Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Hate Touch Whiz, but I like this phone.....HALP!?!?!?!?

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm 100% okay with anyone using whatever term they want, as long as they don't expect me to laugh and tell them they're funny/original/likeable.

This thread should not exist until the day comes where someone is forcing us to buy things against our will. Until that day, I just don't see the point of giving a company my money if I so desperately despise them, and accuse anyone who likes them of being a fanboy or whatever other name I choose. There's too many other great options out there. If something that one company offers is enough to compel me to get it, even more so than any other device? Then clearly they aren't near as bad as I so desperately want to convince myself that they are.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Folks, I noticed some of the posts in this thread are getting rude. Its fine to express your personal opinion on the thread topic.Its not cool to start personal attacks.Stay on topic. Thanks
Remember:
Be polite. We ask that you keep your language clean and polite.
Be understanding and patient. You may be a power user or developer, but the person you’re talking to on the other end may be a complete newbie. Be patient, and provide all details possible if you’re posting about a problem (descriptive thread title always helps).
Be a pro. Don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If someone responds in a poor or rude fashion, ignore it. If you notice a pattern of rude or poor behavior from a particular member, report them to our moderators. If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all. In a nutshell, ‘think before you post’.
Be attentive and helpful. Answer questions in a timely manner when you can, and provide thoughts and suggestions that might lead to the solution of a members’ problem.

Last edited:

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I actually agree with some of the later comments of the OP. I'm not a fan of the denigration of Samsung products, but who am I or anyone else for that matter to tell him that he is wrong for his beliefs about Samsung or what he says about the company's products? I also believe that the names others have called him are more egregious. Either way it is the internet / forum culture. You need alligator skin before entering. And we all need a level of tolerance and acceptance of the opinions of others. And this thread ultimately proved not to be the efforts of a troll because he ended up buying or will buy a Note 4. He will see or maybe has already seen that Samsuck is actually Samtastic!

Note in my house!

Hey thank you! I expected to get beat worse than I did. Samsung fans tend to be rabid. I am serious about the Note 4 though, it's beautiful.

naira1

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Just one question though, when people say the recent app lags what exactly do they mean? Is it that 1-2 sec it takes for the app to come up? It's not like scrolling is slow or stuttering. So I find it hard to justify some of the critics of TW.. Agreed it's not the best skin around but it certainly is much better in the N4 compared to my S4.
I think once a few people started harping about how sluggish and lag infested TW is, others just joined the bandwagon..
Common sense tells me nothing is perfect and this phone is certainly not perfect but it's one of the best phone of 2014 and I can live with a 2 sec lag if that's the sacrifice I've to make. So everybody let's leave Samsuck and concentrate on the Noterock aspect of our lives....

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Just one question though, when people say the recent app lags what exactly do they mean? Is it that 1-2 sec it takes for the app to come up? It's not like scrolling is slow or stuttering. So I find it hard to justify some of the critics of TW.. Agreed it's not the best skin around but it certainly is much better in the N4 compared to my S4.
I think once a few people started harping about how sluggish and lag infested TW is, others just joined the bandwagon..
Common sense tells me nothing is perfect and this phone is certainly not perfect but it's one of the best phone of 2014 and I can live with a 2 sec lag if that's the sacrifice I've to make. So everybody let's leave Samsuck and concentrate on the Noterock aspect of our lives....

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
That's exactly what people are referring to when they say hitting the recent button lags. I don't mind it. And it isn't even 2 seconds. It's just not instant, but it shouldn't have to be. I believe that people criticized Touch Wiz a longtime ago and people just never got over it. There is nothing gross looking about Touch Wiz. It isn't slow like people claim. And it is the most feature packed software that any manufacturer has released. We need to have a little perspective. I'm sure if we stripped all of the cool features away, it will be a fraction of a second faster and then be just as snappy and boring as all the other devices.

Nothing but Note! A little rim, some backboard, but mostly Note!