Samsung Galaxy Note 4 All the recent iPhone converts...do you miss anything?

logik brooklyn

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Overall I love the phone, and have no intention of switching back to an iphone, or any other phone...but there are a few things I miss.

First and most important is the camera, mainly the low light.

Second, this may sound dumb..but the way you copy and paste text on the iphone is much easier. Not that it's hard on the note, but it's def not as easy, especially one handing it.

Texting (predictive text) drives me off the wall. I hated auto correct until I tried this lol.

Overall I find ios to be more intuitive as a whole, that's where the simplicity is their greatest asset.

Obviously with all that comes the obvious trade offs...

Posted via the Android Central App

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: All the recent iPhone converts...do you miss anything?

Depends on what you mean by recent converts. I converted from the Iphone to the S3 and then went back to the Iphone to go to the Note 3 about 11 months ago. The predictive text was a little odd at first but I got used to it.

Overall, I won't go back to the Iphone. My wife got the 6 plus on Friday and I installed the screen protector for her. I thought hmmmm...its a nice looking device and maybe... but it only lasted a couple of hours. Same thing happened when I saw the Iphone 6 announcement in September and saw the iwatch. But that was real temporary.

Apple's UI is dated and sort of drab. The customization you will find with the Note is far superior over Apple.

Not suire if my next phone will be a Note 4. Right now, I have a Note 3 and want to try something else. I think if I get a Note 4, I will feel like I have another Note 3. Maybe not. I might get a Motorola or Nexus just to try it out.

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site

Iphone is for people that don't like to customize their phone to their hearts content. Keep it simple. Android is for people that like to customize everything about their phones, larger more vivid screens, adding endless cheap storage with sd cards, removable battery and many more features to list here. No innovation with Apple (See the Note Edge) its the same thing every year with a slight speed bump. But the Apple fans eat them up because of the simplicity of them. For the record I have yet to see anyone with a Note 4 where I live or even an Iphone 6+.

iOSConvert2k14

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site

I'm with you with the text. It's so annoying and I hate when I make a typo and it "learns" it and then it changes to that.
Other than that I miss very little. Imessage was nice because all my friends have iPhones but that's not a big deal

logik brooklyn

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site

I'm with you with the text. It's so annoying and I hate when I make a typo and it "learns" it and then it changes to that.
Other than that I miss very little. Imessage was nice because all my friends have iPhones but that's not a big deal

True...forgot to mention imessage. Not the biggest deal, but I liked it.

dj2big

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site

Personally I think the IOS software runs better than Android that is not pure Android with that being said TouchWiz kills the Android smoothness experience and all the extra software should be removed except the S Pen function. Of course this is my opinion...

In a perfect world I think you should have a choice on how to run your Android phone out the box choose A run Pure Android without all the blot or choose B run Android with manufacturer software and carrier blot

raf66

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

I'm a recent convert and really like the N4. The OS is not as smooth as iOS, certainly, and I miss iMessage since most people I know have iPhones.

But I'm overall very happy with the phone. The screen is unbelievable, battery life is excellent, and it certainly offers a good bit of customization that iPhones lack.

M3Stang

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site

I miss imessage and FaceTime.

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site

I really miss my swipe up key chain for stop watch calculator and camera. I found a app for Android but it it interferes with the keyboard. I also miss the speed of the camera launching. I have small kids and the note 3 isn't fast enough most of the time. Hopefully when I get the note 3 it will have some improvement. I also dislike how when you do launched the camera it will sometimes launch into the gallery of the camera. Any one have any suggestions for apps for me to make my transition more seamless?

donhillla

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site

I miss using one app, iTunes, to manage music, backups and app updates. I know everyone is moving to cloud backups, just liked having an app that managed that for all iOS devices. I also find that some apps on android require an internet connection in order to work (many games). Same apps on the iPhone did not. PITA! Wurdle is one, can't use it on a plane unless the plane has wifi. Don't know why there is a difference. Other than that, there is nothing I miss. Will never go back to a closed system. I like the android freedom and the ability to control your experience.

jeversion1

Mar 26, 2009
Visit site

Well. I worked at the fruit stand for 5 years but always played around with an android as my second device. The things I miss are all the apps look like they were made to be on iPhone because of their developer kit. TouchWiz has lag at the weirdest times. Least favorite time is the recent apps button. But other than those. ... nothing.

logik brooklyn

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site

I really think the camera and the keyboard are my two my gripes with this phone...

In good lighting, especially outdoors this camera is probably a hair better, it's the low light. I am however really enjoying this phone, a little annoyed because I bought it for multi tasking, and textra doesn't support it lol...and that's my text app of choice.

bapte

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site

Better screen/sd cards/camera/removable battery has nothing to do with, Android vs iOS.

That would be Samsung vs Apple.

emerrow

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site

I'm also really enjoying this phone! My GF has a 6+ and I've been comparing the cameras and I don't think the iphone clearly beats the note4 in low light. I think they are both on the same level in terms of performance and results.

I do really miss iTunes, iMessage, and siri!
iTunes let me keep my audiobooks synced with both my phone and my computer.
All my friends have iphones so I don't like not having imessage, but its not a deal breaker. Just inconvenient.
I've been trying to use Google now and s-voice to get the same results I could with siri. I have yet to find out how to get google or s-voice to play music that is stored on my phone. with siri I could just say "Play artist _____" and away it went. No such luck at all with google or s-voice....

w7sg

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site

Better screen/sd cards/camera/removable battery has nothing to do with, Android vs iOS.

Exactly!!! In addition, I miss the Apple software upgrades. They were a crap shoot, whether they would brick your phone, burn up WiFi circuitry, drain the battery at warp speed, or make it extremely slow.

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site

I'm kinda on the fence again with this phone. I have the iPhone 6 now and went out and got a Note 4. Only last 3 days then brought it back. Phone was awesome but was taking a bit getting used to the size and i didn't type well even on the Google keyboard. I missed imessage etc like others since many people i know have iPhones. The the phone was awesome and I am kinda missing it again. I have alot of Apple stuff at home so i feel like i should be with iPhone. I have had Android before so it's not new to me. Each device has it's Strength. Was hoping for better battery life on the Note though. My iPhone 6 gets 7hrs Screen time and the Note was trying to push 6hrs. Guess it's due to all that power.

logik brooklyn

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site

Yes the note 4 screen is better than the 6 plus...but it's really only marginal right now considering most (almost everything) doesn't output correctly for the note 4 resolution. In daily real world use, I'm pretty sure it's a tie.

Honey_184

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site

I won't go as far as saying I was an iPhone convert since I've only ever had one (the iPhone 5), however since I had it for 2 years, I'll chime in... I don't miss anything at all about it. It was extremely restrictive and while it's true, it was a very smooth experience overall... I firmly believe that was because the iPhone was incapable of truly multitasking. If Samsung were similar to Apple in that it was only performing minimal tasks, it would be probably be just as smooth. But, I'm not complaining, I'll never go back to a non-replaceable battery, no expandable memory and in my opinion a boring user experience. Like soldier45 said, it's for people who want to keep it simple and there's nothing wrong with that, if that's what you want.. However, it's just not for me

Jose Bonet

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site

I had the iPhone 4s, can't say I.m really missing anything from that phone, I think the Note 4 experience for me has been extremely good....I do see that the camera in low light and sometimes with movement is not all that on the note....i mean ..it could be better......trying out night pics and yes, there are issues in AUTO...but maybe is me not knowing the best setups for this camera.....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX