note 4 regret!?

steelrain82

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
So I just purchased my note 4 (2yr contract). While this camera and screen are great, here is something wrong. I get home and start playing around with the phone and i realize the key pad is bothering me. And so are some of the ways the capacitive buttons work. I really like how my note 2 is working and the keyboard layout. Even webpages I visit seem to be better on my note 2.

Did anyone else have this problem. I kind of feel a little buyers remorse in getting the note 4. Hopefully this is something I will grow out of during my 14 days with it. I was so excited and now i kind of feel let down.

Posted via the Android Central App

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
So I just purchased my note 4 (2yr contract). While this camera and screen are great, here is something wrong. I get home and start playing around with the phone and i realize the key pad is bothering me. And so are some of the ways the capacitive buttons work. I really like how my note 2 is working and the keyboard layout. Even webpages I visit seem to be better on my note 2.

Did anyone else have this problem. I kind of feel a little buyers remorse in getting the note 4. Hopefully this is something I will grow out of during my 14 days with it. I was so excited and now i kind of feel let down.

I guess I'm not understanding your complaints about the keyboard layout and the webpages. Maybe you can expound on your points? From my personal experience, the Note 4 is a lot better than the Note 3 and leaps ahead of the Note 2.

Scribbled from the mighty pen of my Galaxy Note 4!

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
What do you mean web pages look better?

To answer your question, sort of only because I feel like Samsung screwed me. I bought the Note 4 because there were reports that the Edge will be delayed up here until early 2015, something to do with LTE. IDK, can't remember. Now a few days ago I read it's coming by the end of November!?!? I hope it's not true, I'm not ready to lose $100+ after paying for it outright at $900 (includes taxes) just a few weeks ago.

steelrain82

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Ok let me try and say this a little better. I feel like the keyboard is better on the note 2 than on the 4. I feel like the letters are bigger and closer together on the stock keyboard. I just like the layout better.

When I am on forums the layout looks squished and for some reason on the n4. As if the text were larger or something. And on the no I feel like the layout is a little better, the text looks normal too me on the n2. I'm thinking it's just an adjustment period.

Lambertoid

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Download a new key bord that's one issue fixed but I do however think we'll a g3 would have worked great for me

Kim G

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I think that it's always a little bit "strange" jumping from one phone to another. You probably had your Note 2 set exactly to your preferences. Try and see if changing the settings in your Note 4 browser works...You have a choice of Two after all..Chrome and Samsungs own. I can't help thinking that with a little tinkering, you could get things just as you like them. I have the N3 and got an N4 too and of course there are going to be things on your N4 that you miss from your N2....only natural, but not insurmountable. Again as someone else has said that, there are always 3rd party keyboards. I for one love the keyboard on the N4 over the N3 but then I never had an N2....phew!..that was a lot of N's. I have a Nexus 4 and love the keyboard on that. I think that it's a question of adapting sometimes. Good luck (by the way, I for one think that you've made a great decision and have a fantastic phone:).

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean web pages look better?

To answer your question, sort of only because I feel like Samsung screwed me. I bought the Note 4 because there were reports that the Edge will be delayed up here until early 2015, something to do with LTE. IDK, can't remember. Now a few days ago I read it's coming by the end of November!?!? I hope it's not true, I'm not ready to lose $100+ after paying for it outright at $900 (includes taxes) just a few weeks ago.
Edge can be bought now

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I love my note 4, my only "regret" is that I feel like I don't use the S-Pen and could have possibly been fine with a cheaper phone (G3 or S5 or something).

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I love my note 4, my only "regret" is that I feel like I don't use the S-Pen and could have possibly been fine with a cheaper phone (G3 or S5 or something).
If you don't use the S-pen then the Note 4 isn't much different than the other phablets on the market. The differentiator is the S-pen.

Scribbled from the mighty pen of my Galaxy Note 4!