Samsung Galaxy Note 4 FitBit App Synchronization

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone else here having a problem getting their fitbit app to sync with their FitBit on the note 4?

Posted via the Android Central App

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: FitBit App Synchronization

Most of the time it is fine but sometimes it says no calories left or a couple items don't agree like calories left or calories burned but it's intermittent and not enough of a problem for me to chase but it's something. Usually happens when fitbit,PC and Note are in the same room if that helps at all.

Is anyone else here having a problem getting their fitbit app to sync with their FitBit on the note 4?

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site

Most of the time it is fine but sometimes it says no calories left or a couple items don't agree like calories left or calories burned but it's intermittent and not enough of a problem for me to chase but it's something. Usually happens when fitbit,PC and Note are in the same room if that helps at all.

Unfortunately I'm not able to sync at all. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app and nothing. I also went to the Fitbit website, and the Note 4 is not on the supported smartphone list. I'm trying to pinpoint whether this is an application issues or incompatibility with the Note 4. Any other suggestions?

westcoaststyle

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site

Unfortunately I'm not able to sync at all. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app and nothing. I also went to the Fitbit website, and the Note 4 is not on the supported smartphone list. I'm trying to pinpoint whether this is an application issues or incompatibility with the Note 4. Any other suggestions?

My Note 4 works fine with syncing to my Fitbit Flex, so I'm not sure it is incompatibility.

Borgador17

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site

My fit bit one only syncs when I open the app. I double checked and background sync is checked and I leave Bluetooth on all the time.
Funny thing is if I don't kill the app in the app switcher sometimes it will sync randomly later in the evening. But the next day my widget stays on zero until I manually open the app again.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4.

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I'm sorry...mine was automatic when I set up the Note 4. I believe Fitbit just didn't list it yet. They are slow about that stuff. I know there are no missing capabilities the 3 had and the 4 doesn't. I wish I had other ideas. I apologize for even asking but after reinstalling you did make sure you were logged in didn't you?

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site

I'm sorry...mine was automatic when I set up the Note 4. I believe Fitbit just didn't list it yet. They are slow about that stuff. I know there are no missing capabilities the 3 had and the 4 doesn't. I wish I had other ideas. I apologize for even asking but after reinstalling you did make sure you were logged in didn't you?

I did log back in, but what I did to get it to work was force close the app and once I went back in it began to sync again. I've been keeping my eye on it to make sure it's still syncing.

Daboodah

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Yes. My Fitbit One has been hit-or-miss ever since I got my Note 4. I've noticed it will sync automatically at times, but every time I launch the app, it fails to sync on first attempt. After clicking the sync icon a couple of times, I eventually get it to say "connected" (usually after 2 or 3 failures and a notice to toggle bluetooth on/off, which has never proved necessary nor has it improved the situation). Even after connecting, if I close/minimize the app by returning to home screen or opening another app, when I return to Fitbit app, I have to click sync a couple times to get it connected again. There are times when it takes up to 10 attempts before it manually syncs. It's very flakey and strange, but it does sync if I try enough times. It's been like this since I first got my Note 4, so I'm doubtful that it's caused by anything I've done. I am with Sprint using stock image, so perhaps they have an app they include in their stock image that causes Bluetooth flakiness.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I have similar issues, but while using the Sony Smart band. Sometimes it won't register via bluetooth, sometimes it won't register my walk count etc.. I also have problems with the Sony Lifelog app. The background colour is white and so is the text on the app - it's impossible to see anything. Hopefully the app updates soon.

heathersimon

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
My Fitbit Flex syncs fine with my Note 4, but I leave Bluetooth off most of the time and only open the app rarely. Most of my Fitbit syncing is via desktop unless I need to change an alarm on-the-go.

karcocha

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
I just got the Galaxy Note 4 today and yesterday received my Charge HR. Trying to pair the HR with the phone through the phone's bluetooth settings got me nowhere, but if make your device visible to bluetooth devices and then go into the app to sync your device it should complete the setup no problems. After a quick setup the devices are paired which you can check through your bluetooth settings. I think the difference may be the call notification that the HR utilizes which is why you have to go through the FitBit app instead of regular settings but don't take my word for it. Hope that helps!

ptau54

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I got the Fitbit Flex for Christmas and wouldn't sync with my note 4 either. Contacted Fitbit but no solution. Returned the flex and got Up24. Never had 1 problem. App for Up24 is 100 times better.

FLRubi

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
My Fitbit Charge HR syncs just fine with my N4. I was actually surprised to discover I didn't need to do a thing after I installed the app. Perhaps it was because I was previously syncing on my N2?

pawmbi

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Yes. My Fitbit One has been hit-or-miss ever since I got my Note 4. I've noticed it will sync automatically at times, but every time I launch the app, it fails to sync on first attempt. After clicking the sync icon a couple of times, I eventually get it to say "connected" (usually after 2 or 3 failures and a notice to toggle bluetooth on/off, which has never proved necessary nor has it improved the situation). Even after connecting, if I close/minimize the app by returning to home screen or opening another app, when I return to Fitbit app, I have to click sync a couple times to get it connected again. There are times when it takes up to 10 attempts before it manually syncs. It's very flakey and strange, but it does sync if I try enough times. It's been like this since I first got my Note 4, so I'm doubtful that it's caused by anything I've done. I am with Sprint using stock image, so perhaps they have an app they include in their stock image that causes Bluetooth flakiness.

This my exact issue except I have fitbit charge. Originally had the charge hrs and thought that was the problem but it's doing it with the regular charge....wondering could this be a phone issue?