05-31-2015 10:24 AM
29 12
tools
    Thanks, DynoMikeR. I've been going crazy in the two days since i got my N4 - everytime it would go into a dead zone, the signal wouldn't come back until i restarted the phone. But this advice is exactly what was wrong with it, and now it's working great! And I didn't even have to spend half my day on the phone with customer support at Verizon.
    04-27-2015 07:53 AM
    Thanks, DynoMikeR. I've been going crazy in the two days since i got my N4 - everytime it would go into a dead zone, the signal wouldn't come back until i restarted the phone. But this advice is exactly what was wrong with it, and now it's working great! And I didn't even have to spend half my day on the phone with customer support at Verizon.
    Happy to share what I found. Glad it worked out for you as well.
    04-27-2015 09:23 AM
    Thank you so much. I though it was just an issue in my house only 2 bars all the time. Worse if I'm in certain rooms. Finally googled and found this. I switched from Global to the LTE/CDMA and now I have all my bars!
    05-31-2015 01:16 AM
    I have the same on mine. I don't have as good a signal as on my N3, but that was on AT&T. When I had my Note 2 on Verizon, getting about the same on my Note 4. So for me it's just worse on Verizon. I get 4 bars usually and no problems with getting LTE and sometimes as low as 1 or 2 bars at home, but still LTE and no dropped calls or internet. I'm just ignoring it like I did on my N2. It just gets me ticked that Verizon advertises these super fast XLTE speeds and better coverage, and I've never noticed that with my N4. I got the same speeds on my Note 2 which wasn't an XLTE phone if I remember right. I'm in a 4GLTE area with XLTE capabilities too. It's fine though, the speeds I get aren't slow.

It's Verizon though, so since I refuse to pay what AT&T wants for the Note 4, I'm going to see what my Data usage is next month. If it's high, I'm going to either try My Verizon N4 on T-Mobile where I can get more or Unlimited Data for almost the same price as the next Data package up on Verizon, or Sell my Verizon N4 and get a N4 on T-Mobile. Hopefully I will have less data usage next month and will just stay with Verizon.
    I agree, the whole point of the phone is to be able to make and receive calls and not have them dropped wherever you are. My Note 4 does that on Verizon not only in dense cell tower areas but also where if there is going to be any signal it will be Verizon.
    Interestingly, in trying changing from global to LTE/CMDA at my home location I get exactly the same radio signal strength readings.
    05-31-2015 10:24 AM
29 12