I upgraded to a Note 4 from a 4.5 year old blackberry bold. I really love the Note, but am still trying to figure things out - like this thing that has me baffled: When I open up Gallery, there are pictures in the Gallery that I took in 2008 ... before I got my Bold ... with my Nikon D70. I am baffled as to how they got on the phone - maybe I emailed them at some point in the past? Maybe I put them on the Bold manually because they were cute pictures of my daughter and they got transferred to the Note when the tech upgraded me. I don't know.

And here's another baffling thing: I can't find these pictures on my phone when I connect the Note to my computer and search the device with Windows Explorer (or any other search tool, for that matter). These pics simply are not on the phone itself.

Interestingly, when I open the picture and hit the vertical ellipsis, there is a "download" option, and when I download the picture then shows up in the download folder. Does google have these pictures somewhere?

Confused in Colorado
    11-17-2014 11:25 PM
    While in the gallery, hit the three dot menu button on the top right side. From there tap the "select content to display'' option. Chances are that one of your online accounts has the photos (either Dropbox, Facebook or Picasa).
    11-17-2014 11:37 PM
    Thanks, Muzzy - that did it. I guess I tried Picasa out some time in 2008 -- now the question to figure out is Where are those photos and how do I delete them.
    11-18-2014 10:44 AM
    That's a heck of an upgrade!!! Which Bold was it? I had the 9700 and the 9900 and look back on them fondly. I'd be tempted to pick up a Classic (I have a Z10 that use to tinker with and installed leaked OS versions), but money is a little tight due to other expenses right now.

IIRC, Picasa used to be called something else. I vaguely recalled using that service and uploading a few pics to it to use on a blog, and those pics show up for me as well. They were from back in my Sidekick days! I also have photos uploaded from back when Google Hangouts was just called Google Messenger. It's a blast from the past! It kinda makes me want to automatically back up all pics, but I take a LOT of random pics when I'm testing out various camera settings which I delete from my device right away, and it would be a pain if all of those got automatically uploaded.
    11-18-2014 11:29 AM