02-26-2015 09:20 PM
155 1234 ...
tools
    Photos are decent on the Note 4 but a lot of photos taken come out over saturated vs the iPhone 6+'s camera. I also miss the consistency of the iPhone camera as well.
    11-17-2014 03:23 PM
    Right now I am currently missing the ability to make separate photo albums for different photo's, but I think I can figure out a solution to that hopefully. Also, the banner ads in the apps are so annoying and I don't remember having this problem with my I Phone. If I can get these annoyances worked out then I think I will not really miss the I Phone.
    11-17-2014 03:50 PM
    I've had iPhones since they were introduced....went from a 5s to Note 4 because of a few reasons...
    work buddies who were Android guys kept on me, on a 6+ waiting list forever!! ( here in Canada)
    and lastly I went into my local Apple store 29 times no associate ever came over and asked if they could help...
    Since I have a iMac, iPad air,Macbook Pro and iPhone.....guess that bugged me a little

Love the Note 4....just getting use to the Android way and the size of the phone!!! wow!
    I wish I could transfer my iPhone text messages over....I few I really wanted to keep
    I have them backed up on my Macbook.......But generally happy with the Note 4
    once I get use to the system I'm sure I'll be happier....
    ... One thing..I had to jailbreak all my iPhones to be happy...
    all I did was use a different launcher with the Note......would like to try a Root one day... :-)
    crawfojj and dc52ltr like this.
    11-17-2014 03:59 PM
    iMessage, iMessage, and iMessage.

That is the best part about iOS that people do not talk about enough (I understand that that is an oxymoron).
    11-17-2014 04:11 PM
    mostly imessage, the camera and facetime. that's about it.

iphone has always been superior in the camera.. most androids cameras are worth the price of the phone itself. (a ~$200 iphone will have a better camera than a ~$200 android) though lately most android companies have been going hard in making nice products.

i've mostly had samsung androids which im not a huge fan of at all.. but LG, Google & HTC have really proven themselves.
    11-17-2014 05:26 PM
    Not really. I have an HTC One M8 and a Moto X 2014 but now I'm mainly using the Moto X as the daily driver. I love the amoled screen and the size is pefect for me. The screen real estate is slightly bigger than the HTC One M8 and I like the richer colors that amoled screens provide. The only thing that is missing from the Moto X 2014 is the memory expansion capability. Other than that, I wouldn't trade it for my previous iPhone 5S nor a new iPhone 6.

All the apps I use on a regular basis are available on android and I was able to get my music and videos saved from my itunes account so i can load them on my Moto X or M8 as I need.

In short....no going back for me and no regrets!
    crawfojj likes this.
    11-17-2014 06:21 PM
    I'm torn because there are still times I need my iPad air out w clients and miss the ability to just check my texts and imesaage on my iPad.
    My goal w note 4 was to not carry 2 devices my 5s and iPad air.
    First world problems I know

Posted via the Android Central App on my Note 4
    11-17-2014 07:11 PM
    I've only had my Note 4 for 2 days so I'm not sure what else I'll miss from my iPhone 5, or what features I will discover soon that will solve any problems I have. But so far I miss the ability to just swipe anywhere on the screen forward or back on a webpage instead of using arrows, the quick swipe up shortcut for a flashlight, and the ability to have separate notification sounds for texts and emails/FB notifications.

iOS is smooth and fast without a doubt, and nothing will match their software/hardware integration or their app selection (yet) but so far the Note is plenty fast and smooth for me. Plus, I found that I didn't use any of the non-Android apps nearly as much as I thought I would, and I was tired of running out of space and unwilling to spend $100 per storage upgrade.

I'm also an artist who loves the fact that I now have a portable, digital sketchbook. When it comes down to it, a phone is a phone - they all make calls/texts, surf the web and play games. Nothing besides interface, speed and build quality really separates one smartphone over another, but the fact that the Note has a pen makes it different in so many ways. I may be speaking way too soon but I forsee myself being a Samsung Note owner from now on.
    11-18-2014 12:53 AM
    I've had iPhones since they were introduced....went from a 5s to Note 4 because of a few reasons...
    work buddies who were Android guys kept on me, on a 6+ waiting list forever!! ( here in Canada)
    and lastly I went into my local Apple store 29 times no associate ever came over and asked if they could help...
    Since I have a iMac, iPad air,Macbook Pro and iPhone.....guess that bugged me a little

Love the Note 4....just getting use to the Android way and the size of the phone!!! wow!
    I wish I could transfer my iPhone text messages over....I few I really wanted to keep
    I have them backed up on my Macbook.......But generally happy with the Note 4
    once I get use to the system I'm sure I'll be happier....
    ... One thing..I had to jailbreak all my iPhones to be happy...
    all I did was use a different launcher with the Note......would like to try a Root one day... :-)
    Samsung smart switch will transfer all your sms, notes, contacts etc, i transferred over 20 k sms from iPhone.
    11-18-2014 02:30 AM
    I miss some of the gaming apps. GT Racing 2 was optimized for the iPhone 6 Plus that I owned and the graphics were amazing .Games for Android haven't been updated yet to support the 1440 p resolution yet so games don't look as crisp, but when they do, watch out. The iPhone 6 Plus was awesome, but I love my Note 4. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Scribbled from the mighty pen of my Galaxy Note 4!
    crawfojj and dc52ltr like this.
    11-18-2014 04:24 AM
    Samsung smart switch will transfer all your sms, notes, contacts etc, i transferred over 20 k sms from iPhone.
    Thanks...I tried that, Smart Switch said my messages were transferred however none showed up on my Note 4 ???
    any ideas with that ?
    11-18-2014 06:17 AM
    Thanks...I tried that, Smart Switch said my messages were transferred however none showed up on my Note 4 ???
    any ideas with that ?
    This happens if you close the smart switch from background, also once the transfer starts you will see the percentage bar in notification center, don't close smart switch until that's 100%.

Deepening upon how many sms you have, stock message will lag a lot, i recommend using textra or google messenger app, also in stock app uncheck delete old message else your message will del after that threshold.
    11-18-2014 06:44 AM
    I have been a iPhone user since the first one was released. Ever since then I have made sure that I had the "latest and greatest iPhone"; always upgraded to the newest one. However I recently got sick of iPhone not doing what they claim to do, which is "innovate".

I decided to part with the iPhone and purchase the Note 4. It was a very difficult decision due to the fact that apple had me on "lock". With two mac pros, a imac, ipad, time capsule; it was very difficult to make the decision to finally introduce a samsung product to the current line up. I made the move I went from the iphone 5s to the Note 4 and not one single regret. I absolutely love the Note! Now its the big decision to root or not to root.
    crawfojj likes this.
    11-18-2014 06:52 AM
    I have been a iPhone user since the first one was released. Ever since then I have made sure that I had the "latest and greatest iPhone"; always upgraded to the newest one. However I recently got sick of iPhone not doing what they claim to do, which is "innovate".

I decided to part with the iPhone and purchase the Note 4. It was a very difficult decision due to the fact that apple had me on "lock". With two mac pros, a imac, ipad, time capsule; it was very difficult to make the decision to finally introduce a samsung product to the current line up. I made the move I went from the iphone 5s to the Note 4 and not one single regret. I absolutely love the Note! Now its the big decision to root or not to root.
    There is pro's & Cons to rooting but for the most part it's all good if you want to customize your Note to your liking.

I am currently on Echo Rom & AEL 4.1 kernel and this Note of mine is ready for liftoff.

It's really upto you how far you want to go but once you flash a custom rom you can't receive Official updates.

This doesn't bother me as I far more enjoy what the great devs over at Xda cook up.

Glad your liking your Note 4 :-)

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-18-2014 06:59 AM
    This happens if you close the smart switch from background, also once the transfer starts you will see the percentage bar in notification center, don't close smart switch until that's 100%.

Deepening upon how many sms you have, stock message will lag a lot, i recommend using textra or google messenger app, also in stock app uncheck delete old message else your message will del after that threshold.
    I'll try that again.....I have tried several times....it takes a while and I only check the message box only when I transfer...
    I use Chomp for text message.....Still trying different apps....didn't really like Google Messenger, too plain like stock iPhone

Also I'm looking into a Root....maybe.....saw the FireKat root over at XDA....looks great
    Not sure I have the skills to install it??
    11-18-2014 07:35 AM
    I'll try that again.....I have tried several times....it takes a while and I only check the message box only when I transfer...
    I use Chomp for text message.....Still trying different apps....didn't really like Google Messenger, too plain like stock iPhone

Also I'm looking into a Root....maybe.....saw the FireKat root over at XDA....looks great
    Not sure I have the skills to install it??
    Yes chomp is good too, same developer. I moved to S5 from iphone 5s and had rooted, my advice play with phone as note 4 is a beast even without root so i haven't done it on this and will prob do after lollipop.

it's too easy to mess up things when rooted, i somehow managed to mess up my Modem and it won't scan any wifi only saved ones. Each to their own, root is good as you have lots of functionality like app ops and customization , roms etc, proceed with caution. enjoy it is a beautiful phone!
    11-18-2014 08:07 AM
    Photos are decent on the Note 4 but a lot of photos taken come out over saturated vs the iPhone 6+'s camera. I also miss the consistency of the iPhone camera as well.
    I think the screen on the note 4 may have a pretty big influence on the saturation of the photos. I'm not an expert, but when I take the photos and video from my note and view them on the computer they may be a little more saturated than normal, but I don't think that its over saturated. But taste plays a big part of it too!
    11-18-2014 08:13 AM
    Not recent but being a Mac user obviously I missed not being able to play iTunes purchases.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
    11-18-2014 08:24 AM
    Not trying to stir the pot here, as I love the note 4 and I'm keeping it...

But a simple conclusion I have to come too, and this is obviously subjective...

The note 4 does much more than the iphone can, but the iphone does what they can both do better.

11-18-2014 10:08 AM
    Not trying to stir the pot here, as I love the note 4 and I'm keeping it...

But a simple conclusion I have to come too, and this is obviously subjective...

The note 4 does much more than the iphone can, but the iphone does what they can both do better.

That depends on what you are referring to. Third party keyboards, background processing, taking picturesand video are things that both devices do and I would not say that the iPhone does them better. It does do somethings better, but not everything.

11-18-2014 10:20 AM
    That depends on what you are referring to. Third party keyboards, background processing, taking picturesand video are things that both devices do and I would not say that the iPhone does them better. It does do somethings better, but not everything.

Agreed...I worded that wrong, not everything...but a good portion of universal things.

11-18-2014 10:31 AM
    Backup and COMPLETE restore of apps, passwords, and data <- miss that.
    11-18-2014 10:57 AM
    iMessage, iMessage, and iMessage.

That is the best part about iOS that people do not talk about enough (I understand that that is an oxymoron).
    I never had an IPhone so I'm curious about what makes imessage so good ?

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.
    11-18-2014 11:37 AM
    Overall I love the phone, and have no intention of switching back to an iphone, or any other phone...but there are a few things I miss.

First and most important is the camera, mainly the low light.

Second, this may sound dumb..but the way you copy and paste text on the iphone is much easier. Not that it's hard on the note, but it's def not as easy, especially one handing it.

Texting (predictive text) drives me off the wall. I hated auto correct until I tried this lol.

Overall I find ios to be more intuitive as a whole, that's where the simplicity is their greatest asset.

Obviously with all that comes the obvious trade offs...

Huh didn't you have an article saying your going back to iPhone?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    11-18-2014 11:53 AM
    I miss using one app, iTunes, to manage music, backups and app updates. I know everyone is moving to cloud backups, just liked having an app that managed that for all iOS devices. I also find that some apps on android require an internet connection in order to work (many games). Same apps on the iPhone did not. PITA! Wurdle is one, can't use it on a plane unless the plane has wifi. Don't know why there is a difference. Other than that, there is nothing I miss. Will never go back to a closed system. I like the android freedom and the ability to control your experience.
    God I hate iTunes and I even own an iPad. So clunky and can't even delete "other" off my iPad

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    11-18-2014 11:55 AM
155 1234 ...