02-26-2015 09:20 PM
155 ... 23456 ...
tools
    I had iphone for the last 6 years from iphone 3g to iphone 5s. I switched 3 weeks ago for the first time to android because I got bored of ios and I wanted something different. I was an apple fan and still have a mac.
    OK now let me tell you what I miss: the app quality (to be honest there is no big difference). The smoothness and finally it works well with my mac. That's it.
    Now let me tell you about I don't miss: 1.note 4, screen is amazing that I even use less my laptop to watch HD movies and TV series and browsing etc...
    2. Able to download torrents.
    3.able to use SD cards
    4. Able to swap battery
    5. Able to really multitask. For example watching a video and do something else at the same time.
    6. S pen. Amazing. Even though I don't use much bit I use it for things I never thought I would use it for.
    7. [redacted]
    8. Real widgets
    9. Finally I see everyone with iphone. I'm different yeah I'm different. People look. Even I have been asked randomly at a Starbucks.

I'm learning something new everyday and it is more fun to use the note 4. It is like using a pc. I feel liberated. Iphone was good back in the day but now it is not the king of smartphones anymore and people like me were using iPhone for longtime because we got used to it and became too comfortable to switch.

Enjoy your real smartphone my friend.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-20-2014 02:02 PM
    I miss the ability to just swipe to go back in almost every app. And to automatically scroll to the top of the page by tapping the status bar. It's baffling that Samsung doesn't implement this. If anyone knows any apps to do these please let me know.
    11-20-2014 04:03 PM
    Coming from a iPhone 5s. I just miss how easy the finger print scanner worked. Loving this phone so far

11-20-2014 05:40 PM
    I miss the ability to just swipe to go back in almost every app. And to automatically scroll to the top of the page by tapping the status bar. It's baffling that Samsung doesn't implement this. If anyone knows any apps to do these please let me know.
    THIS.

Also discovered a few more 'misses' - I miss being able to copy things in Gmail. I have no idea why you can't do this in the Android Gmail app. Also, having the headphone jack on the bottom instead of the top and being able to pause whatever is playing from the lock screen. It's really annoying to have to get my phone out, do a pattern lock and/or other security feature, find whatever app is playing and pause. Plus with the headphone jack on the top of the phone I have to have the phone in my pocket upside down relative to when I reach for it.

In an attempt to not make this a total negative-fest, I recently found a solve to a previous gripe I had - I was annoyed that whenever I typed it never automatically capitalized "I" leaving it a lowercase "i" instead. Switching to pretty much any other stock or non-stock keyboard solves this. Currently loving the stock Swype keyboard and all it's shortcuts (although I think this is also finally available in iOS as well.)
    11-21-2014 01:44 AM
    Swiftkey for iOS sucks. Nothing compare to swiftkey for android.

I had the 6+ for a week now and I am bored already. Not to mention it locked up on me 4 times in a week and I have the latest update. However, Bluetooth and music quality is much better than the note 4 (I had the note 4 on launch day and I thought I should try out the iPhone 6).

I am going back to the note 4 tomorrow.

A few things I must have when switch from iPhone to Samsung note 4:
    1) Nova launcher
    2) install swiftkey keyboard
    3) Watch the tips and trick videos and know how to use all the features the phone (note 4) provided.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TheDonJ77 likes this.
    12-08-2014 02:34 AM
    THIS.

Also discovered a few more 'misses' - I miss being able to copy things in Gmail. I have no idea why you can't do this in the Android Gmail app. Also, having the headphone jack on the bottom instead of the top and being able to pause whatever is playing from the lock screen. It's really annoying to have to get my phone out, do a pattern lock and/or other security feature, find whatever app is playing and pause. Plus with the headphone jack on the top of the phone I have to have the phone in my pocket upside down relative to when I reach for it.

In an attempt to not make this a total negative-fest, I recently found a solve to a previous gripe I had - I was annoyed that whenever I typed it never automatically capitalized "I" leaving it a lowercase "i" instead. Switching to pretty much any other stock or non-stock keyboard solves this. Currently loving the stock Swype keyboard and all it's shortcuts (although I think this is also finally available in iOS as well.)
    The copy in Gmail works, as well as a lot of other apps. If all else fails, you can use smart select as well.

There is lock screen control for just about any music or podcast player out there. You might have to activate it in settings.

The location of the audio jack is a personal preference thing. Coming from the iPhone, it seems out of place on the top to you.
    Being a Galaxy user for several devices now, as well as a couple of other devices with the same location, I have no problem with the location.
    12-08-2014 05:35 AM
    Lock screen notifications will be resolved with 5.0.
    12-08-2014 08:19 AM
    I miss my 10h screen on time from the iPhone 6:$

12-08-2014 08:27 AM
    Lock screen notifications will be resolved with 5.0.
    He's not talking about lock screen notifications. He's talking about audio controls. That is already available and has been since the early days.
    12-08-2014 08:36 AM
    If you use the S-Pen and the default browser, you can use the S-Pen to hover at either the top or the bottom of the web page which will automatically scroll the page up or down for you. The S-Pen has a ton of cool and use-able features. One just needs to know where to look and how to use them.
    12-09-2014 02:40 PM
    I miss seeing when the other person was typing with imessage
    Andrawer likes this.
    12-09-2014 04:12 PM
    I work in an educational environment where I use and support literally hundreds of iPads and iOS devices everyday. I love iOS on a tablet actually. But my Note is a refreshing change from all that iOS overload. iOS is all about the apps, and that's where it sort of ends. Android (especially Samsung) brings a ton of features and other stuff to explore and utilize with your apps and content. That's why even working in a 100% Apple IT environment, I stick with Android when it comes to my phone.
    12-09-2014 04:38 PM
    I use this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d.adib.switchr

A trigger zone can be established where you want (any edge of the screen, I use the right edge from just above the keyboard to just below the status bar so that I can trigger it with my right thumb) and in "Flow" mode a swipe inwards brings your recent apps (sorted by last use) up in a carousel. Quick and easy.
    12-09-2014 05:24 PM
    I was an iphone user for a few years with my iphone 4 & 5. I made the switch a couple months ago and after getting to know and getting used to the note 4, I really don't miss all that much about the iphones. There are a couple things I do miss though

1. Connectivity with my car: The iPhones worked flawlessly with my Prius' "entune" system. I was able to browse my artists, podcasts, and audiobooks with the touch screen in my car and when I landed on something I wanted to listen to I could start it directly from the touch screen. The note 4 will not let me select any music to start via the touchscreen in my car.

2. Siri (kind of): I really liked the ability to say "play artists ____" and have the iphone just start playing. I finally learned how to do that with the note 4, but it was a little frustrating.

3. Itunes: No separate apps for music, audiobooks and podcasts. I have doubletwist which is pretty awesome. But I really would've liked it to read my audiobooks too.

I think that's about it. I read a lot about the camera being better on the iphone 6+'s but I've done numerous tests with my note 4 and my gf's 6+ and the cameras really perform on the same level (IMO). I do love the 4k video with the note 4! Slow motion is better on the 6+.

minus the few things above (which I think is just the itunes environment when it comes down to it) I'm super happy with the note 4!
    12-09-2014 07:28 PM
    I work in an educational environment where I use and support literally hundreds of iPads and iOS devices everyday. I love iOS on a tablet actually. But my Note is a refreshing change from all that iOS overload. iOS is all about the apps, and that's where it sort of ends. Android (especially Samsung) brings a ton of features and other stuff to explore and utilize with your apps and content. That's why even working in a 100% Apple IT environment, I stick with Android when it comes to my phone.
    Exactly how I feel. iOS is awesome on a tablet with it's focus on apps, but after two 5's, a 5c, and a 6 Plus, as a phone it has been a big let down to me.
    12-09-2014 07:44 PM
    iMessage and Tweetbot are the 2 reasons I will never leave iOS. The only way I would leave is if I could get iMessage on Android, and since that will never happen I won't be leaving. I tried to switch to a Note. It is an excellent phone and makes better use of the larger screen over my iPhone 6 Plus. However, I just can't live without iMessage. Like many of the posters here, the vast majority of my friends all use iPhones and iMessage. Having to switch to regular SMS negatively impacted the way I'm used to communicating with my friends. I'm used to being able to send gifs and short videos directly through the messaging app with no problem. I've found that you can't do that with SMS because carriers limit the size of files you can send over SMS. Is that Samsung's fault? Absolutely not, but still equates to a negative in my user experience. My friends shouldn't have to download Hangouts or any other messaging app just to get around this requirement. Not when iMessage is there by default, and does exactly what you need/want it to do. Additionally, I missed the seamless integration between my phone, iPad, and iMac when I was using the Note.

So not only did I miss some things when I switched, I missed them so much that I switched back. I realize things such as iMessage and device interconnectivity may not be important to some, but I realized they were important enough for me. Some may value the level of customization available on Android and the higher level of flexibility/freedom, and that's fine. Different strokes for different folks.
    12-09-2014 08:04 PM
    iMessage and Tweetbot are the 2 reasons I will never leave iOS. The only way I would leave is if I could get iMessage on Android, and since that will never happen I won't be leaving. I tried to switch to a Note. It is an excellent phone and makes better use of the larger screen over my iPhone 6 Plus. However, I just can't live without iMessage. Like many of the posters here, the vast majority of my friends all use iPhones and iMessage. Having to switch to regular SMS negatively impacted the way I'm used to communicating with my friends. I'm used to being able to send gifs and short videos directly through the messaging app with no problem. I've found that you can't do that with SMS because carriers limit the size of files you can send over SMS. Is that Samsung's fault? Absolutely not, but still equates to a negative in my user experience. My friends shouldn't have to download Hangouts or any other messaging app just to get around this requirement. Not when iMessage is there by default, and does exactly what you need/want it to do. Additionally, I missed the seamless integration between my phone, iPad, and iMac when I was using the Note.

So not only did I miss some things when I switched, I missed them so much that I switched back. I realize things such as iMessage and device interconnectivity may not be important to some, but I realized they were important enough for me. Some may value to leave of customization available on Android and the higher level of flexibility/freedom, and that's fine. Different strokes for different folks.
    I am hoping google's Hangout is the next "iMessage" for Android..They have the idea, but it's still in infancy...I wished Google spend more time on it and really got it working well..When that happens, all you iMessage lovers will definitely stop missing that part of iOS!
    12-09-2014 08:48 PM
    I don't have a lot of experience with iPhone, I just had an iPhone 6 Plus for a month, but what I appreciated most was the fingerprint scanner and Apple Pay. Unlike the Note, the iPhone finger print scanner worked every single time and Apple Pay could not have been any simpler.
    12-09-2014 09:11 PM
    I miss imessage and being able to text or imessage from my iPad. I've tried to go with out an iPad air and just use note 4 for work but in real estate everything is feared for social media, pictures and video for Apple

Been really using my spending more and trying to use the action memo more too.

Live the note 4 screen but if I need iPad for work then it's really nice to just sit and return texts also and keep phone in pocket.
    .ugh
    I might try to trade note 4 for an iPhone 6 soon or use my old 5s

Posted via the Android Central App on my Note 4
    12-09-2014 10:22 PM
    Yeah, I miss tweetbot too. It's been years and they still haven't made a decent twitter app for Android. Ridiculous!

I use this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d.adib.switchr

A trigger zone can be established where you want (any edge of the screen, I use the right edge from just above the keyboard to just below the status bar so that I can trigger it with my right thumb) and in "Flow" mode a swipe inwards brings your recent apps (sorted by last use) up in a carousel. Quick and easy.
    I'm a Switchr user but I don't find the feature where you can scroll to the top. A little help please?

If you use the S-Pen and the default browser, you can use the S-Pen to hover at either the top or the bottom of the web page which will automatically scroll the page up or down for you. The S-Pen has a ton of cool and use-able features. One just needs to know where to look and how to use them.
    Too bad the default browser is ugly
    12-09-2014 11:23 PM
    I'm concerned about missing iMessage when I switch this week but more so about iCloud photo sharing. My family are all iOS and I have two streams setup where they are subscribed to. We post pictures of our young children growing up for them to look at.

How have people found the size of the Note 4 when moving from a 5/5s? Carrying it etc? Have you ever found it an issue? Do you carry on jeans pocket?

12-10-2014 01:27 AM
    I'm concerned about missing iMessage when I switch this week but more so about iCloud photo sharing. My family are all iOS and I have two streams setup where they are subscribed to. We post pictures of our young children growing up for them to look at.

How have people found the size of the Note 4 when moving from a 5/5s? Carrying it etc? Have you ever found it an issue? Do you carry on jeans pocket?

iMessage is probably the only thing I kinda miss. I went from a 5S to am iPhone 6 to the Note 4. It will be a big change in size no doubt. I had the Note for a day and brought it back. I was like wtf is with the size of this phone. After a few more days with my iPhone 6 I decided to give the Note a try again. It's been just over 2 weeks and couldn't be happier.

Got used to the size after a few days and now I couldn't go back to a smaller phone. Yes I missed iMessage but honestly now I couldn't care less. The stuff you can do with this phone is great.

Just honestly give it a week with the Note and the change to Android. I have absolutely no regrets making the switch. I also carry the phone in the front Jean pockets. It's been fine. Tying my shoes is sometimes a problem lol.
    carbon337 likes this.
    12-10-2014 04:28 AM
    iMessage is about the only thing that is missed. Its rather annoying switching from an iPhone and losing iMessage when most friends have it.
    12-10-2014 05:19 AM
    I miss imessage and being able to text or imessage from my iPad. I've tried to go with out an iPad air and just use note 4 for work but in real estate everything is feared for social media, pictures and video for Apple

Been really using my spending more and trying to use the action memo more too.

Live the note 4 screen but if I need iPad for work then it's really nice to just sit and return texts also and keep phone in pocket.
    .ugh
    I might try to trade note 4 for an iPhone 6 soon or use my old 5s

Posted via the Android Central App on my Note 4
    This could be the reason I go to iPhone 6 plus. I work on my MacBook from home and it would be nice to reply to a text message from my Mac instead of using my phone. I do agree with many that Android is a more robust os but the ecosystem and now continuity with other idevices that Apple has built is unmatched. I've been android for 4 years and ready for a platform change.

Posted via Android Central App
    12-10-2014 06:09 AM
    Yeah, I miss tweetbot too. It's been years and they still haven't made a decent twitter app for Android. Ridiculous!

I'm a Switchr user but I don't find the feature where you can scroll to the top. A little help please?

Too bad the default browser is ugly
    The stock browser may not be the best looking but as far as functionality especially with the S-Pen, it's a win.
    12-10-2014 06:40 AM
155 ... 23456 ...