Cant decide between the Note 4, Moto X, or LG G3

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I was looking for a smaller phone than my G2 that met an untimely end when I dropped it on concrete and it landed on the corner just right and destroyed the screen. It had been almost indestructible, but having small hands and determined to get a real case I wanted a smaller phone and decided on the MOTOX I was disappointed. Three of my last four phones were Motorola. So it was a brand I thought I knew, the hardware seemed sturdy enough, but it uses, Google's "Now" launcher. That is one launcher that I hate. I can't tell you why and you may like it. But it drives me nuts, so I traded it on a Kyoceria DuraForce of all things. But its a so called rugged phone, no need to buy a case. Time will tell just how rugged. At least it's not Google Now.

How's the DuraForce working out? I'm interested.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I would ask how important the camera is as well. The moto x will be average at best. The g3 has a great camera, but it has slower over all performance. I think the note 4 is the best overall phone is you can handle the size. From screen, battery life, camera, s pen has been of great use for me.

sparker04

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I would ask how important the camera is as well. The moto x will be average at best. The g3 has a great camera, but it has slower over all performance. I think the note 4 is the best overall phone is you can handle the size. From screen, battery life, camera, s pen has been of great use for me.

I agree, the Note 4 is an awesome phone! I've had it for a few months now and I can't imagine a phone without a s-pen.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Do yourself a favor and stay away from the g3.

Sent from my glorious note 4.
I keep seeing that sentiment and it disappoints me. The G2 was such a stellar device that it's sad to see its successor so poorly received. I'm putting my hopes in the G Flex 2 and I hope it's LG's winner for '15.

from the Note Edge📱

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I have used the G3 since launch and definitely like it, except for battery life isn't great(I'm averaging 2.5-3 screen time, about 12-14 hours max total) I just got a Note 4 as a replacement, more for the better battery life than anything else. In the 4 days I have had though, I agree its a great device, beautiful screen, fast. The battery isn't as good as I had hoped. I've never lasted more than 18 hours with 4-5 hours of SOT. Still within my 2 week return window, so I am still undecided.

Not quote sure what you expect out of a Battery. 5 hours is good. 6 would be great.

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
I keep seeing that sentiment and it disappoints me. The G2 was such a stellar device that it's sad to see its successor so poorly received. I'm putting my hopes in the G Flex 2 and I hope it's LG's winner for '15.

from the Note Edge📱

I'm betting you'd do well to stay with that note edge of yours.

Sent from my glorious note 4.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm a heavy user and get usually 5.5 to 6 hours of screen time. I have WiFi on all day GPS phone calls. The great think is the fast charging. I don't think you will find a battery that will last much longer. Maybe the droid turbo or iPhone 6 plus.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21