I purchased a Tenergy USB Adaptive Fast Charger from eBay (Tenergy USB Adaptive Fast Charger w Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 2 0 Technology | eBay) for $19.99 and it works great with my Note 4. Charges as fast as the Samsung charger that came with the phone. It can charge any phone, but charges faster with phones that take advantage of the quick-charge feature. It has an LED that's blue for "normal" charging, and green for "fast" charging.

Fast Charger-_57.jpg
    11-15-2014 09:52 PM
    Nice!
    11-15-2014 10:08 PM
    I purchased a Tenergy USB Adaptive Fast Charger from eBay (Tenergy USB Adaptive Fast Charger w Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 2 0 Technology | eBay) for $19.99 and it works great with my Note 4. Charges as fast as the Samsung charger that came with the phone. It can charge any phone, but charges faster with phones that take advantage of the quick-charge feature. It has an LED that's blue for "normal" charging, and green for "fast" charging.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$_57.JPG 
Views:	115 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	148342
    Does it give the "Adaptive Fast Charging" notification when connected?

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-15-2014 10:26 PM
    I just ordered this recently and LOVE it. Especially for the price.

Attached Thumbnails Fast Charger-screenshot_2014-11-15-21-23-22.jpg  
    11-15-2014 10:27 PM
    Does it give the "Adaptive Fast Charging" notification when connected?

Yes, the LED indicator changes color - blue for normal charging; green for adaptive fast charging.
    11-16-2014 08:25 AM
    I could be wrong, but the listing doesn't indicate that it supports the Qualcomm 2.0 spec - which is what the Note 4 uses. If it's the older "fast charging" spec, it's not the same.
    11-16-2014 08:29 AM
    TaterMay is asking if it gives notification on your phone like the original one.

Posted via Samsung Galaxy Note® 4
    11-16-2014 09:39 AM
    The Note 4 does indicate "Fast charger connected" on the status bar when the charger is first connected.
    11-16-2014 10:02 AM
    Looks like a great deal. Just ordered one of the 2 port ones here and ordered one of their 5 port also at slightly more. Has two fast charge and three regular charge ports for $19.95.
    11-16-2014 10:29 AM
    Looks like a great deal. Just ordered one of the 2 port ones here and ordered one of their 5 port also at slightly more. Has two fast charge and three regular charge ports for $19.95.
    Just be aware that there are (at least) TWO different "fast charge" specs. The Note 4 uses the Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 spec. Not all "quick" chargers are the same. Quick Charge 2.0 works with Snapdragon 800, 600 and 400 series processors. (see https://www.qualcomm.com/products/sn...n/quick-charge)

Fast Charger-quick-charge-battery-fill_0.png
    11-16-2014 10:37 AM
    I could be wrong, but the listing doesn't indicate that it supports the Qualcomm 2.0 spec - which is what the Note 4 uses. If it's the older "fast charging" spec, it's not the same.
    Yea, mine doesn't support the adaptive fast charging, which is probably the reason for the cheaper price. It does support 2.4A per output, though, which is plenty for me. I am about to do a controlled comparison of it versus the Samsung charger to see just how much of a time difference the AFC makes. Just out of curiosity. I bought that charger when I had an iPhone 5, so it was actually overkill then.

11-16-2014 01:19 PM
    I've tried 5 times now to do a very simple timed battery percentage charge test comparing the charge speed of the Samsung AFC charger that came with the Note 4(9V @ 1.67A or 5V @ 2A) to the $12 iXCC charger(maxes out at 2.4A as long as only one device is connected) I got from Amazon. Unfortunately, the stopwatch on this phone is INCREDIBLY glitchy. Every time I finish and check the time, it has reset the stopwatch. So now I'm trying with an external timer. Just out of curiosity, really. Does anyone see any holes in the logic of my experiment? I figure I'll just get the battery down to 10%, connect it as soon as it hits 10%, then disconnect and stop the timer the moment it hits 50%. Then I'll do a 10-100% test when I have more time to get a more accurate measurement. Also, it seems to me like the 2.4A charger would charge faster than the AFC charger, seeing as it is listed at 2A maximum current, right? Or is there another variable I am not considering?

11-16-2014 07:01 PM

I got the same one but white. lol
    11-16-2014 07:15 PM
    I got the same one but white. lol
    I love it. I'm almost done comparing the two. I don't believe the AFC charger will actually be much faster, if any, than ours. I believe the AFC technology is there to improve(not degrade, which tends to happen the faster you charge a battery) the cycle life of the battery while providing a higher current.

11-16-2014 09:04 PM
    Went 5% battery to 60% battery with both my $12 Amazon charger and the AFC charger included with the phone. Used Samsung cable for both, and kept all device settings the same. The catch is that while the $12 charger was charging, Dropbox was secretly uploading a bazillion pictures and videos for me. Even so, they had near identical charging times, leading me to believe that the 2.4A charger is indeed slightly faster than the AFC charger. Nothing conclusive though, as this wasn't the most controlled experiment ever performed. Haha.

11-17-2014 08:33 PM