Here is some 4k, looks pretty good when played back in Chrome desktop mode at 4k

11-18-2014 12:13 AM
    Unfortunately, we can't see 4k on a web browser. Seeing it through the forum defaults to 480p.
    11-18-2014 01:02 AM
    And going through the YouTube app defaults to 720p And will not go any higher.

Scribbled from the mighty pen of my Galaxy Note 4!
    11-18-2014 09:21 AM
    Do you have Chrome you can open it in on your Note 4?

If so use the menu pull down on the right top, toward the bottom of the menu is "Request desktop site" After that change to 4k or 1440P.

Must open link in Chrome browser.
    11-18-2014 10:10 AM
    Unfortunately, we can't see 4k on a web browser. Seeing it through the forum defaults to 480p.
    Yes you can. I've done it plenty. It skips sometimes, but i've done it successfully many times now.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-18-2014 06:47 PM
    Here is some 4k, looks pretty good when played back in Chrome desktop mode at 4k

But the Note 4 only supports 1440p. So there's no point in selecting 4K. Will just slow down buffering.

11-18-2014 06:48 PM
    If it's buffering it's your connection and not the fact that it's a 4k video. I've used Chrome on my Note 4 to playback YouTube videos at 4k to show off how awesome the screen is.
    11-18-2014 08:54 PM
    If it's buffering it's your connection and not the fact that it's a 4k video. I've used Chrome on my Note 4 to playback YouTube videos at 4k to show off how awesome the screen is.
    There are so many holes in your logic. Buffer time depends on two things: the size of the file you are downloading and the speed at which you are able to download said files. Larger files require longer time to download. 2160p files are MUCH LARGER than 1440p. Also, you're showing off 1440p(QHD) to your friends. Your phone does not support 4K. The end.

11-18-2014 09:24 PM
    There are so many holes in your logic. Larger videos require longer time to download. 2160p files are MUCH LARGER than 1440p. Also, you're showing off 1440p(QHD) to your friends. Your phone does not support 4K. The end.

There are no holes in my logic. The faster your connection the sooner your video will play. A 4K video in and of itself will nor necessarily have to buffer is the connection is fast enough.
    11-18-2014 09:26 PM
    There are no holes in my logic. The faster your connection the sooner your video will play. A 4K video in and of itself will nor necessarily have to buffer is the connection is fast enough.
    Right. Well according to your logic, if anything buffers, it's the connection's fault. You are completely ignoring the fact that you are slowing down the speed at which you can view the video for NO reason. Unless, of course, you want to show off to your friends the fact that your phone can play 4K video. Which it can't.

11-18-2014 09:29 PM
    Right. Well according to your logic, if anything buffers, it's the connection's fault. You are completely ignoring the fact that you are slowing down the speed at which you can view the video for NO reason. Unless, of course, you want to show off to your friends the fact that your phone can play 4K video. Which it can't.

No genius, according to me a faster pipe will result in less buffering. But apparently such logic escapes you. And as for the 4k, the screen can't show it but it's still streaming in 4k! Now it's the end! Goodbye!
    11-18-2014 09:31 PM
    No genius, according to me a faster pipe will result in less buffering. But apparently such logic escapes you. And as for the 4k, the screen can't show it but it's still streaming in 4k! Now it's the end! Goodbye!
    Look guys! It's 4K!
    Um. Doesn't look any better to me.
    Well, I can only show it to you in 1440p. But it was originally recorded in 4K. Look at it! Look at me!

11-18-2014 09:40 PM
    Let's take the 4K movie Timescapes, for example. 52 minutes, 120GB in size. That's over 2GB a minute. With some approximation, that comes out to over 260 mb/s. Tell me how many people you know who have an Internet speed that high. 4K WILL BUFFER. Feel free to attempt to disprove me with some facts and logic, if you want. Haven't seen any yet.

11-18-2014 09:49 PM
    It really drove me nutz that I could not get HD on my Note when it does 1440P. Had to find a solution and Chrome desktop mode is the best so far. It will do the 4K and 1440P.

Its only 1080P but great video

kittenphelia likes this.
    11-18-2014 10:04 PM
    So I have a hard time telling the difference between 1440P and 4K on playback. Considering that the Note 4 only has 1440P pixels there is a very good chance nobody can tell the difference in playback on the Note 4. So I think as far as quality goes the compression that we are talking about on the Note 4 would be much more of an issue than any other issue.
    11-18-2014 10:37 PM
    So I have a hard time telling the difference between 1440P and 4K on playback. Considering that the Note 4 only has 1440P pixels there is a very good chance nobody can tell the difference in playback on the Note 4. So I think as far as quality goes the compression that we are talking about on the Note 4 would be much more of an issue than any other issue.
    You do not get to see ANYTHING in 4K resolution on the Note 4. So no, you can't tell a difference because there is no difference to be seen. If you select 4K video, you are still only seeing 1440p.

11-18-2014 11:02 PM
    You do not get to see ANYTHING in 4K resolution on the Note 4. So no, you can't tell a difference because there is no difference to be seen. If you select 4K video, you are still only seeing 1440p. When something is offered in 4K, your phone will automatically convert it to 1440p. 100% of the time.

11-18-2014 11:14 PM
    Let's take the 4K movie Timescapes, for example. 52 minutes, 120GB in size. That's over 2GB a minute. With some approximation, that comes out to over 260 mb/s. Tell me how many people you know who have an Internet speed that high. 4K WILL BUFFER. Feel free to attempt to disprove me with some facts and logic, if you want. Haven't seen any yet.

You are confusing bits with bytes. A connection speed on the Web is measured in bits, as that is the measurement we use for how many 0s and 1s are being transferred.

The byte is a sequence of those 0s and 1s. Generally speaking, it is about 8 bits to every 1 byte.

As such, we can't say that an Internet connection that gets 50mbps is equal to transferring 50MBps. The lower case being bits and the upper case being bytes.

Either way, streaming can buffer enough 4K information at current household speeds because not everything needs to be immediately sent at once.... hence the term "buffer."

11-19-2014 02:32 AM
    You do not get to see ANYTHING in 4K resolution on the Note 4. So no, you can't tell a difference because there is no difference to be seen. If you select 4K video, you are still only seeing 1440p.

I think that was my point. Sarcasm is easy to hide in a thread post. Don't ya see.
    11-19-2014 12:30 PM
    You are confusing bits with bytes. A connection speed on the Web is measured in bits, as that is the measurement we use for how many 0s and 1s are being transferred.

The byte is a sequence of those 0s and 1s. Generally speaking, it is about 8 bits to every 1 byte.

As such, we can't say that an Internet connection that gets 50mbps is equal to transferring 50MBps. The lower case being bits and the upper case being bytes.

Either way, streaming can buffer enough 4K information at current household speeds because not everything needs to be immediately sent at once.... hence the term "buffer."

No, I'm def aware of the difference in bits and bytes. Lol. My final conversion was converted to Mbps from MBps, as that is what I typically get speed test results in. My point is that you are unnecessarily increasing the buffer time (exactly how much is dependent on your specific Internet speed) if you are streaming 4K video because we can't make any use of the higher resolution on our devices.

11-19-2014 01:04 PM
    I think that was my point. Sarcasm is easy to hide in a thread post. Don't ya see.
    Got ya. My caps words are purely for emphasis. No frustration on my end or anything. I enjoy these discussions. I would really enjoy being able to watch 1440p videos on my phone without them skipping. Have you found any that don't skip yet? I found one that wasn't bad at all. I think it was either the solar flare/storm video or the one where they go down into the active volcano. Both were pretty sweet in 1440.

11-19-2014 01:11 PM