screen on time, for example.

I get it, you really like Samsung, and that's okay. I don't. That is also okay. The Note 4 looks very intriguing, which is why I am here. No one said anything about looking for a phone with 3 days of battery with heavy use, you are now making up details. In fact, you are the one who sounds insane, since no one said anything you are accusing me of, except for you. If you think using a phone for less than 1 hour a day is moderate use, your opinion on anything is worthless, when it comes to this conversation.

You could be the smartest man in the world, but when it comes to this matter, your opinion is worthless. 1 hour of use a day is not even light use. Go away please, come back when you can act like you are more than 12 years old.

Do you ever come up with your own witty remarks? Or you just copy whatever's been said to you and reword it slightly? Seriously.

As for having above average battery life, here. I'm assuming I don't have to explain the meaning of average to you, yes?

3g Talk time:
galaxy-s3-3g-talk-time.jpg

Web browsing:
galaxy-s3-web-browsing.jpg

Video playback:
galaxy-s3-video-playback.jpg

As you can see, at the time of its release the S3 had above average battery life, just like I stated. No, it wasn't the best and it never was, but even in todays standards it's still respectable.

Now please, please just shut [language removed by moderator]up. I'm sick and tired of showing proof regarding the points I've made. Meanwhile you continue to churn out worthless babble you call opinions. Do us all a favor and keep your opinions to yourself because you don't have anything to back up your claims.

Oh, and don't bother replying to this post because I'm abandoning this sad thread. I have a feeling I've been feeding the troll this whole time. I encourage everyone else to do the same.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I am a fellow touchwiz hater. I couldn't stand it. That said, I just bought a Note 4 today. So far Touchwiz is... better. I havent had the phone long enough to say if I like it more or less than "pure" Android (I too had a Moto X and a N5),however,it does seem very livable on the Note 4. There are a few things I even genuinely like about it. I still think that LG has the best skinned version of Android, but since the G Pro 2 wasn't released in the US, I went with the Note 4.

Posted via the Android Central App

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

Hey. Can you tell me more about the Custom Rom. Do we have guides how to flash this? and is the S Pen compatible with it? THanks
Sure thing the ROM is great and the thread I posted includes the instructions on how to flash it. And if you need help the thread is very noob friendly. Just make sure to read and use the search on the thread because it angers a lot of people when the same question is asked over and over and could've been avoided by simply reading or searching.

The S Pen is very compatible with it. In fact... The Dev has improved the S Pen as well, giving it a more 1:1 ratio.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance