Samsung Galaxy Note 4 All the recent iPhone converts...do you miss anything?

alpinecivic

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Have you seen the many posts floating around where people have trouble converting because of iMessage? It may not have been "shut off" properly. Have you checked into that?
I did, I went on apples website, and called to make sure my number was no longer with imessage. Again, I have no problems getting individual messages from everyone, it's the group message that's screwed up.

godzillinois

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I did, I went on apples website, and called to make sure my number was no longer with imessage. Again, I have no problems getting individual messages from everyone, it's the group message that's screwed up.
I didn't have to call Apple, I just went to this link to unregister with iMessage:

https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage

Then, make sure your text message app (I use Textra) is set to use MMS for group messages:

Attachments

• 1422046263916.jpg
    1422046263916.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 39

godzillinois

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I did all that. Still having problems. I've learned to just accept it.

Hmm, interesting. I did notice that I'm still getting a few problems here and there too. Sometimes I won't get the first half of a group message or ones from specific people won't go through in the group text. Anyone else have any other fixes for this?

alpinecivic

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, interesting. I did notice that I'm still getting a few problems here and there too. Sometimes I won't get the first half of a group message or ones from specific people won't go through in the group text. Anyone else have any other fixes for this?
Group messages work if I don't include people with iPhone's, imessage is the problem.

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Could you explain how to do what you describe? Still an Android rookie here...

If you go to settings>display>font, you can change the font type and size. With other launchers, you can change icon size, placement and shadow as Godzillinois was saying.

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Yes, even went as far as making everyone erase my contact info and create a new one. Still nothing.

I would definitely have to say it is an issue with iMessage then. I heard of someone having to reactivate an iPhone to deactivate iMessage to get this problem solved.

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Funny all the imessage comments, I still miss BBM from the blackberry days.

Posted via the Android Central App

It's just crazy that Apple uses it to trap you in! I really wonder how many people have tried Android and gone back to iOS thinking that it was an issue with Android.

jayk82

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
It's just crazy that Apple uses it to trap you in! I really wonder how many people have tried Android and gone back to iOS thinking that it was an issue with Android.

I had a Note 3, went back to a 6 Plus because of the iMessage issues (with it being known that it was 100% Apple's way of keeping you locked in with them). I'm thinking of giving the Note 4 a shot, and forcing myself to stick with it.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I had a Note 3, went back to a 6 Plus because of the iMessage issues. I'm thinking of giving the Note 4 a shot, and forcing myself to stick with it.

As awesome and life-changing sliq as the Note 4 is there's no reason to force yourself. You may simply like the 6+ better. If anything, I say see if you can somehow try both simultaneously for a week or two and stick with the one that you prefer after that.

jayk82

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
As awesome and life-changing sliq as the Note 4 is there's no reason to force yourself. You may simply like the 6+ better. If anything, I say see if you can somehow try both simultaneously for a week or two and stick with the one that you prefer after that.

I really enjoyed the Android / TW experience (lifelong iPhone user)... wished I would've stuck with the Note. The 6 Plus is great, just miss the back button / menu buttons, customization options, etc.

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I really enjoyed the Android / TW experience (lifelong iPhone user)... wished I would've stuck with the Note. The 6 Plus is great, just miss the back button / menu buttons, customization options, etc.

As small of a feature as it is, it is so wonderful to have a back button!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11