02-26-2015 10:20 PM
155 12345 ...
tools
    We all can change our minds.

Scribbled from the mighty pen of my Galaxy Note 4!
    11-18-2014 12:56 PM
    I never had an IPhone so I'm curious about what makes imessage so good ?

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.
    You don't need to own a phone to use it. I have an iPad and cellular version so I can text anybody I know who has an ios device and I believe anybody with osx. I was actually without a phone for about 28 hours and used that to text people who I didn't have on contacts with Google hangouts

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    11-18-2014 12:57 PM

iMessage was consistent and worked in areas with no cellular reception but WiFi. I remember putting my iPhone in airplane mode then turning on WiFi so I could avoid my ex who had an Android at the time but could still receive iMessages from my friends. Plus the read receipts were a bonus. None of my friends have WhatsApp so I am stuck sending old school SMS to everyone, including my Android people. Sigh. Definitely miss iMessage.
    11-18-2014 12:58 PM
    Yes chomp is good too, same developer. I moved to S5 from iphone 5s and had rooted, my advice play with phone as note 4 is a beast even without root so i haven't done it on this and will prob do after lollipop.

it's too easy to mess up things when rooted, i somehow managed to mess up my Modem and it won't scan any wifi only saved ones. Each to their own, root is good as you have lots of functionality like app ops and customization , roms etc, proceed with caution. enjoy it is a beautiful phone!
    Good advice....I just like tinkering too much.....Jailbreak on a iPhone was easy...one click.....Rooting
    well is completely different. I definitely want to learn more about it before I try it.
    Or find someone who knows and watch them....
    in the time being I'll play with it and my Aviate launcher.....
    11-18-2014 01:07 PM

It can send video and MMS at full quality versus using MMS through the carrier which will downgrade the quality.
    11-18-2014 01:09 PM
    Overall I love the phone, and have no intention of switching back to an iphone, or any other phone...but there are a few things I miss.

First and most important is the camera, mainly the low light.

Second, this may sound dumb..but the way you copy and paste text on the iphone is much easier. Not that it's hard on the note, but it's def not as easy, especially one handing it.

Texting (predictive text) drives me off the wall. I hated auto correct until I tried this lol.

Overall I find ios to be more intuitive as a whole, that's where the simplicity is their greatest asset.

Obviously with all that comes the obvious trade offs...

Posted via the Android Central App
    Are you using the different modes on the camera?? Turning HDR on? Smart stabilization?

Have you tried using SwiftKey, as opposed to the stock keyboard?? IMO it blows all the other keyboards away!

For copy and paste have you used the S-Pen?
    sqa4life likes this.
    11-18-2014 03:22 PM
    Huh didn't you have an article saying your going back to iPhone?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    No...never said that once lol

11-18-2014 05:11 PM
    Are you using the different modes on the camera?? Turning HDR on? Smart stabilization?

Have you tried using SwiftKey, as opposed to the stock keyboard?? IMO it blows all the other keyboards away!
    Does SwiftKey have Swype?
    11-18-2014 05:17 PM
    i don't have a note 4 but i'm going from android to iphone 6 and i miss double tap and slide up or down to zoom. Its one handed zooming done right.
    11-18-2014 06:34 PM
    I miss the calender app icon actually showing the date and not just "31"
    11-18-2014 07:14 PM
    Note4 is my first Android device after many years of iPhones, and I'm loving it, I haven't even used my iPad2 in the weeks since I've had the Note4 since it's big enough for web surfing and the screen is awesome.

The only iOS things I miss are imessage and the 3 finger swipe shortcut to go back to last app... I've tried to find a similar shortcut on Touchwiz or Nova Prime but not spotted one yet, if anyone knows a "switch to last app" shortcut, let me know, thnx.
    11-18-2014 11:24 PM
    I miss the calender app icon actually showing the date and not just "31"
    I use it as my Date Widget for iPad Air LTE & mini 3 LTE. LOL
    11-19-2014 12:07 AM
    I've only had my Note 4 for 2 days so I'm not sure what else I'll miss from my iPhone 5, or what features I will discover soon that will solve any problems I have. But so far I miss the ability to just swipe anywhere on the screen forward or back on a webpage instead of using arrows, the quick swipe up shortcut for a flashlight, and the ability to have separate notification sounds for texts and emails/FB notifications.
    I agree with you 100% here man. At first I didn't like the back. Button. I was so used to the swiping forward and back. Now honestly I've gotten used to it and I like it a lot. Whenever I'm using my dad's 6 plus I find myself pressing where the back button is on my note 4 and being like, damn it's not there lol.

11-19-2014 12:13 AM
    Does SwiftKey have Swype?
    Sure does!
    11-19-2014 12:17 AM
    Yes better audio streaming no glitches and a better over all experience on all DJ apps... well I do have an iPad for that...
    Other than that NO!
    11-19-2014 03:58 AM
    If you start typing the word and it shows up in the "selection" bar, just press and hold and an option to have it removed from the learned words will show up.

Attached Thumbnails Samsung Galaxy Note 4 All the recent iPhone converts...do you miss anything?-screenshot_2014-11-19-11-43-39.jpg  
    11-19-2014 01:44 PM
    Finally found a black Note 4 after searching everywhere and got luck with a Best Buy Mobile just receiving some the morning I called them. I switched from the 6 plus and do not regret the switch. The Note offers so much more and fits me a lot better. Also, I feel that the Note serves better as a business phone, to me at least.
    11-19-2014 02:16 PM
    I miss being able to tap the status bar when inside a web browser to auto-scroll to the very top of the page. Very handy feature.

Also on my jailbroken iPhone I also disabled the security lock whenever I was on my home wifi and so far I have not been able to replicate this functionality on the Note 4. I tried some tasker stuff but so far have not gotten it to work.
    11-19-2014 03:39 PM
    Iphone is for people that don't like to customize their phone to their hearts content. Keep it simple. Android is for people that like to customize everything about their phones, larger more vivid screens, adding endless cheap storage with sd cards, removable battery and many more features to list here. No innovation with Apple (See the Note Edge) its the same thing every year with a slight speed bump. But the Apple fans eat them up because of the simplicity of them. For the record I have yet to see anyone with a Note 4 where I live or even an Iphone 6+.
    I think the iPhone is for people in one of two categories: those that need something simple to operate and those who don't want to do any futzing around with their phone oh and maybe one more, young people who don't want or need to do much more than text/talk and use apps occasionally. My daughter is in the last group. She never gets anything but iPhones but all she cares about is texting for the most part. She uses the apps but probably just quick in and outs. These are the people who need little if any interaction between apps or with special phone features and who are perfectly happy with that. I on the other hand, like to get as much out of my phone as it is capable of giving. I rarely go on my computer these days unless I have to type a lot or print/scan something. In the past when I've tried an iPhone, I thought it worked well enough but in very short order it just bored me to tears. I need to be able to futz and I need to be able to do a lot of things that iPhone simply doesn't do. Now? I hate the new look of the iPhone. It's no longer iconic looking (the one thing I actually did like). I even prefer Windows phones with their live tiles to the iPhone. The only thing holding them back is their lack of some key apps. So my question is, why is nothing "innovative" until Apple does it? I think Samsung is always pushing the envelope even if they sometimes fail. The Note Edge is an incredibly cool device regardless of its future.
    Aubbre4 likes this.
    11-19-2014 04:05 PM

It just works man. Like, you don't have to open up a certain app or tell anyone to download anything to use. Most iPhone users don't even understand what iMessage is. They just think that messaging works like that lol.

You can send gifs,photos, videos etc in the same quality over LTE & WIFI. And not to mention receiving and sending via macbook,imac, and iPad.

Also, iOS 8 added options to have the video you sent to automatically delete itself after a couple of minutes. And the other person cannot save it. I believe pictures as well but I may have to double check that. Same thing with audio messages which can be executed within the interface (Just like whatsapp)

So yeah. About 80% of people I know have iPhones. So when I am off of the iOS platform I literally feel like my conversations are limited.

I have been waiting for Android to duplicate iMessage. The hangouts and voice thing is getting better but there is still a lonnnnggggg way to go.
    11-19-2014 04:41 PM
    for those posters who made comments about iPhones not being work devices, I would say I respectfully disagree. I was very productive at work with my iPhone 6 Plus. Now, it isn't the same experience as with my Note 4. I operate differently on my Note 4. But the iPhone is very capable at work.
    raziel likes this.
    11-20-2014 04:41 AM
    I'm so back and forth lol. I don't know what to do. Have the iPhone 6 and do miss Android. Had a few Androids over the last couple years. Just don't want to get rid of my 6 and get the Note and regret it. Like others said, I have many friends with iPhones and iMessage is great. Have many things at home that are Apple and the wife has an iPhone. Just do really miss the freedom with Android and the Note looks like a beast of a phone.
    11-20-2014 07:04 AM
    I was an iPhone user for 6 years and really fretted over whether or not to make the switch. The iPhone experience was great, no real complaints, but I just got bored with it. I knew it would be a steep learning curve to move to Android, but I love customizing and the iPhone was very limited in that arena. My biggest worry was how I would like carrying the big Note 4 in my back pocket, which is where all my iPhones resided. It hasn't been an issue, and with the Gear S on my wrist, I rarely have to take the phone out of my pocket. The two things I miss most about the iPhone:

1. The silence switch on the side of the iPhone.
    2. Notifications on the lock screen.
    11-20-2014 10:29 AM
    My daughter has been an iPhone user for the last 6 years but is now getting ready to pull the trigger on a Galaxy S5 Active along with the Gear 2. I admit I was very surprised by that but while she says she wants to use the watch, I think maybe she's finally just getting tired of the same old thing all the time. iPhone hardware has changed over the years but the OS has maintained is same tired look of icon rows the entire time. It also seems that most of the innovation has been from Samsung. Even if it hasn't always been a hit, they never give up trying new things (see Note Edge). She seems pretty excited about the change. I just hope that after such a long time on iOS that she is prepared to be patient enough to learn Android and give it a fair appraisal.
    godzillinois likes this.
    11-20-2014 11:43 AM
    I'm with you with the text. It's so annoying and I hate when I make a typo and it "learns" it and then it changes to that.
    Other than that I miss very little. Imessage was nice because all my friends have iPhones but that's not a big deal
    I used to say the same thing about Blackberry Messenger, especially when my wife and I both had them for work. I got over it pretty quick when I had to transition away from it.
    11-20-2014 11:45 AM
155 12345 ...