Gmail is using most of my battery life. HELP! How can I fix it?

debsawyer

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
Screenshot_2014-11-15-23-15-17.jpg

I am only getting 6-8 hours. How can this be fix? Sync is down to 2 days. My other email accounts are set to sync every hour. I change it from every 5 minutes.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you get a lot of email, once it starts syncing it's going to keep on syncing until it's finished. If that's a few hundred emails a day, it could use a lot of battery. If that's the case, there's not much you can do, except set filters in GMail so you aren't syncing anything but important emails. (Forward anything from senders who aren't important to another account, then delete them on this account. Read the other account from a computer.)

If you get a lot of spam, use the filters to delete the spam, so it's not there to sync. (You really don't want to make a million dollars, save on your car insurance and grow larger body parts, do you?)

Another thing you might try is to not sync anything in GMail and use a different email app. (Any email app can sync your GMail email accounts.)

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
My Gmail app went on a battery rampage right after updating to version 5, cleared the cache partition and went back to normal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda6969