Samsung Galaxy Note 4 All the recent iPhone converts...do you miss anything?

sbhatia1981

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: All the recent iPhone converts...do you miss anything?

I'll try that again.....I have tried several times....it takes a while and I only check the message box only when I transfer...
I use Chomp for text message.....Still trying different apps....didn't really like Google Messenger, too plain like stock iPhone

Also I'm looking into a Root....maybe.....saw the FireKat root over at XDA....looks great
Not sure I have the skills to install it??

Yes chomp is good too, same developer. I moved to S5 from iphone 5s and had rooted, my advice play with phone as note 4 is a beast even without root so i haven't done it on this and will prob do after lollipop.

it's too easy to mess up things when rooted, i somehow managed to mess up my Modem and it won't scan any wifi only saved ones. Each to their own, root is good as you have lots of functionality like app ops and customization , roms etc, proceed with caution. enjoy it is a beautiful phone!

emerrow

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site

Photos are decent on the Note 4 but a lot of photos taken come out over saturated vs the iPhone 6+'s camera. I also miss the consistency of the iPhone camera as well.

I think the screen on the note 4 may have a pretty big influence on the saturation of the photos. I'm not an expert, but when I take the photos and video from my note and view them on the computer they may be a little more saturated than normal, but I don't think that its over saturated. But taste plays a big part of it too!

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

Not recent but being a Mac user obviously I missed not being able to play iTunes purchases.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

logik brooklyn

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site

Not trying to stir the pot here, as I love the note 4 and I'm keeping it...

But a simple conclusion I have to come too, and this is obviously subjective...

The note 4 does much more than the iphone can, but the iphone does what they can both do better.

Posted via the Android Central App

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

Not trying to stir the pot here, as I love the note 4 and I'm keeping it...

But a simple conclusion I have to come too, and this is obviously subjective...

The note 4 does much more than the iphone can, but the iphone does what they can both do better.

That depends on what you are referring to. Third party keyboards, background processing, taking picturesand video are things that both devices do and I would not say that the iPhone does them better. It does do somethings better, but not everything.

Scribbled from the mighty pen of my Galaxy Note 4!

logik brooklyn

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site

That depends on what you are referring to. Third party keyboards, background processing, taking picturesand video are things that both devices do and I would not say that the iPhone does them better. It does do somethings better, but not everything.

Agreed...I worded that wrong, not everything...but a good portion of universal things.

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site

iMessage, iMessage, and iMessage.

That is the best part about iOS that people do not talk about enough (I understand that that is an oxymoron).

I never had an IPhone so I'm curious about what makes imessage so good ?

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Overall I love the phone, and have no intention of switching back to an iphone, or any other phone...but there are a few things I miss.

First and most important is the camera, mainly the low light.

Second, this may sound dumb..but the way you copy and paste text on the iphone is much easier. Not that it's hard on the note, but it's def not as easy, especially one handing it.

Texting (predictive text) drives me off the wall. I hated auto correct until I tried this lol.

Overall I find ios to be more intuitive as a whole, that's where the simplicity is their greatest asset.

Obviously with all that comes the obvious trade offs...

Huh didn't you have an article saying your going back to iPhone?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

I miss using one app, iTunes, to manage music, backups and app updates. I know everyone is moving to cloud backups, just liked having an app that managed that for all iOS devices. I also find that some apps on android require an internet connection in order to work (many games). Same apps on the iPhone did not. PITA! Wurdle is one, can't use it on a plane unless the plane has wifi. Don't know why there is a difference. Other than that, there is nothing I miss. Will never go back to a closed system. I like the android freedom and the ability to control your experience.
God I hate iTunes and I even own an iPad. So clunky and can't even delete "other" off my iPad

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

We all can change our minds.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

You don't need to own a phone to use it. I have an iPad and cellular version so I can text anybody I know who has an ios device and I believe anybody with osx. I was actually without a phone for about 28 hours and used that to text people who I didn't have on contacts with Google hangouts

iOSConvert2k14

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site

iMessage was consistent and worked in areas with no cellular reception but WiFi. I remember putting my iPhone in airplane mode then turning on WiFi so I could avoid my ex who had an Android at the time but could still receive iMessages from my friends. Plus the read receipts were a bonus. None of my friends have WhatsApp so I am stuck sending old school SMS to everyone, including my Android people. Sigh. Definitely miss iMessage.

skyeking69

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site

Yes chomp is good too, same developer. I moved to S5 from iphone 5s and had rooted, my advice play with phone as note 4 is a beast even without root so i haven't done it on this and will prob do after lollipop.

it's too easy to mess up things when rooted, i somehow managed to mess up my Modem and it won't scan any wifi only saved ones. Each to their own, root is good as you have lots of functionality like app ops and customization , roms etc, proceed with caution. enjoy it is a beautiful phone!

Good advice....I just like tinkering too much.....Jailbreak on a iPhone was easy...one click.....Rooting
well is completely different. I definitely want to learn more about it before I try it.
Or find someone who knows and watch them....
in the time being I'll play with it and my Aviate launcher.....

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

It can send video and MMS at full quality versus using MMS through the carrier which will downgrade the quality.

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

Overall I love the phone, and have no intention of switching back to an iphone, or any other phone...but there are a few things I miss.

First and most important is the camera, mainly the low light.

Second, this may sound dumb..but the way you copy and paste text on the iphone is much easier. Not that it's hard on the note, but it's def not as easy, especially one handing it.

Texting (predictive text) drives me off the wall. I hated auto correct until I tried this lol.

Overall I find ios to be more intuitive as a whole, that's where the simplicity is their greatest asset.

Obviously with all that comes the obvious trade offs...

Are you using the different modes on the camera?? Turning HDR on? Smart stabilization?

Have you tried using SwiftKey, as opposed to the stock keyboard?? IMO it blows all the other keyboards away!

For copy and paste have you used the S-Pen?

godzillinois

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

Are you using the different modes on the camera?? Turning HDR on? Smart stabilization?

Have you tried using SwiftKey, as opposed to the stock keyboard?? IMO it blows all the other keyboards away!

Does SwiftKey have Swype?

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site

i don't have a note 4 but i'm going from android to iphone 6 and i miss double tap and slide up or down to zoom. Its one handed zooming done right.

yo0123yoyo

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site

I miss the calender app icon actually showing the date and not just "31"

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci