I have had a few samsung devices, last one being the Note 3.
    Each of them would pop and say WIFI Not Connected every few minutes while sitting 8 feet away from my wireless router that is rock solid.

I have had 1000 (sarcasm) phones and not one has ever had this issue other than the samsung phones.
    All samsung phones I have owned have had this issue.

Has this been fixed yet? I want the Note 4 but if this is still an issue, I won't even try the phone.

Also KNOX. on all the of samsungs I have owned, the phone would pop up KNOX or some security crap saying something along the lines that some app was trying to access this or that. Its been a while so I can remember what that was all about.
    Has KNOX been fixed to not pop up 5 times a day?

Has samsung given a Date RANGE for Android 5.0 for Note 4? like have they said "within 90 days" etc?

Sorry, I know 3 questions all over the place, just trying to see if issues have been fixed, and I was considering waiting to buy it After 5.0 is released for it.
    Thanks.
    11-16-2014 04:57 PM
    Samsung + AT&T or Samsung + Verizon = Knox.

Knox = not me the next time I need a phone. (Not so much because of Knox - that can be removed - but because Samsung phones with Knox have the bootloader locked.) If HTC comes out with a phone with a removeable battery and a developer edition, that's my next phone.
    11-16-2014 05:02 PM
    I have experienced the wifi issues you describe on previous Samsung phones but have not had any issues with the Note 4. For me it has connected to any wifi wherever I've been without any problems. As for the Knox pop ups, again I know what you're talking about, had that too with previous samsung phones but not this time with the Note 4. Lastly, the upgrade for 5.0 is anybody's guess but the time tables that I've seen published on some other sites puts most US carriers in the first quarter of next year. Again, that's anybody's guess, I have not seen anything official from Samsung. Maybe somebody else has better info on that.

Rukbat - As a side note, there is a developer edition listed as available for Verizon's network. Specs indicate it has Knox but according to reports the boot loader is unlockable. I'm on AT&T so that doesn't help me much.
    mayconvert likes this.
    11-16-2014 05:24 PM
    No issues for me but I don't run knox. I should though but I don't lol.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    11-16-2014 10:59 PM
    Rukbat - As a side note, there is a developer edition listed as available for Verizon's network. Specs indicate it has Knox but according to reports the boot loader is unlockable. I'm on AT&T so that doesn't help me much.
    I'm on AT&T also, and the battery is still unremoveable without at least a screw driver - which doesn't help much during thermal runaway, and is annoying, ay least, when you run out of battery in the middle of the day and want to swap in the spare.

And by the time I'm ready to retire the Note 3, HTC will probably have the M12 out.
    11-16-2014 11:27 PM