Which app are most of you using? I had both enabled on my Note 4 and S Health seemed to show a lot more steps than Fit did like it wasn't even close. I eventually uninstalled Fit because S Health seems to have a lot more options. Also I didn't see any way to use the heart beat sensor or O2 sensor in Fit. I like to stick with Google products but in this case I'm thinking S Health is the clear winner?
    11-17-2014 12:33 PM
    Which app are most of you using? I had both enabled on my Note 4 and S Health seemed to show a lot more steps than Fit did like it wasn't even close. I eventually uninstalled Fit because S Health seems to have a lot more options. Also I didn't see any way to use the heart beat sensor or O2 sensor in Fit. I like to stick with Google products but in this case I'm thinking S Health is the clear winner?
    The restore function isn't working in S-Health for me. This really sucks because when I format my phone I lose all my steps and runs.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-09-2015 08:28 PM
    The restore function isn't working in S-Health for me. This really sucks because when I format my phone I lose all my steps and runs.

If you back it up to your Samsung account it does.

I use s health as a pedometer because the steps are accurate, but I use runtastic because it has auto pause when you run. It is actually a pretty big deal because of stop lights and my dog has to poo sometimes. But I'd use it for running if runtastic didn't exist.

I also don't use it for my food. When I need to track my calories in travel days or find out how many calories are in a meal, I use myfitnesspal. Way better library of stuff.

I also like the heart rate sensor.

But I will use it more when I eventually get the gear s smartwatch, at least the running app.

02-09-2015 09:08 PM
    After I ran for an hour with both my G Watch (Fit) and Gear S (Health), the G Watch showed I had taken zero steps although the pedometer works just fine. I promptly uninstalled Fit, and the S is my go-to gym watch.

02-09-2015 09:33 PM
    I like S Health for the pedometer, heart rate and a couple other features. Nike running for when I'm out for a run and My Fitness Pal for calories and workout lodging.... 3 different programs but I've learned to make them work for me.

Legibly written by the almighty S Pen on my badass Note 4
    02-09-2015 10:28 PM
    I have used both via g watch, gear 2, gear, gear fit, and the Google fit seems to be more buggy, it will sometimes not count a 20 minute walk at all, or say that I was bicycling for an hour when I was sitting in a meeting at work.

The restore on s health is a bit finicky for me. It sometimes does not work right.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    02-10-2015 09:53 AM

The restore on s health is a bit finicky for me. It sometimes does not work right.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    just make sure you are connected using your samsung account. Restoration has always been ok with mine.
    geekaren likes this.
    05-06-2015 08:51 PM
    I have used both of it. So, have the real experience.
    05-06-2015 09:07 PM
    Does S Health have a web portal to view the data? Or phone only?
    01-15-2016 05:33 PM
    I like s health better than Fit, however, I purchased a wireless battery charger for my Note 4 and that requires putting on a new back cover that is a little thicker than the original cover, and it prevents the s health function. I guess the finger tip doesn't hit or align correctly with the sensor....anyone have ideas on how I might fix this?
    01-17-2016 10:16 AM
    Can we use S-health with android wear? . I could not fugue out with LG watch urbane and returned it. I liked android wear better than samsung gear but S-health is a deal breaker.

01-17-2016 12:24 PM
    Does S Health have a web portal to view the data? Or phone only?
    I actually called Samsung and asked and the nice man told me that although my info was backed up, there was no way for me to SEE what I'd backed up, or those silly badges I keep getting awarded.
    01-19-2016 03:57 PM
    I actually called Samsung and asked and the nice man told me that although my info was backed up, there was no way for me to SEE what I'd backed up, or those silly badges I keep getting awarded.
    Thanks. Sigh... this seems to be an oversight. A web portal should be there to view the data, and, as an alternative mean of data entry, for when your phone is tied up or charging. E.g. entering meal or water consumption data.

Hopefully Samsung would rectify it in the (near) future. Well, if they are serious about the health app market that is. They do have a habit of killing off projects in a year or so (MILK, ChatON, WatchON...) It makes me leery to commit to using Samsung apps.
    01-23-2016 08:21 AM