02-12-2017 02:16 AM
27 12
tools
    Is anyone else here having a problem getting their fitbit app to sync with their FitBit on the note 4?

Posted via the Android Central App
    cosmochrissy1990 likes this.
    11-18-2014 09:52 AM
    Is anyone else here having a problem getting their fitbit app to sync with their FitBit on the note 4?

I'm able to sync my Flex just fine with the app.
    11-18-2014 11:38 AM
    Most of the time it is fine but sometimes it says no calories left or a couple items don't agree like calories left or calories burned but it's intermittent and not enough of a problem for me to chase but it's something. Usually happens when fitbit,PC and Note are in the same room if that helps at all.

11-18-2014 01:10 PM
    Most of the time it is fine but sometimes it says no calories left or a couple items don't agree like calories left or calories burned but it's intermittent and not enough of a problem for me to chase but it's something. Usually happens when fitbit,PC and Note are in the same room if that helps at all.
    Unfortunately I'm not able to sync at all. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app and nothing. I also went to the Fitbit website, and the Note 4 is not on the supported smartphone list. I'm trying to pinpoint whether this is an application issues or incompatibility with the Note 4. Any other suggestions?

11-18-2014 02:57 PM
    My FB One won't auto sync only manual.
    11-18-2014 03:05 PM
    Unfortunately I'm not able to sync at all. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app and nothing. I also went to the Fitbit website, and the Note 4 is not on the supported smartphone list. I'm trying to pinpoint whether this is an application issues or incompatibility with the Note 4. Any other suggestions?

My Note 4 works fine with syncing to my Fitbit Flex, so I'm not sure it is incompatibility.
    11-18-2014 03:48 PM
    My fit bit one only syncs when I open the app. I double checked and background sync is checked and I leave Bluetooth on all the time.
    Funny thing is if I don't kill the app in the app switcher sometimes it will sync randomly later in the evening. But the next day my widget stays on zero until I manually open the app again.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
    11-18-2014 04:35 PM
    I'm sorry...mine was automatic when I set up the Note 4. I believe Fitbit just didn't list it yet. They are slow about that stuff. I know there are no missing capabilities the 3 had and the 4 doesn't. I wish I had other ideas. I apologize for even asking but after reinstalling you did make sure you were logged in didn't you?

11-19-2014 12:25 PM
    My Fitbit One seems to be working fine so far.
    11-19-2014 12:38 PM
    I'm sorry...mine was automatic when I set up the Note 4. I believe Fitbit just didn't list it yet. They are slow about that stuff. I know there are no missing capabilities the 3 had and the 4 doesn't. I wish I had other ideas. I apologize for even asking but after reinstalling you did make sure you were logged in didn't you?
    I did log back in, but what I did to get it to work was force close the app and once I went back in it began to sync again. I've been keeping my eye on it to make sure it's still syncing.

11-19-2014 07:27 PM
    Yes. My Fitbit One has been hit-or-miss ever since I got my Note 4. I've noticed it will sync automatically at times, but every time I launch the app, it fails to sync on first attempt. After clicking the sync icon a couple of times, I eventually get it to say "connected" (usually after 2 or 3 failures and a notice to toggle bluetooth on/off, which has never proved necessary nor has it improved the situation). Even after connecting, if I close/minimize the app by returning to home screen or opening another app, when I return to Fitbit app, I have to click sync a couple times to get it connected again. There are times when it takes up to 10 attempts before it manually syncs. It's very flakey and strange, but it does sync if I try enough times. It's been like this since I first got my Note 4, so I'm doubtful that it's caused by anything I've done. I am with Sprint using stock image, so perhaps they have an app they include in their stock image that causes Bluetooth flakiness.
    01-14-2015 03:53 AM
    I have similar issues, but while using the Sony Smart band. Sometimes it won't register via bluetooth, sometimes it won't register my walk count etc.. I also have problems with the Sony Lifelog app. The background colour is white and so is the text on the app - it's impossible to see anything. Hopefully the app updates soon.
    01-14-2015 04:40 AM
    My Fitbit Zip doesn't want to sync with my Note 4 either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    01-14-2015 07:21 PM
    My Fitbit Flex syncs fine with my Note 4, but I leave Bluetooth off most of the time and only open the app rarely. Most of my Fitbit syncing is via desktop unless I need to change an alarm on-the-go.
    01-14-2015 07:24 PM
    I just got the Galaxy Note 4 today and yesterday received my Charge HR. Trying to pair the HR with the phone through the phone's bluetooth settings got me nowhere, but if make your device visible to bluetooth devices and then go into the app to sync your device it should complete the setup no problems. After a quick setup the devices are paired which you can check through your bluetooth settings. I think the difference may be the call notification that the HR utilizes which is why you have to go through the FitBit app instead of regular settings but don't take my word for it. Hope that helps!
    01-24-2015 04:44 PM
    I got the Fitbit Flex for Christmas and wouldn't sync with my note 4 either. Contacted Fitbit but no solution. Returned the flex and got Up24. Never had 1 problem. App for Up24 is 100 times better.

01-24-2015 11:32 PM
    My Fitbit flex syncs just fine with my note 4.
    01-24-2015 11:56 PM
    My Fitbit Charge HR syncs just fine with my N4. I was actually surprised to discover I didn't need to do a thing after I installed the app. Perhaps it was because I was previously syncing on my N2?

01-25-2015 06:41 AM
    My Fitbit Surge works flawlessly with my Note 4 as well as with my 2014 Moto X.
    01-25-2015 06:43 AM
    Yes. My Fitbit One has been hit-or-miss ever since I got my Note 4. I've noticed it will sync automatically at times, but every time I launch the app, it fails to sync on first attempt. After clicking the sync icon a couple of times, I eventually get it to say "connected" (usually after 2 or 3 failures and a notice to toggle bluetooth on/off, which has never proved necessary nor has it improved the situation). Even after connecting, if I close/minimize the app by returning to home screen or opening another app, when I return to Fitbit app, I have to click sync a couple times to get it connected again. There are times when it takes up to 10 attempts before it manually syncs. It's very flakey and strange, but it does sync if I try enough times. It's been like this since I first got my Note 4, so I'm doubtful that it's caused by anything I've done. I am with Sprint using stock image, so perhaps they have an app they include in their stock image that causes Bluetooth flakiness.
    This my exact issue except I have fitbit charge. Originally had the charge hrs and thought that was the problem but it's doing it with the regular charge....wondering could this be a phone issue?
    01-27-2015 09:09 PM
    With the newest version of the app my FitBit One is syncing just fine with my Note 4...BUT the "Custom" and "My Foods" tabs force close the app every time I touch them. Reporting does nothing. I saw nothing on their site. Anyone else seeing this?
    01-28-2015 11:37 AM
    My fitbit Charge4 will sync but I can't get text or call notifications. It says "unable to communicate with Charge HR" . It discovers it but won't connect.
    04-10-2015 08:45 AM
    Just got the new samsung S6 and my fitbit charge hr doesn't seem to sync. Any advice??? Thanks.
    04-17-2015 03:15 AM
    I have to plug it in and reset it for my charge hr to sync on my s6
    04-30-2015 04:09 PM
    Lollipop has much improved my syncing. It used to take several attempts but now it works most of the time.
    05-01-2015 06:08 AM
27 12