What do you set your brightness to?

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I know alot have it on auto but anybody have it on manual? I know generally they say having it on auto saves battery life better than manual.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
The 2 answers above (and mine) are proof that no one answer for one person, can directly tell you how to handle your device.

I leave mine in the lower 25% of the slider, most of the time. When I am outdoors in the sun, I do push it up quite a bit, though rarely all the way. Indoors, normally, about 25% is plenty bright enough, and of course in the dark, I take it all the way down, and sometimes use a screen dimming app to take it lower.

The only time I push it higher indoors is if I am watching a video, or showing off a photo to someone, etc.. and even then rarely over 50% is necessary. I don't use auto, because I hate seeing the screen change brightness by its self while I am using it. For me its also not a battery thing, its just where I am comfortable.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
mine is always set to 100%. i cant imagine having it set lower and having a harder time seeing the screen.

Same here, 100% all the way! I do notice a decrease in battery compared to auto, but heck the Note 4 lasts me all day anyways so why not have that screen at full brightness for the world to see!

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
100% every time. It helps to see the screen better and as you get older you find you need more light to read. I'll gladly sacrifice battery for that.