Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Hate Touch Whiz, but I like this phone.....HALP!?!?!?!?

Lambertoid

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: Hate Touch Whiz, but I like this phone.....HALP!?!?!?!?

Nexus 6 quad hd display hmm mm didn't know that's substandard but hey note 4 is bad {language removed by moderator] I do wish I would have waited for the nexus 6 or would have just went with the g3 but it's bad [language removed by moderator]fast etc...throw nova on it and call it a day

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site

Your S3 lasted 3-4 days??? ROFL!! no.

ROFL!! yes

Screenshot_2013-04-21-03-56-23.png

No topping up the charge in between uses.

Also my Note 3 was even better.

Screenshot_2014-03-31-07-29-33.jpg

Screenshot_2014-03-31-07-29-44.jpg

Voila! 3 hours of screen time over 5 days on a single charge.

Sorry to disappoint you if you thought I was lying but I have no reason to embellish this crap.

Also, for someone asking for "help", your attitude leaves a lot to be desired. Just sayin'.

Last edited:

JRUNCK

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
And if you're into root then flash a good Touch Wiz ROM. I'm using a touch wiz rom (only touch wiz roms are available right now anyway. No AOSP yet). The ROM I'm on has dramatically increased speed, performance, sound, picture quality, and battery life. Plus I've themed, debloated, and will never have ads again.

There is no device more powerful right now than a rooted Note 4. This rom is lightning fast. I forgot what lag was until I got on my ipad. Not only is it fast, but about 90% of the people on this ROM are reporting at the very least 5 hrs screen time. I've seen a couple with 6.5/7 hrs screen on time.

Can you give me some links where I can read everything I need to learn about adding this rom you are using? I've never rooted in my life and know almost nothing about the pros, cons, risk, benefits and different options. I've been jail breaking my apple products for a very long time but hardly know anything about rooting.

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

ROFL!! yes

View attachment 148381

No topping up the charge in between uses.

Also my Note 3 was even better.

View attachment 148382

View attachment 148383

Voila! 3 hours of screen time over 5 days on a single charge.

Sorry to disappoint you if you thought I was lying but I have no reason to embellish this crap.

Also, for someone asking for "help", your attitude leaves a lot to be desired. Just sayin'.

Ah, it was in standby for three days, barely awake for three days. Yeah, no one cares. Just like I don't care about how you feel about my attitude. I did indeed get the help I needed, from people in this various thread. The Galaxy White Knights, like you, just complained about me, flaming their precious Samsuck.

Other people answered questions, and I am grateful. See how that worked?

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site

Nexus 6 quad hd display hmm mm didn't know that's substandard but hey note 4 is bad [language]I do wish I would have waited for the nexus 6 or would have just went with the g3 but it's bad [language] fast etc...throw nova on it and call it a day

Why do you wish you had gotten the g3?

skyeking69

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site

Can you give me some links where I can read everything I need to learn about adding this rom you are using? I've never rooted in my life and know almost nothing about the pros, cons, risk, benefits and different options. I've been jail breaking my apple products for a very long time but hardly know anything about rooting.

I'm the same as JRUNCK .......Can you give us some direction here.....

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

This phone has a phenomenal screen. If i can root and freeze all of that Samuck bloat, this will be an amazing device.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

That's just false. Again, I love my Note 4. But there is lag from time to time on the phone. Every time you pull up recent apps for example, it lags. Every. Time.

Not on my Tmobile galaxy note 4. Apparently it was fixed with one of the updates but not on all carriers. Idk though. It's been a while since I was on stock. I don't even have my recent apps button to open recent apps. I've switched it back to the menu button and hold the home button for recent apps.
Wow, thanks. You have a link with the flash instructions and the ROM? I will be buying full price, no contract.

How is your radio? I had heard that the Note 2 had a much better radio than the Galaxy S3. That phone's radio was just BAD.
Here's the ROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2916463
[ROM] FireKatN4 Deodex V4 TW 4.4.4 Base: Extreme Speed/Snappiness/Battery Efficient

Its a Tmobile ROM but the Dev has it working on his Tmo phone with AT&T service. He's also done custom ROMs for people that want them but aren't on Tmo, so even if you aren't in Tmo, I suggest you reach out to him. Great guy.

My radios been great. Although I had no issues on my GS3 either. Many have said it's improved though.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site

I want to know if the phone still says WIFI NOT CONNECTED every 5 minutes. I have tried 2-3 diff samsung phones and ALL of them said that nearly every 5-10 minute while sitting 8 feet away from a wireless router. No other phone I has ever had that issue. My wifi is Rock Solid and I have a great range. The wifi not connected is purely a samsung issue.

And someone said the Radio was hard to judge. No it's not. I live in a 2 story condo. In my Living room some phones have 4 bars, some have 1 bar.
I always return the phones that cant get at least 3 bars in my living room.
Samsung Note 3 would always hang out at 1-2 bars Max. So I got rid of it.
My 2014 Moto x is sitting in the same place the Note 3 was sitting and I have 4 bars ALL the time and sometimes 5 bars (max signal)
With the samsung I would have to walk to the front door to make a call that was clear for people on the other end.
If I tried to sit in "my chair" they would say I was breaking up.
I sit in "my Chair" with my moto x and I am crystal clear on the other end.

(on a side note, what ever happened to richard darryell? did they finally band him? I haven't seen any gold standard garbage in a while)

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site

Don't like touch wiz, run a different launcher. I use the Google launcher which is simular to lolipop thats coming soon, no lag everything runs buttery smooth. Get 15-17 hrs of battery life on average a day with heavy use.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Actually, the title says you are wrong, that's if you actually read. I really like the screen, form factor, brightness and the pen. I hate Touch Whiz, and yes, the S3 drove me to say Samsuck. I don't know what to tell you. Answer some of the questions or not[language]

Surprise, there are a ton of people who hate Touch Whiz. It's okay for us to do just that. That does't mean a Samsuck device doesn't have merit, it just means that as a matter course, I hate Touch Whiz and hate Samsung. Doesn't mean I can't like a Samsuck device.

Samsuck wouldn't get hated so bad if they learned to update a phone on time, and reduced the double bloat in Touch Whiz.

That said, how is the Note 4 radio? That was never answered. Is it better than the S3? That radio was plain flat out terrible.

I'm not sure why you think I'm 'butthurt' except that I didn't laugh at the tired old, overused Samsuck 'burn'? Sorry about that, I just don't think it's funny after hearing it hundreds of times. I agree however that TW is insanely laggy and bloated. I still don't mind, especially when there's launchers available. No one can speak to the strength of the radio because everyone will have different experiences depending on where they live and what service they have. And it does no good to compare the signal strength to a previously owned phone in the same area on the same carrier because I've heard people in identical scenarios have completely different results. My post was simply stating my experience because someone could possibly benefit.

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

Don't like touch wiz, run a different launcher. I use the Google launcher which is simular to lolipop thats coming soon, no lag everything runs buttery smooth. Get 15-17 hrs of battery life on average a day with heavy use.

Well, besdies Touch Whiz, it's all the stupid Samsuck services that run in the background. Back in the dreaded S3 days, my wife and I both had an error that kept crashing the phone. After several days of research, it was a Samsuck app that you had to update through the Samsung Services app, that we had never used that was the culprit.

Plenty of that stuff happened. At the time, I had an S3, wife had an S3, daughter had an S3, son had an S2, best friend had an S3. All of us had the same signal issues, double bloat battery drain issues, no cell signal, tiny battery life, etc.

When we all where in public, we each had a handfull of batteries, and spare chargers everywhere. When a phone had to be used, we scattered like a Chinese Fire Drill walking around trying to find a signal.

If the note 4 corrects a ton of this mess, then that's what I am asking about. It is good looking phone, love the screen, love the form factor, love the S Pen. Hate every piece of Samsuck software. If I can't freeze all of the stupid Samsuck services bloat, and the radio is still weak, then I can't go with it.

wase4711

May 1, 2010
Visit site

obviously, anyone whining about lag, or anything else, hasn't rooted the note 4 and installed one of the several debloated and ultra fast roms that are available for it.
rooted, with one of the custom roms, make the note 4 the fastest, most feature packed phone out right now.

Until you get one, and root it, and install one of the awesum roms available, you have no clue as to what this phone REALLY is..I dislike touch jizz as much as anyone, but with nova launcher, and one of the custom roms on it, you wont even know you are using touch jizz

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

Everyone has different usage patterns so it's hard to judge battery life. Like you I laugh at claims of multiple days of life. It's not that is not possible but just that if someone is expecting several hours of screen on time each day then a few days or more of battery life just isn't going to happen. That said my experience so far with my T-Mobile note 4 is that standby is great and screen on time of 5 hours is easily achievable with good signal when using normally.

As for Samsung software I agree to a point. I'll never go AOSP on a Galaxy Note product as it would take away too many fundamental S-pen features that separate the Note line from the rest of the market. The improved selection features of the pen are fantastic and I'm hoping the Note Pro line gets them too.

Signal wise so far so good for me. I'm using the T-mobile note 4 on AT&T without issue. Call quality is good and I haven't had any drop calls. Earpiece volume could stand a boost (I'll fix that after rooting).

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

Look, I love my Note 4, but "There's always people that complain about everything," is really not a good excuse. The Note 4 lags from time to time. That's just an objective fact.

That's just false. Again, I love my Note 4. But there is lag from time to time on the phone. Every time you pull up recent apps for example, it lags. Every. Time.
That is just your experience.

In my experience, with my phone, I get none of those things.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

OP, if your last experience with a Samsung phone was the S3, I would say you need to let go of some preconceived notions about the Note 4.

You sound pretty demanding of your devices, so letting go might help you avoid unrealistic expectations.

You've been able to disable bloat apps for the most part since the S4 generation.

TW, while it is not without its faults, has steadily improved with each successive generation of the Galaxy series.

But you can always use Nova prime if TW is still not to your liking.

I have been through the TW misery, and I have seen laggy buggy galaxy devices that not even root could save.

I have been extremely pleased with the performance of my Note 4. I am not rooted, I am only running Nova Prime. I was not disappointed with the performance of TW, surpsingly enough. I just wanted a few more customization options.

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site

Ah, it was in standby for three days, barely awake for three days. Yeah, no one cares. Just like I don't care about how you feel about my attitude. I did indeed get the help I needed, from people in this various thread. The Galaxy White Knights, like you, just complained about me, flaming their precious Samsuck.

Other people answered questions, and I am grateful. See how that worked?

I honestly didn't even wanna bother pointing this out but it's so blatant I couldn't resist. Did you even LOOK at the awake stats? Do you know how to read battery stats at all? I'm not really asking cause your reply already told me but I had to point it out. Your smug arrogance is so misplaced it's almost laughable.

Not everyone has the same experience with their phones. Funnily I didn't think I had to point out this fact, but I guess some people just need a bit more "help" than others.

It's also funny how you actually admit that you're flaming "Samsuck" and yet you're also defensive about people complaining about your attitude. You come to a forum section dedicated to a Samsung phone and proceed to flame the brand. What other reaction did you think you were gonna get? Use your head dude, holy crap.

Last edited:

George Mao

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site

Yeah. he looked. He means screen on time -- The phone was on 7, maybe 8 times in 3+ days. That's impossible usage for 90% of people. The screens essentially show nothing but a phone sitting in wifi standby for 3 days.

What I wanna know is what apps are actually supported by the multitasking feature? Is there a list somewhere?

Last edited:

George Mao

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site

Nexus 6 quad hd display hmm mm didn't know that's substandard but hey note 4 is bad [language] I do wish I would have waited for the nexus 6 or would have just went with the g3 but it's bad [language] fast etc...throw nova on it and call it a day

Marketing trickery with "quad hd" is all that is.
The N6 screen benchmarks like previous generation AMOLED screens -- Colors, saturation, brightness, accuracy, etc. All of it are substandard to current gen AMOLED screens (ie. Note 4). Look at both phones side by side and you'll see the Note4 has a better screen in every way possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze